X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Re: I guess it's time for another Michigan State thread

I'm a bit surprised nobody took a late-draft flyer on Khodorenko.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Legacy commit & forward Skyler Brind'Amour was the 6th-round pick of Edmonton today (#177).
    Oh that's neat. Incoming D Tommy Miller is supposed to be taken at some point.

I hope we can get to a point where we start bringing in a couple draft picks every year. The NHL talent has shrunk to nearly non-existent compared to a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Legacy commit & forward Skyler Brind'Amour was the 6th-round pick of Edmonton today (#177).
    Oh that's neat. Incoming D Tommy Miller is supposed to be taken at some point.

I hope we can get to a point where we start bringing in a couple draft picks every year. The NHL talent has shrunk to nearly non-existent compared to a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Last edited by owslachief; 06-24-2017, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I feel it's a no-brainer on their end. Not sure how the B1G would feel.

Also, we sure are taking our sweet time releasing the full schedule.
    Assuming a two game set against a single team, our final possible opponents are:

AHC: Army, Canisius, Niagara
    ECAC: Colgate
    HE: Merrimack
    NCHC: Western

I'd like Army, Merrimack or Canisius because I don't think I've ever seen us play them. But if I was a betting man I'd say a home and home with WMU.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    New recruit for 2018 Dennis Cesana an offensive D-man.....flipping from Army.
    Well that's a first

Holy Smokes that's some offensive upside! http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...-in-good-place

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied

New recruit for 2018 Dennis Cesana an offensive D-man.....flipping from Army.

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied

I think Illinois may be the 8th team.... I am not a huge fan of having a team in the conference that is all the way across the country.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Chris Heisenberg's spreadsheet now has Ty Farmer as a 2018. I'm thinking this means either that Bederka is coming, or MSU will have a walk-on or club player "call-up" to make 9 d-men ... at least if past practices are continued.

Other 2017's:
    Brody Stevens is a definite, and someone mentioned that Jake Smith is a definite.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Do you think there's a better case for them joining B1G now that Notre Dame is part of it? Adding ASU would make a nice round number of 8 teams. When all this talk started, I don't think the Notre Dame to B1G move was announced.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    With ASU no longer interested in WCHA membership, I wonder if they would come our way and vie to make B1G an even 8 schools.
    I feel it's a no-brainer on their end. Not sure how the B1G would feel.

Also, we sure are taking our sweet time releasing the full schedule.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

With ASU no longer interested in WCHA membership, I wonder if they would come our way and vie to make B1G an even 8 schools.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
    Yesterday marked one year since the passing of Spartan legend Ron Mason. Still hard to believe.
    In happier former coach news, NMU has named their ice sheet after Coach Comley. That's pretty neat.
    http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/sports/NMU-names-hockey-rink-for-Rick-Comley-428467213.html

I think it is only a matter of time before MSU does the same thing with Coach Mason

Leave a comment:

• bcmsu9196
    replied

Yesterday marked one year since the passing of Spartan legend Ron Mason. Still hard to believe.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Hope it works out. I fear that well is bone dry after nearly a decade long drought of any success. Cole is going to have to get some wins first.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 06-09-2017, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X