• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owslachief
    replied
    Re: I guess it's time for another Michigan State thread

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    For #2, the rumored date is Jan 1-2, though I believe there's also an open spot in LCA's schedule for the 27th and 28th. If that happens, BGSU and WMU will have to move their single game to a different date.
    As to #1, based on the Sep. 5 press conference, the decision could come this week. He talked about a leadership committee of players that includes a freshman (Apap), 2 sophomores (Saliba and Hirose), 2 juniors (Sanford and ??) and a senior (Gatt). They're involved in the decision.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Last Hockey-less week of the offseason. G&W game next week and the toronto exibition on the weekend. Hope the guys worked hard. Last chance for some good squats.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
    The GLI looks to be on January 1 & 2. Everything I have heard are those dates. Those are the dates listed on the BGSU fall sports pocket schedule.
    January 1 & 2 are 100% correct. There is a yet to be announced WWE event coming in the December dates that are currently seen as open.

Leave a comment:

• Hockey John
    replied

The GLI looks to be on January 1 & 2. Everything I have heard are those dates. Those are the dates listed on the BGSU fall sports pocket schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Well, it would seem, that it would be listed somewhere, with a Date TBD. Just my thought. Kind of difficult to plan and get tickets....... Running out of time.
    Oh I agree, there's no reason it shouldn't be announced already. The big hold up seemed to be the Pistons schedule but that came out in early August. Don't know how we may actually start the season and not have date set.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

For #2, the rumored date is Jan 1-2, though I believe there's also an open spot in LCA's schedule for the 27th and 28th. If that happens, BGSU and WMU will have to move their single game to a different date.
    Well, it would seem, that it would be listed somewhere, with a Date TBD. Just my thought. Kind of difficult to plan and get tickets....... Running out of time.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Two Things:
    1, Do we have a captain yet?
    2. Has GLI been cancelled? Nothing on the MSU schedule. Nothing on the LCA schedule. Nothing on the West Ypsilanti CC schedule.

Any ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

Two Things:
    1, Do we have a captain yet?
    2. Has GLI been cancelled? Nothing on the MSU schedule. Nothing on the LCA schedule. Nothing on the West Ypsilanti CC schedule.

Any ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Saw this in the Minnesota thread. Predictably, MSU is pegged as the last place team. Perhaps more interesting is that no MSU player is considered a "player to watch." While I believe guys like Osburn or Hirose could fit that category, it is fairly telling of the current opinion of MSU hockey. Every other school has at least 2 players on this list.
    Material for the Locker room.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

Originally posted by samboni View Post
    Very sad news about Jeff Parker. Thoughts are with his family.

Jeff was a big strong rugged winger who had a great Frozen Four in 1986, scoring a goal in both the semi-final win over Minnesota and the title game against Harvard. Parker was a true "north-south" winger who created a lot of time and space on the ice. The City Pages article is yet another in a long line of stories documenting the issue of concussions in sports. The NHL and NFL continue to hide from the medical facts and the long term damage caused to way too many athletes. Sadly once a player steps away from the game and the cheering stops, their medical issues continue and often times worsen.

While nobody forces an athlete to participate in a high contact sport like hockey (or football) the governing bodies at all levels have failed for too long to take more precautions to protect players. At the NCAA level, contact to the head is a penalty, however it is not enforced as strictly as it should. If the NCAA/NHL/NFL continue to give only casual concern for player safety, hockey and football could face very bleak futures.

R.I.P Jeff Parker
    I wonder if this could be a OSHA issue? Safety and Health in the work area.

Leave a comment:

• spartyon58
    replied

Have they gotten rid of partial ticket plans? Less than a month until the season, three weeks until the exhibition, and the Toronto game is actually on sale now, yet still no announcement for Fri/Sat or pick 'em plans.
    Partial plans went on sale this week.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

MSU hockey alum, defenseman A.J. Sturges, is now behind the bench guiding West Virginia U's program. It's a nice arc of personal history for him, starting at a high level with US-NTDP, suffering a blow (literally) at the hands of an MSU football player after his freshman season, and working his way back to the ice over the next two seasons. In a really nice moment, he nearly bookmarked his MSU career with a goal in his final game against OSU. He excelled more in academics than on the stat sheet, but is taking his smarts and hockey knowledge to his head-coaching gig.

Congrats, A.J.!

http://www.thedaonline.com/sports/ar...768e19ff0.html
    Last edited by owslachief; 09-22-2017, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied

Add Kyle Haskins for 2019..left shooting forward from New England.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Saw this in the Minnesota thread. Predictably, MSU is pegged as the last place team. Perhaps more interesting is that no MSU player is considered a "player to watch." While I believe guys like Osburn or Hirose could fit that category, it is fairly telling of the current opinion of MSU hockey. Every other school has at least 2 players on this list.

Originally posted by SteveO
    Gophers picked to win their fifth Big Ten regular season title in a row and an NCAA record seventh regular season championship in a row.

2017-18 Big Ten Hockey Preseason Coaches' Poll

1. Minnesota

2. Notre Dame

3. Wisconsin

4. Penn State

5. Ohio State

6. Michigan

7. Michigan State

BIG TEN PLAYERS TO WATCH

Quinn Hughes, D, Michigan

Will Lockwood, F, Michigan

Josh Norris, F, Michigan

Ryan Lindgren, D, Minnesota

Casey Mittelstadt, F, Minnesota

Rem Pitlick, F, Minnesota

Tyler Sheehy, F, Minnesota

Jake Evans, F, Notre Dame

Jordan Gross, D, Notre Dame

Andrew Oglevie, F, Notre Dame

Mason Jobst, F, Ohio State

Matthew Weis, F, Ohio State

Peyton Jones, G, Penn State

Denis Smirnov, F, Penn State

Trent Frederic, F, Wisconsin

Kyle Hayton, G, Wisconsin

Cameron Hughes, F, Wisconsin
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 09-18-2017, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Have they gotten rid of partial ticket plans? Less than a month until the season, three weeks until the exhibition, and the Toronto game is actually on sale now, yet still no announcement for Fri/Sat or pick 'em plans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X