University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Why should Mel give you guys credit? He’s far more upset how the team sucked than you playing better than us.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Why should Mel give you guys credit? He’s far more upset how the team sucked than you playing better than us.
      I could careless if he gives Ohio State credit or not I'll take the 2 wins and move on.

Comment

I had hopes for this team and Mel's first year back.
        After this weekend, I'm resigned to a team that looks like they'll finish in the bottom half of the conference and nowhere in the national rankings.
        I'll continue to cheer, support and hope they prove me wrong.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          All a dream huh lol. Mel was pretty harsh on the team during his interview with the radio guys last night. Basically said they only played 1 period all weekend and they will work this week because they decided not to work against Ohio State. He did give Ohio State credit.
          Ohhhh boy. I’ve been to those kinds of practices. Those boys are going to LOVE what happens next.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            I had hopes for this team and Mel's first year back.
            After this weekend, I'm resigned to a team that looks like they'll finish in the bottom half of the conference and nowhere in the national rankings.
            I'll continue to cheer, support and hope they prove me wrong.
            I'm going to still hope we will improve. They have shown some great play at times, and can do a lot better.

Comment

We play jailbait this weekend. Who is going to the game in Plymouth?
              I drive by the rink on my way to work each day....and yet, I feel like it is too far to drive for me to want to go.

We haven't decided yet if we're going. I don't think the atmosphere can compare to a game at Yost.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Who is going to the game in Plymouth?
                I will be there. I will be working, though...

I don't think the atmosphere can compare to a game at Yost.
                I would say you are correct. From what it looks like, they draw more now than they did when they operated out of the Cube, but still don't have a huge following. They do have draft beer for sale around the concourse, though...
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Who would have thought that we have the lowest amount of wins compared to every team in the Big Ten? Wow this is sad, even sparty has one more win than us...
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Hey...

...we didn't lose last night!

At this point I'll settle for anything.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Hockey tonight vs. Sparty. Anyone with insight as to why this is a Thursday/Friday series?
                      Please let us at least win at home, but preferably sweep.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Hockey tonight vs. Sparty. Anyone with insight as to why this is a Thursday/Friday series?
                        Please let us at least win at home, but preferably sweep.
                        Can we get Jim and Mark to lace 'em up and go at it?
                        I would pay B-I-G money to see that!
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Basketball game vs. Southern Utah was a higher priority for Sparty on Saturday night.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Nice win, and great hat trick for Tony, and great shutout for Hayden!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Basketball game vs. Southern Utah was a higher priority for Sparty on Saturday night.
                              Are you saying they do not have enough parking in the area to have both events at the same time?
                              It can't be any worse than when there is a basketball game at Crisler at the same time there is a hockey game in Yost.
                              We have to deal with that a couple of times every season.

That said, even if that was the reason I'm pretty sure they could have just flipped venues, Friday in EL, Saturday in A2.
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Nice win, and great hat trick for Tony, and great shutout for Hayden!
                                Lavigne actually looked respectable. There were 3 or 4 nice saves along with the routine ones.
                                So will Mel put him back in net tonight or continue to alternate with Lafontaine?
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X