I guess it's time for another Michigan State thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Gianluca Esteves commited for this year...

http://www.astonrebels.com/rebels-fo...michigan-state
    Has to be the last one, right? Esteves, Keefer, Lewandowski, Stevens, Kamer, Smith for forwards? I am not sure we have that many spots. Maybe Apap, too?

Miller and maybe Bederka for D? I hope the class is finalized soon because I am interested to see how this shakes out.

Comment

Re: I guess it's time for another Michigan State thread

Also, it seems Cole is fishing in the NAHL pond for some older guys. I wonder what his angle is as I don't often associate the NAHL with impact talent as much as the USHL or the Canadian leagues.

Maybe he's reinforcing a very underclassmen heavy roster with more physically mature players. I don't think this is a bad idea. That's how PSU operated for a while.
      Last edited by Pirateasaur; 07-05-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        Maybe he's reinforcing a very underclassmen heavy roster with more physically mature players. I don't think this is a bad idea. That's how PSU operated for a while.
        That's usually the playbook for a rebuild. To some extent, you can neutralize high-caliber underclass talent with older underclassmen.

The NAHL isn't a terrible league, either. Lots of late-bloomers. Hopefully, this is another example.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Also, it seems Cole is fishing in the NAHL pond for some older guys. I wonder what his angle is as I don't often associate the NAHL with impact talent as much as the USHL or the Canadian leagues.

Good thing Asbestos didn't get that age rule passed through then.

Comment

Danton Cole was a co-host on the Drive with Jack radio show yesterday. A good two and a half hours of hockey talk. You can find the replay at the link below..

https://drivewithjack.com/spreaker-embed/

Comment

I did a double-take at the post-card we received in the mail ... it seems the hockey office - from the very top - is taking a more personal, familiar approach to communications with season ticket-holders. I sure appreciated it, because there had to be hours and hours of penmanship involved.

Come to think of it, I wonder just how many of us are left!
              Last edited by owslachief; 07-12-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                I did a double-take at the post-card we received in the mail ... it seems the hockey office - from the very top - is taking a more personal, familiar approach to communications with season ticket-holders. I sure appreciated it, because there had to be hours and hours of penmanship involved.

Now you're starting to get why Huntsville loves Danton.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post

That is a very nice touch. Wow.

It's feels great to have positive feelings for the direction of the program again. I nearly forgot about hockey season until the week of the first game last year but now I'm counting down the days.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                    Danton Cole was a co-host on the Drive with Jack radio show yesterday. A good two and a half hours of hockey talk. You can find the replay at the link below..

https://drivewithjack.com/spreaker-embed/
                    That was a good way to kill the morning at work.

I was hoping Ebling would have Cole get a little deeper in the weeds, though. I was hoping to hear him go into more detail about his vision for the future in the way of playing style and systems as well as how the current roster fits into his plans. Maybe too early to get those details.

Comment

I guess they needed to send Appleton one as well. He gone.

https://***********/MTAppleton?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

Appleton has signed with the Jets according to MSU hockey Twitter. I suppose that lowers our ceiling a touch next season.

Comment

Appleton has signed with the Jets according to MSU hockey Twitter. I suppose that lowers our ceiling a touch next season.
                          I wonder why he left? He was named captain and had a good chance to improve his stock if he had a good season under the new regime. I can't imagine the Jets are going to send him right to the NHL...

Comment

I wonder why he left? He was named captain and had a good chance to improve his stock if he had a good season under the new regime. I can't imagine the Jets are going to send him right to the NHL...
                            https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-s...on/c-290384190

Nevermind I would probably leave college for $758,000 a year...

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-s...on/c-290384190

Nevermind I would probably leave college for $758,000 a year...
                              Yeah, hard to fault him with that sweet deal. I personally thought he need to bake another year but the Jets believe differently. Good luck to him and thanks for the two years he gave.

Not really used to this anymore since we, you know, suck now.

Comment

Looks like we finally have our class all signed. No real surprises.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...071717aab.html

Pretty diverse group. Good blend of skill and size+ physicality and from several different leagues. We need this class to make an impact so let's hope they're ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X