Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    It figures you guys would reference kissing your brother instead of your sister!
    You're showing the inferior intelligence that suckeyes have. sparty IS our Lil Brother. I also typed a "..." before "kissing your Lil Brother".
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

    Comment


    • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

      Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      You're showing the inferior intelligence that suckeyes have. sparty IS our Lil Brother. I also typed a "..." before "kissing your Lil Brother".
      Well if Wolverines have superior intelligence wouldn't that mean you can take a little friendly ribbing? My family comes from Michigan so I know more than likely you refer to a Spartan as U of M's little brother might land you in a fight.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-05-2018, 06:53 AM.

      Comment


      • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

        Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Well if Wolverines have superior intelligence wouldn't that mean you can take a little friendly ribbing? My family comes from Michigan so I know more than likely you refer to a Spartan as U of M's little brother might land you in a fight.
        But my one uncle that is a Spartan is the little brother of the family. Also, I don't mind cheering for Sparty hockey when they aren't playing us. With the hope of hosting I was more than happy to cheer on State.

        Starting to make plans for a trip to columbus Saturday. yuck ohio, but yeah hockey. With all the regionals so far away, this may have to suffice as my playoff hockey trip.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
        Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

        Comment


        • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

          Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Starting to make plans for a trip to columbus Saturday. yuck ohio, but yeah hockey. With all the regionals so far away, this may have to suffice as my playoff hockey trip.
          I personally think it's great you can make it down to support your team regardless of your opinion of Ohio. So tell you what, to show our hockey fans here can be good hosts to you guys from that state up north I'm more than willing to buy you what is a very overpriced beer at the game! Well?

          Comment


          • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

            Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            friendly ribbing?
            NOTHING about sparty is friendly. I personally hate sparty more than ohio so there ya go....

            My calling sparty "Lil Brother" is the nicest way I'd ever refer to them.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

            Comment


            • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

              Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I personally think it's great you can make it down to support your team regardless of your opinion of Ohio. So tell you what, to show our hockey fans here can be good hosts to you guys from that state up north I'm more than willing to buy you what is a very overpriced beer at the game! Well?
              If the results of the game are anything like the other 4 times our teams have played this season, I'm going to need that beer.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
              Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

              Comment


              • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                If the results of the game are anything like the other 4 times our teams have played this season, I'm going to need that beer.
                I'm serious, you are welcome to it if you want.
                I also wanted to throw out there to who may be coming down Michigan will be on the Jackets home team bench so buy your tickets for where you want to be in relation to their bench.
                The reason for this is the Jackets don't let anyone use their locker room so Ohio State takes the visitors bench with that locker room being the largest available. Michigan has to walk to the back of the arena to one of the small dressing rooms.
                But I would assume that there will be so many empty seats moving around won't be a issue.

                Comment


                • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                  Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I'm serious, you are welcome to it if you want.
                  I also wanted to throw out there to who may be coming down Michigan will be on the Jackets home team bench so buy your tickets for where you want to be in relation to their bench.
                  The reason for this is the Jackets don't let anyone use their locker room so Ohio State takes the visitors bench with that locker room being the largest available. Michigan has to walk to the back of the arena to one of the small dressing rooms.
                  But I would assume that there will be so many empty seats moving around won't be a issue.
                  Important question: If I'm looking at a Nationwide seating chart and it shows an end as "shoots twice" does this mean that will be the end Michigan will shoot at twice, since they'll be on the home bench? That's how I usually choose where to sit. Although it sounds like a sizable number of Michigan students are going to make the journey down to Columbus, so I may just select seats near them.

                  Thanks for all the info.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
                  Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

                  Comment


                  • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Important question: If I'm looking at a Nationwide seating chart and it shows an end as "shoots twice" does this mean that will be the end Michigan will shoot at twice, since they'll be on the home bench? That's how I usually choose where to sit. Although it sounds like a sizable number of Michigan students are going to make the journey down to Columbus, so I may just select seats near them.

                    Thanks for all the info.
                    You are correct! The end the seating chart shows for shooting twice will indeed be the end Michigan shoots twice on as they'll be on the home bench.
                    I don't know if you were here the last time Michigan played us in that arena but Michigan was on the home bench then too. I like being on the shoots twice end for my team as well and that's where my season seats are in our regular barn.
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-06-2018, 05:12 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                      One more bit of friendly advise and I've mentioned this in the past and that's our state troopers in Ohio will give anybody a ticket at the drop of a hat so I can only imagine how much more a Michigan license plate would motivate them so watch the speed. When you come down Rt. 23 the speed limits start to change in Delaware County from 65 to 55 to 45 to 55 and back to 45. Watch out for those changes!
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2018, 11:05 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                        Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        One more bit of friendly advise and I've mentioned this in the past and that's our state troopers in Ohio will give anybody a ticket at the drop of a hat so I can only imagine how much more a Michigan license plate would motivate them so watch the speed. When you come down Rt. 23 the speed limits start to change in Delaware County from 65 to 55 to 45 to 55 and back to 45. Watch out for those changes!
                        Thanks. We are totally aware, so much so that whenever I drive down I rent a car in Toledo that way I have an ohio plate. And we also know that there is no grace on the speed limit down there. In Michigan you get 5 to 10 mph above the speed limit. ohio cops see you going 1 mph over and their lights start flashing.
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                        Comment


                        • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                          Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          Thanks. We are totally aware, so much so that whenever I drive down I rent a car in Toledo that way I have an ohio plate. And we also know that there is no grace on the speed limit down there. In Michigan you get 5 to 10 mph above the speed limit. ohio cops see you going 1 mph over and their lights start flashing.
                          When I cross the border into Michigan people most people want to do about 80 in the passing lane. Always get stuck behind those dam* slow Buckeyes who don't know how you're supposed to drive in Michigan!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2018, 09:23 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                            Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            When I cross the border into Michigan people most people want to do about 80 in the passing lane. Always get stuck behind those dam* slow Buckeyes who don't know how you're supposed to drive in Michigan!
                            mi
                            I have to ask, are you a closet Michigan fan? You have been very positive about Michigan, and have been giving some excellent advice to us "scummers". Don;t get me wrong, i respect it, and i would hope most of us on here would do the same for you and your fellow Buckeye fans
                            Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

                            Comment


                            • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                              Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                              mi
                              I have to ask, are you a closet Michigan fan? You have been very positive about Michigan, and have been giving some excellent advice to us "scummers". Don;t get me wrong, i respect it, and i would hope most of us on here would do the same for you and your fellow Buckeye fans
                              Dad is from Michigan, Mom's from Ohio so half my family is in Michigan. My daughter almost played at Michigan in her sport and my grandmother was U of M Class of 1918! I attended Ohio State and live in Columbus but spend much time in Michigan. My wife is a born & raised Wolverine so it gets a little tense at home during football season! LOL!
                              I try and show the courtesy to other fans that I would hope to receive and not like the drunken as*holes you'd encounter at the football games. I will throw an occasional "friendly" jab out there but some people are thin skinned when you do!
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2018, 10:09 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                                Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Thanks. We are totally aware, so much so that whenever I drive down I rent a car in Toledo that way I have an ohio plate.
                                An interesting strategy but probably isn't needed, our troopers don't really discriminate - they're jerks to EVERYBODY!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X