X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
    That was another embarrassing loss, but thank god we still have Sneddon!
    Locked him down until 2020. Good things ahead!! 😐

Leave a comment:

• Nosmo King
    replied
    Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

That was another embarrassing loss, but thank god we still have Sneddon!

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied

I'm going on another rant on the blog twitter.

One stat I pulled out: In UVM's 20 win seasons - a supposed marker of success - they've won 9 of a possible 33 games against teams that made the NCAA tournament that year.

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    This team keeps finding creative ways to lose
    Three shorties must be a D1 season record? I won’t name any players by name in a negative manner, but Vlad and Misley are better than at least 6 guys who dress constantly.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied

This team keeps finding creative ways to lose

Leave a comment:

• Play$Maker
    replied

3 times as many power plays, get scored on 3 of them. You can’t make this stuff up. You really have to wonder what the heck they work on in practice? Or do they not practice anymore - Sneddon to busy doing other things?

My gosh this is painful to sit through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• j24vt
    replied

UVM should decline power plays

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied

Anyone else watching this? Lol

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied
    Nah. I think it's because we got a point last night so he's like "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Basically, points = similar lineup, losses = Line Blender
    Wonder which one of the two will decide to leave first.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
    Are Vlad and Misley injured? Surely Sneddon wouldn’t healthy scratch both two nights in a row...
    Nah. I think it's because we got a point last night so he's like "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Basically, points = similar lineup, losses = Line Blender

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied

Are Vlad and Misley injured? Surely Sneddon wouldn’t healthy scratch both two nights in a row...

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied
    DeCenzo agreed with Shaw on Twitter, while Chris McCarthy disagreed, they had a pretty long discussion which I transcribed somewhere in here
    I read your post, and appreciated it. So far...67% disapprove, 33% approve 😬

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
    I wish more former players would weigh in. I’d genuinely like to know if Sneddon is liked and respected by his former players.
    DeCenzo agreed with Shaw on Twitter, while Chris McCarthy disagreed, they had a pretty long discussion which I transcribed somewhere in here

Leave a comment:

• VTALUM
    replied
    How can it be heat of the moment when Shaw waited until a day later to respond?
    I wish more former players would weigh in. I’d genuinely like to know if Sneddon is liked and respected by his former players.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Catamount
    replied

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    lets throw em a parade before tonights game! if they win they aren't in last place tonight!

also I listend to 1013 espn said they were going to talk about UVM hockey with Ted Ryan - no shock excuse city. blame it on the young defense,then get right into blaming it on the lack of locker room and strength stuff then go and say that players cant develop because they are older and maxed out potential but the ones at BC and BU are young and draft picks then use the SEC football thing and made a comparson ive heard here before hmmm but basically acting like Sneddon is Herb Brooks what hes doing with these teams - had to close the link and stop listening got so mad!

But why was it not discuss that Lowell average age of their roster is like 23 and yet they win 25 games a year recruiting from same league? they have a better facility ok but why are there 23 year olds developing and winning games or showing more maturity to win in college? Why are we then not talkin who Sneddon recruits and if his team makeup is not good?

IF NHL picks so coveted why did Sneddon bench one of his last night?
    Since these 20 win season mean so much in getting him extension why have the 20 win seasons not seen a place in the top 5 and why have they not been in the top 5 since 2008?
    You are what your record say you are and we saw those stats UVM has second worse win percentage since 2011 - Merrimack which most def does not have better facility than you is better!
    Why can Sneddon get a pass for all the inconsistency on the lines why can he get a pass for players leaving in big numbers every year?

I will say it again you win people come basketball team proven it doesnt matter if they different sports there are a bigger number of teams these kids are coming in on the basketball team from places in Midwest like the hoosier state where they have high shool gyms nicer than patrick and colleges there that play in 10k seaters but they come to this 3000 seat gym and why is that? WIN CULTURE! Even when Sneddon "wins" it so very clear he has a terrible culture in his program that it is a decieveful record and he cannot show any consistency in building a team at all. If your former players which of course Ryan bashed as being too in heat of the moment and dismiss concerns from those players and just said they are older so they wont develop - real nice but if they are saying there is a problem in culture THERE IS PROBLEM IN CULTURE!
    Why is it so much to ask that if you are having to rebuild as they like to say that you go from 8th place to 6th place to a real threat to be 4-5th and NCAA bid for two seasons in a row then not fall off a cliff back to 10th place? willing to take the down years if it means you miss NCAAs and 6-7th so long as it means you are going back up to compete against the big boys and getting to garden and they cannot even do that well
    Im sorry but end of day UVM chose to be hockey east to benefit from it and move the team into the national big time and if they are not wanting to care about it at all what was the point and why should we

FIRE SNEDDON
    EMTPY THE GUTT
    I heard some of it too, and I think if you were expecting hot takes you weren't going to find them because like I said before, most don't want to rock the boat. To me, Ryan's point on development isn't wrong per se, but it doesn't excuse the losing or player development. It actually kind of shows that Sneddon and his assistants can't evaluate properly, no? If they see these older players at 21, and are bringing them in and they have already maxed out their ability levels, they should be able to evaluate whether there is room for the player to grow once he suits up for the Cats. Or, if they are older and their ceilings are lower, they should be maximizing their critical development time, or using what would be their "peak" years to their advantage. Put them in the best position to succeed. We don't see that often with this team. The Lowell example is a good one, as they seem to trend for older players and have found a winning formula. Maybe they are getting the "better" ones, but statistically, Lowell's top guys produce for 4 years, or at least more as they use their eligibility. You're either a good recruiter who can bring in talent no matter where you are/do so in the face of "challenges", or you're a good developer who can take guys who might get passed over/are older and turn them into something. I honestly can't say I know if Sneddon is either one of those things.

To me, it's the record in league play which as the numbers show hasn't been good, and that the teams that have made changes to their staffs have all surpassed UVM in quality, while there was a hard crash into the bottom for UVM, and it's stayed there. Nobody is asking you to be BC - at least I'm not, but is it too much to ask you to be Lowell? Northeastern? Maine this year? I really don't think it's out of the realm to expect a NCAA bid every 1-2 seasons or more trips to the HEA semis, as you said. If I felt that was the direction they're going in, I'd feel better about it all. I don't see it tough, and that's why it's very difficult to be on board with the current leadership of the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X