Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Frozen Four Ticket purchase thread

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    I'm sure those promoting the change would argue that it's a 4 day weekend either way, so there's no difference. But for me, getting away for Thursday/Friday is usually doable, while it's a lot harder to be away for a Monday/Tuesday combination. I'm guessing I'm not alone.
    I've got to ask, why?

Obviously, it's a personal situation for everybody and the type of job they have. For me, it wouldn't matter which days I need to take off. I think the only difference would be the off day on Friday vs. Sunday, and whether one day is better than the other in finding touristy things to do in the city that is hosting it.

(Note that it matches the Final Four schedule.)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      I've got to ask, why?

Obviously, it's a personal situation for everybody and the type of job they have. For me, it wouldn't matter which days I need to take off. I think the only difference would be the off day on Friday vs. Sunday, and whether one day is better than the other in finding touristy things to do in the city that is hosting it.

(Note that it matches the Final Four schedule.)
      And allow the NCAA basketball women to go on the same weekend with a Friday/Sunday schedule.

I was also I intrigued by the comment about the evaluation of ESPN talent. Could it be that Melrose is on the way out?
      Last edited by joecct; 10-27-2017, 08:16 AM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I was also I intrigued by the comment about the evaluation of ESPN talent. Could it be that Melrose is on the way out?
        It could be there really unhappy with something/someone or they are just making some suggested general improvement opportunities.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I'll start off by saying PGB is the man every year when it comes to FF ticket info.

On to my experience today. The site was down for maintenance when the window opened up. That was rough. After hammering refresh for about ten minutes I got in. I was VERY surprised to see club priced below lower level. In my opinion, club level rail are the best seats in the X. When I bought my first FF tickets in 2011, I was in the upper level end by the Michigan band. (Side note, that **** song over and over and wooping on the PP is brutal.) Now only a priority 5, I fully expected to be in the upper level in 2018.

I was able to get club level rail tickets. Frankly, I'm a little concerned about the interest and demand for college hockey overall. When people say the Big Ten ruined college hockey, I think it definitely had a short term impact on the state of the game. Many other factors are hitting it hard, though, too.

Comment

I didn't get a confirmation email, though... Anyone else have that issue?

Comment

For me, it's easier to take days at the end of the week. Many places I have worked had half days on Fridays for production workers, making it easier to take off as indirect worker as well. My husband works in an industry where calls accumulate over the weekend, making Monday's work load far greater than the end of the week.

As a fan that typically attends, I think a Friday to spend in the city is usually more appealing than a Sunday. Better night life on a Friday, and also some museums and touristy things close earlier on Sundays.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                No email confirmation at my end .

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                  No email confirmation at my end .
                  My card was charged, but when I sign back in the tickets are still in my cart.

Comment

I didn't get an email confirmation when I ordered a couple weeks ago:

here was the reply I got:

Our ticketing provider is experiencing some server issues, so not all confirmation emails are going through successfully. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

I have attached a copy of your paid invoice for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinns View Post
                      I didn't get an email confirmation when I ordered a couple weeks ago:

here was the reply I got:

Our ticketing provider is experiencing some server issues, so not all confirmation emails are going through successfully. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

I have attached a copy of your paid invoice for reference.
                      Everybody in our group suffered this same issue.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        As a fan that typically attends, I think a Friday to spend in the city is usually more appealing than a Sunday. Better night life on a Friday, and also some museums and touristy things close earlier on Sundays.
                        I'm starting to lean towards that conclusion as well for the exact reasons you state. Plus, attractions on Friday won't be as crowded as on a Sunday.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I have the same issue. My card was charged and the seats no longer show as available, so I think I am good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I've got to ask, why?

Obviously, it's a personal situation for everybody and the type of job they have. For me, it wouldn't matter which days I need to take off. I think the only difference would be the off day on Friday vs. Sunday, and whether one day is better than the other in finding touristy things to do in the city that is hosting it...
                            Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            For me, it's easier to take days at the end of the week. Many places I have worked had half days on Fridays for production workers, making it easier to take off as indirect worker as well. My husband works in an industry where calls accumulate over the weekend, making Monday's work load far greater than the end of the week.

wT's answer is basically my answer. Like her experience, getting away on Fridays is fairly doable. Like her husband's experience, the weekend's accumulation often makes Monday the busiest day of the week.

Another thing is the return trip. When the return trip is on Sunday, I usually can sleep in a bit before check-out. Next comes a mid-day flight or car departure, arriving home in time for dinner. Normal bed time. Rested & ready for the new week. In contrast, if Tuesday were the travel day, I'll likely feel compelled do an early bird departure, and put in a productive half day on Tuesday afternoon. And, as a result, get home from vacation needing a vacation.

Tougher to quantify, but nevertheless important: For me, high school & college competitions should culminate with a Saturday championship. Just feels right. In contrast, Monday championship games often seem a little anti-climatic; a little contrived.

Truth be told, I'd probably find a way to adapt, rather than dropping out. But I am very much opposed to the possible switch.

Comment

I'll start off by saying PGB is the man every year when it comes to FF ticket info.
                              Too generous, especially this year. But thanks.

I was able to get club level rail tickets.

Comment

The Window for Priority 3 opens tomorrow -- meaning Monday, October 30th -- at 10:00AM Eastern/9:00AM Central.

There are STILL seats available in the Lower Bowl, on the sides. Mostly in the top third of the relevant sections. But those are very good seats. If you have a preference for a specific height, check Sections 102, 105, 115 & 118. If you're looking for either a middle or a high row, that's still very doable.

For those interested in Club Seats in the Corners, I recommend Sections C19, C33 & C39. Rail seats are currently available in all three of those sections.
                                Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-29-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X