• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Here's a read you might enjoy.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Michigans.php

Comment

mighty michigan steals another Tech recruit....why do you need our guys...
      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-01-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        mighty michigan steals another Tech recruit....why do you need our guys...
        It's Mel's fault. He loves Tech, remember? Its for your own good.

Comment

I may have found a team with a worse PK than us.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            It's Mel's fault. He loves Tech, remember? Its for your own good.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              I may have found a team with a worse PK than us.
              Yea, what was that? I was there and still don't believe it. 4 power play goals? Did we somehow morph back into the late-90's?
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'm at a loss, who do I cheer for in the sparty/ohio state series? I hate both schools. If o$u wins Michigan goes to ohio state next weekend, but if sparty wins the winner of minnesota/Penn State comes to Ann Arbor. But I hate sparty more than ohio state, and sparty sucks. Realistically I'm resigning myself to watching Michigan play at ohio state (assuming Michigan knocks out Wisconsin).

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  I'm at a loss, who do I cheer for in the sparty/ohio state series? I hate both schools. If o$u wins Michigan goes to ohio state next weekend, but if sparty wins the winner of minnesota/Penn State comes to Ann Arbor. But I hate sparty more than ohio state, and sparty sucks. Realistically I'm resigning myself to watching Michigan play at ohio state (assuming Michigan knocks out Wisconsin).
                  That's easy- Sparty- we want to host next weekend, even if it's just one game.

As for the scoring- it's interesting to see two PK's that are that bad. The winner tonight will be the one with the least penalties.

Team came out tentative- as if it was carry over from last week with ASU AND carry over from last year's let down against PSU from the regular season to the B1G tournament. Odd, as they should be able to play better against Wisconsin. One observation- they still need to know they can win and not be so nervous about it.

Thankfully- Haden played pretty well after those 3 goals. And between Hughes and Calderone- those two carried the team to get confident. We even could have scored another even strength or two at the end- so guys who were scoring early need to get their hands back. Slaker and Norris could have buried the game- but without Lockwood, well...

Saw a replay of Warren's hit. The penalty seemed a lot harsh. What I saw was head hitting shoulder.

Comment

So, we meet again Bwahaha!
                    Seriously it should be quite the game. Since we play at Nationwide we won't have the familiarity of home ice so no advantage there over you guys.
                    There's a lot of incentive for both teams but I think we played conservatively tonight letting it go to OT although our shots on goal were over double than Sparty had.
                    So who's coming down next Saturday?

Comment

We move on, and most important, sealed our spot in the tournament. In theory, that relieves some pressure from the team going into the next two weeks. But talking to a few players after the game, they are still focused on winning 6 more. Wisconsin is a tough team, so it was nice to get past them- a team style that is very different than last week and next week.

Can we be optimistic about OSU since MSU has shown some cracks in their play, and we are getting better every week? I think so.

In terms of who NEEDS to win next week- that would be PSU, as they are 11, and close to being in for sure. One win against ND, and the B1G has 4 teams in for sure (no idea about MN). For us, we want PSU to win so that we have a chance to host one more game at Yost in two weeks.

Interesting how the two games were so different- from one game where so many PP goals were scored to one where none were scored (and both PP's really struggled at times).

Anyway, good weekend to move on in more than one way.

Comment

BTW, the number of reviews??? Can't the refs make a call live without mistakes? Geez.

The super long one- the hit.... That was Sam Piazza hitting a Wiso player- Sam said it was totally accidental- but he did raise his arms to protect himself. But the key to the review turned out to be that it was not caught on camera. So the time in the box was all about them trying to find a view of the play. So long that the teams had to get on the ice to keep loose....

Comment

As for the scoring- it's interesting to see two PK's that are that bad. The winner tonight will be the one with the least penalties.

Team came out tentative- as if it was carry over from last week with ASU AND carry over from last year's let down against PSU from the regular season to the B1G tournament. Odd, as they should be able to play better against Wisconsin. One observation- they still need to know they can win and not be so nervous about it.

Thankfully- Haden played pretty well after those 3 goals. And between Hughes and Calderone- those two carried the team to get confident. We even could have scored another even strength or two at the end- so guys who were scoring early need to get their hands back. Slaker and Norris could have buried the game- but without Lockwood, well...

Saw a replay of Warren's hit. The penalty seemed a lot harsh. What I saw was head hitting shoulder.
                          You can thank Granatno for that. You know, the Tom Izzo of hockey...

Comment

BTW, the number of reviews??? Can't the refs make a call live without mistakes? Geez.

The super long one- the hit.... That was Sam Piazza hitting a Wiso player- Sam said it was totally accidental- but he did raise his arms to protect himself. But the key to the review turned out to be that it was not caught on camera. So the time in the box was all about them trying to find a view of the play. So long that the teams had to get on the ice to keep loose....
                            That was unreal. It frustrated me so much that during one of the intermissions when they had the musical hockey sticks thing on center ice I yelled for a review because the guy was offsides. Did anyone hear that? Yes, that was me. That game I was sitting in the south endzone.

Comment

But rooting for sparty is like....kissing your Lil Brother. I can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                But rooting for sparty is like....kissing your Lil Brother. I can't do it.
                                It figures you guys would reference kissing your brother instead of your sister!

Comment

Working...
                                X