Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Strange.
    When the Cats are going bad this site is roaring with posters screaming for the coach's head. Now off perhaps their best weekend of the season?
    Crickets.
    Strange.
    I agree. I’ve dreamt of us winning hockey east (I know that is a stretch, but anything is possible) then going to the regionals then wondering what people would have to say. It has been a tough season and no one feels worse than the players. They are learning how to win. To me there are life lessons here, they are students and education is important and UVM graduates good people unlike a lot of “successful “ programs. Go cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Strange.
      When the Cats are going bad this site is roaring with posters screaming for the coach's head. Now off perhaps their best weekend of the season?
      Crickets.
      Strange.
      I'm thrilled for the guys, but still think Sneddon's gotta go. But I don't recall hearing from many Sneddon supporters when things were going bad either, so it works both ways. I'm not trying to be flippant, as we all want the same thing -- good hockey.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Strange.
        Crickets.
        Strange.
        Sneddon needs to go! Never should be in the basement looking up to begin with - let’s see how consistent it is from here on out!

The boys need leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strange.
          Crickets.
          Strange.
          That's because nothing has changed except a couple of "decent" games. Sneddon's style can't and won't consistently win in this conference. He'll cycle through some more this spring looking for the greener grass and the skilled guys that come in will get indoctrinated into a defense only style of play with all sorts of idiotic "quotas" and digress just like every other year..not much more to say but I will be happy to come on here everyday and repeat myself if that makes you happy.

Comment

Strange.
            Crickets.
            Strange.
            we are here and happy to see the wins but I agree with catmandoo we all still feel the same - also the Sneddon supporters been silent all year I will not call out names but they know who they are they never post here anymorE!
            In case you havent looked at the standings Cats still 9th in a 11 team league and have won 8 games all year
            In case you havent looked the Gutt is still pretty empty from what I hear because one weekend and a 5 game unbeaten streak does not magically make everything better because guess what there was a 9 game streak where they couldnt muster a win
            Big upcoming weekend against UNH to get a home ice game which is compeltely meaningless now because they give it to the 8th place team but that is what we supposed to consider success around here?! get real!
            Still will end with losing record in league and likely 20 loss season
            To quote Bill Parcells YOU are what your record says you ARE!

Comment

We have land on the /r/collegehockey Imperialism Map, so that's something, I guess
              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Strange.
                Crickets.
                Strange.
                One weekend does not make a season. It's still time for Sneddon to go. Happy now that people are still calling for the coaches head?
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                  They are learning how to win.
                  Didn't they learn how to win last season? I get there are new players and a new dynamic, but it's not as if the whole roster just stepped on the ice for the first time.

Comment

It has been fun watching the lines finally come together and having some consistency game to game.

Now let's talk defensive zone play. Stop waving your sticks at the player with the puck. Move your feet and skate through the puck carrier. They won't score if they are on their butt. At times there are five players on the ice entirely focused on blocking shots. Lekkas is great, don't need 5 extra goalies. Move your feet.

Defenseman, you are big guys. Don't be afraid to lean on the players in front of the net and move them out. I'm a dinosaur.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      Now let's talk defensive zone play. Stop waving your sticks at the player with the puck. Move your feet and skate through the puck carrier. They won't score if they are on their butt. At times there are five players on the ice entirely focused on blocking shots. Lekkas is great, don't need 5 extra goalies. Move your feet.
                      Counterpoint: If you commit to the body and miss, you're now out of position.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                        Same thing happens when you wave your stick at the puck and miss.

Comment

Agree with many of the prior comments.

My belief that Sneddon is not the right coach to lead going forward isn't based on one bad year. It's based on many years of building what I consider to be a mediocre track record, with some notable spots of both success and failure.

UVM seems not to fire coaches. Maybe we can't afford to eat the contracts. But if that is your approach, then you have to review track records with an extremely critical eye when coaches are up for renewal. If that was done, I'd say it is simply hard to believe that you could look at long term track record and short term trajectory and decide to renew.....if your goal is to treat hockey like UVM's premier spectator sport along with basketball.

So yes, I am rooting for the team to win every game, and always will. Yes, I am happy for the kids and (yes, even) the coaching staff that they've turned things around the last few weeks. I'm ride or die UVM hockey all the way.

None of that changes my belief that we made the wrong decision on renewing the coach. But now all I can do is hope I'm proven wrong. I'll be the first, and happiest, one to admit it if I am.

Comment

Gameplan for this weekend needs to be balls-to-the-wall speed and skill. Physicality is not going to win you games on Whittemore's ice.

Keep the top two lines together since they're hot, but I'd like to see more skill players in the bottom 6. Kaufman, Misley, maybe Frechette should be in IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                              Don't miss. I miss the days of Jaime Sifers...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                Don't miss. I miss the days of Jaime Sifers...
                                Also this is literally the worst weekend to commit to the body regularly with that big rink at the Whitt. You don't win games on Olympic ice when your D is based on physicality and grinding, but you do win them when it's based on smart positioning and decision-making.

Comment

Working...
                                X