Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U of Illinois AD & NHL joint press conference

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Tell that to the Northeast Ten schools that are D-II but elect to play D-III schedules anyway.

There’s literally an entire autobid sized conference of D-II teams just farting around in D-III for reasons I don’t fully understand. Maybe if Bentley and AIC show them it’s possible to play up here and not do too badly at it, they’ll change their tune? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    RIT made it from D3 to Frozen Four in a relative short period of time and has since made 3 NCAA tournament appearances with another victory over Minnesota State without scholarships. Do they need more than that?

They could start out as a cost-containment conference and limit scholarships on their own.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      The NCAA tournament for women is a combined D1 and D2 National Collegiate Championship.

The men are D1 only. D2's can get in, but it takes a declaration by the D2 that they want to play in the shark pool.
      Given the lack of a D-II championship, I’m curious if that’s much of a hurdle. But I also don’t know the NCAA bylaws, so maybe there would be fees or something beyond a bit of paperwork to deter them.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        RIT made it from D3 to Frozen Four in a relative short period of time and has since made 3 NCAA tournament appearances with another victory over Minnesota State without scholarships. Do they need more than that?

They could start out as a cost-containment conference and limit scholarships on their own.
        Can you limit it to a negative number? Those schools spend less on hockey than an average D3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Given the lack of a D-II championship, I’m curious if that’s much of a hurdle. But I also don’t know the NCAA bylaws, so maybe there would be fees or something beyond a bit of paperwork to deter them.
          IIRC all it takes is an "I declare for the D1 tournament" statement. If the entire NE-10 declares and they play 20 games against D2/D1 competition, they get an AQ.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            D2's can get in, but it takes a declaration by the D2 that they want to play in the shark pool.
            That and the fact that there aren't enough schools for there to be a D-II championship.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

IIRC all it takes is an "I declare for the D1 tournament" statement. If the entire NE-10 declares and they play 20 games against D2/D1 competition, they get an AQ.
              Heck, if they all did it, they wouldn’t even have to poach AIC and Bentley. But they could.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                How bad can it be? New York and Massachusetts (and to some degree Michigan and Minnesota, too) have been dealing with ridiculous state government and financial situations causing mass exodus for decades, but they've got a whole bunch of D-I hockey teams (although admittedly, only one -Cornell- of New York's could be considered even remotely a state school. SUNYs are all D-III). All the poor hockey fans of Illinois want is just one.
                Just to clarify the SUNY statement, the University at Buffalo is a SUNY school and D-1 in all sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by BG816 View Post
                  Just to clarify the SUNY statement, the University at Buffalo is a SUNY school and D-1 in all sports.
                  As are Bingo and Albany
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    As are Bingo and Albany
                    I think that Stony Brook is also D-I. That's all four of the SUNY university centers.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As are Bingo and Albany
                      You’re right. Although Stoney Brook and Albany are FCS in football, while Buffalo is FBS. Not sure Binghamton has football.

Comment

• Originally posted by BG816 View Post
                        You’re right. Although Stoney Brook and Albany are FCS in football, while Buffalo is FBS. Not sure Binghamton has football.
                        We spoke for years about the Big Ten Hockey Conference before we got it. Maybe what we should clamor for next is the America East Hockey Conference?

Comment

We spoke for years about the Big Ten Hockey Conference before we got it. Maybe what we should clamor for next is the America East Hockey Conference?
                          As long as it's not Buffalo and MAC, go ahead.

Comment

Hey now.

The feared MACHC will poach WMU, Miami and BGSU once we finally Bufffalo, NIU and… uh… Ohio?

Anyways it’ll happen when there’s a college hockey video game and Freddy Meyer stops hacking and PROVICED gets kicked out of HOCKEY RAST and something something nachos.

Comment

Hey now.

The feared MACHC will poach WMU, Miami and BGSU once we finally Bufffalo, NIU and… uh… Ohio?

Anyways it’ll happen when there’s a college hockey video game and Freddy Meyer stops hacking and PROVICED gets kicked out of HOCKEY RAST and something something nachos.
                              Every series would be Tuesday at 10AM followed by Thursday at 11PM aired live on the Ocho.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                                Every series would be Tuesday at 10AM followed by Thursday at 11PM aired live on the Ocho.
                                If Oakland moves forward with a program they would be a fine fit for Tuesday morning MACtion.

Comment

Working...
                                X