Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

    Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
    Vlad really looked good. His linemates weren’t at his level. UVM out-chanced Harvard but couldn’t finish, I’d guess...8-10 quality chances on the doorstep. Wait, did Kaufman not dress?
    He didn't, a decision that baffles me. This season is a lost cause. Why not play the guys who are going to be on your team in the long haul?
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

    Comment


    • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

      Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
      I also want to let you know that was a great job on the article! Ducharme worth the call as you say if he says no its okay but the call need to be made glad you took the Rolston idea to me he is going to be a top target for lots of programs and players like kids with experience in the pro game and even if he been out of college for a while has worked with the age group and at higher levels other schools have made it work and he'd be a great choice! Douclon and Fingerhut aren't going to be considered great at their level though for sure - the junior guy that gets the consideration be someone like Mark Carlson from Cedar Rapid of USHL
      Maybe someone else like Don Granato who is an assistant with Blackhawks right now his brother is HC of Wisconsin and team USA where he was an assistant also was Head of USA U17-18 team and his niece is on UVM women team.

      Left the game early and googled more hockey names sad this might be the highlight of the season! what do you take over/under team wins 3 more games whole year?@ if someone makes one of those online petitions to fire Sneddon Ill gladly sign it
      Carlson's a good shout, I forgot about him. Colton seemed to like him quite a bit, when I talked to him before last season he gave a lot of credit for his drastic improvement to him.

      Or as I said elsewhere, maybe the guy from Brooks in the AJHL, we recruit very heavily from there.

      I just don't want another case of "choosing Sneddon over one of the best coaches of the last 30 years in Jeff Jackson"
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

      Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

      /r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

      Comment


      • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

        At least we have basketb-

        *Anthony Lamb out with foot fracture*

        OH FOR ****'S SAKE
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

        Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

        /r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          At least we have basketb-

          *Anthony Lamb out with foot fracture*

          OH FOR ****'S SAKE
          You’re kidding me!!!! Ugh.

          Comment


          • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

            Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
            You’re kidding me!!!! Ugh.
            Seriously, last year was a fun year to be covering UVM athletics...this year, not so much
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

            Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

            /r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

            Comment


            • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

              I had another excellent hot chocolate at the game (if you can't say anything nice...)

              Comment


              • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                Carlson's a good shout, I forgot about him. Colton seemed to like him quite a bit, when I talked to him before last season he gave a lot of credit for his drastic improvement to him.

                Or as I said elsewhere, maybe the guy from Brooks in the AJHL, we recruit very heavily from there.

                I just don't want another case of "choosing Sneddon over one of the best coaches of the last 30 years in Jeff Jackson"
                Guys are gonna need to have college degrees which rules out lots of canadian junior coaches most are ex-CHL guys - also the Brooks guy is 33 unless hes a Lincoln Riley or brad Stevens he probably isn't a guy!
                I would have loved to know how that committee passed over Jackson it better be Jackson said no because I agree that is real bad!
                Gutted for Lamb injury! great player but at least I have some confidence in the basketball team's coach to keep them competitive!! No faith on the coaching on ice!

                Comment


                • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                  Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                  Guys are gonna need to have college degrees which rules out lots of canadian junior coaches most are ex-CHL guys - also the Brooks guy is 33 unless hes a Lincoln Riley or brad Stevens he probably isn't a guy!
                  I would have loved to know how that committee passed over Jackson it better be Jackson said no because I agree that is real bad!
                  Gutted for Lamb injury! great player but at least I have some confidence in the basketball team's coach to keep them competitive!! No faith on the coaching on ice!
                  I've actually found, doing some research, that a lot of junior coaches today are younger. There's a coach in the NAHL who is only 26 (although he is only interim HC), and another who is 29 (full-time).

                  I completely forgot about degrees though. But you'd think the UVM job would have decent demand. People love hockey here. Plus the fact that new facilities seem to actually be going somewhere.
                  https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

                  Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

                  /r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

                  Comment


                  • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                    59/60 in pairwise. Wow.

                    Comment


                    • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                      Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                      59/60 in pairwise. Wow.
                      So disheartening....not a huge hoops fan, but anything is better than watching the team you love just be taken for granted. Just throw lines out on the ice and hope. It starts on the development ice....

                      #FireSneddon

                      Comment


                      • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                        Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                        59/60 in pairwise. Wow.
                        And last place Alaska-Anchorage at least has the excuse of "we weren't sure our program would even still exist."

                        If there's a rock bottom, we're either close to it or have hit it.
                        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

                        Frozen Four: '96, '09
                        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

                        /r/collegehockey moderator
                        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

                        Comment


                        • Sneddon likes to tinker too much. New set of forwards playing with Colton last night, what's up with that? I see trying to play some new bodies in the last non-league game, but the choice of who he sat is baffling. They should have built on last year's decent season, but instead have regressed terribly. I watch them play and most of the kids look like they have some talent, but it doesn't translate into wins. His grinder mentality with the forwards really thwarts their creativity.

                          Comment


                          • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                            guy is coaching the worst team in college hockey it seems right now and his new year resolution is for the guys to 'have more fun" ??? unbelievable! http://www.mynbc5.com/article/uvm-at...tions/14525034

                            How about win some **** games and if that doesnt work you can work on getting in shape when you hopefully have more free time come march!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                              guy is coaching the worst team in college hockey it seems right now and his new year resolution is for the guys to 'have more fun" ??? unbelievable! http://www.mynbc5.com/article/uvm-at...tions/14525034

                              How about win some **** games and if that doesnt work you can work on getting in shape when you hopefully have more free time come march!
                              I say we all support Sneddon’s effort to shape up...as long as he SHIPS OUT!

                              Comment


                              • Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

                                What is Leclair doing these days? Not that he has any coaching experience...

                                It's getting really hard justifying extending Sneddon's contract, even if it is get your stuff together by next year or else. I think the writing is on the wall and Sneddon's prepping to leave. I hope Schulman pulls the trigger soon and starts interviewing people. Whoever is coming in has a lot of work and could use some prep time to get this disaster straightened out.

                                Sorry Jeff, but it's time to cut ties with Sneddon and bring in someone new. It's like swapping out the goalie even though it's not necessarily his fault, sometimes you just need a change to shake things up. Both of the games should easily have been wins for this team on paper. Instead we got two embarrassing losses and someone taking our trophy home.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X