Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Game is at 8 tonight because of it is on the BTN. Blame them, TV ruins everything.
    Guess I'm a Michigan fan for the weekend. Pop the whiteheads of Penn State!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      That was before the invention of the fluorescent light bulb right?
      Back when hanging 10 goals meant an actual pizza.

      Comment


      • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

        Awesome win. I just got to watch the end of the game, but it was 3 goals.

        And a shut out as a bonus!!

        Comment


        • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

          I've seen better passing & puck handling from Michigan but can't argue with the score. Congrats Michigan on the win and the shutout.

          Comment


          • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

            Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Back when hanging 10 goals meant an actual pizza.
            If I would have went to undergrad at UM instead of Grad School that would have been me too. Wait a sec., I might have been a couple years before that. Dang I'm old...
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

            Comment


            • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

              Quite the weekend for Lavigne and the Maize and Blue. Tonight they hung on for dear life. Penn State probably should have had 4 or 5 goals, they hit a few posts, had some grade A chances, but could not put the puck in the net, til late.

              I kept saying all night, if/when Penn State scores, look out. And it was crazy in the last 2 minutes. 2 goals, one more good chance, and almost a tie game.

              A really good weekend, and it was really nice to see a Michigan goalie and sorta steal one. (although the 3rd period reminded me a lot of the team i called out earlier this year for being boring, ND).
              Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

              Comment


              • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                Quite the weekend for Lavigne and the Maize and Blue. Tonight they hung on for dear life. Penn State probably should have had 4 or 5 goals, they hit a few posts, had some grade A chances, but could not put the puck in the net, til late.

                I kept saying all night, if/when Penn State scores, look out. And it was crazy in the last 2 minutes. 2 goals, one more good chance, and almost a tie game.

                A really good weekend, and it was really nice to see a Michigan goalie and sorta steal one. (although the 3rd period reminded me a lot of the team i called out earlier this year for being boring, ND).
                Yea, it got a little scary at the end there. The energy at Yost tonight was also impressive. Still nowhere near late 90's-early 2000's but we're getting there.

                When are they going to extend the netting? When was the last time the team got to sing a song in back-to-back weekends in league play?
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                Comment


                • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                  Wish I could have watched the Saturday game as well, Could only watch Sparty choke in the last minutes again against the Gophers.
                  Conrats on the sweep and am really looking forward to the Maize & Blue coming down here next weekend.
                  For all those of you attending safe travels to all.

                  Comment


                  • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                    Is there any TV/streaming for this weekends games in ohio?
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                    Comment


                    • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                      Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Is there any TV/streaming for this weekends games in ohio?
                      It's on BTN Plus on BTN2GO.
                      I don't know why OSU doesn't post online coverage until at least midweek prior to the games. They know full well before now they're doing it.
                      I'm curious now, does any B1G school not stream all their conference home games that aren't being broadcast?
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-24-2018, 06:57 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                        Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        It's on BTN Plus on BTN2GO.
                        I don't know why OSU doesn't post online coverage until at least midweek prior to the games. They know full well before now they're doing it.
                        I'm curious now, does any B1G school not stream all their conference home games that aren't being broadcast?
                        Not to my knowledge. There hasn't been a conference game I've been unable to watch (via tv or streaming).
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
                        Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

                        Comment


                        • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                          It's being reported over on the Rivals Yost Post that Will Lockwood is out for the rest of the season thanks to the injury suffered at World Jrs.

                          Comment


                          • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                            Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            It's on BTN Plus on BTN2GO.
                            I don't know why OSU doesn't post online coverage until at least midweek prior to the games. They know full well before now they're doing it.
                            I'm curious now, does any B1G school not stream all their conference home games that aren't being broadcast?
                            Thank you, looks like it's time to renew my subscription. They space broadcasts out 2 months that way we have to renew them. Jerks...
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                            Comment


                            • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                              Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              It's being reported over on the Rivals Yost Post that Will Lockwood is out for the rest of the season thanks to the injury suffered at World Jrs.
                              A friend saw him in street clothes on Friday night watching the game. We knew something was up.
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                              Comment


                              • Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

                                I was looking at tickets online for this weekends games and saw people trying to do lower bowl resale for over $50.00 which is ridiculous.
                                Let me offer this advise, seats are $15.00 at the door and there are always plenty. If you want to move to better seats, a while after the game starts just move into the open seats you like. The ushers won't stop you and if the seats owners eventually show up you just move.
                                That's how we do it here.
                                Also we don't charge for hockey parking!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X