UND off season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND off season thread

Last week, the WCHA Commish was floating the Super Tourney idea around again. I think the NCHC Should reject it. Thoughts?
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      Last week, the WCHA Commish was floating the Super Tourney idea around again. I think the NCHC Should reject it. Thoughts?
      Honestly, if I was running the NCHC I think I might explore it.

From a hockey fans perspective it could be spectacular. I love the orgy of hockey that is the four days of the Minnesota State High School tourney. College games would be even better. Semi's Thursday and Friday. Two championship games Saturday.

The problem is twofold, in my opinion. First, consolation games would have to be eliminated, which may actually be a positive. Second, how to divide up any income produced.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Honestly, if I was running the NCHC I think I might explore it.

From a hockey fans perspective it could be spectacular. I love the orgy of hockey that is the four days of the Minnesota State High School tourney. College games would be even better. Semi's Thursday and Friday. Two championship games Saturday.

The problem is twofold, in my opinion. First, consolation games would have to be eliminated, which may actually be a positive. Second, how to divide up any income produced.
        The ECAC and Hockey East did a "Hockey Fest" at the Boston Garden in the early 90s. I thought it was good, 1991 having 2 dynamite finals. But soon after the ECAC packed its bags for Lake Placid, Albany, Atlantic City, and Lake Placid again, while HEA has ruled the Garden since.

It seems like a nice idea, but if the 5pm final is the marquee event, an empty X for the 8pm final may be bad optics. Plus who will televise? THE NCHC has CBS sports, while the WCHA are nomads.

You could always move the 3rd place games to 3Mariucci.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Matt Greene has retired and will be a scout for the Kings. Nice career (two Stanley Cups) and nice transition to a new career.
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            Matt Greene has retired and will be a scout for the Kings. Nice career (two Stanley Cups) and nice transition to a new career.
            One of my top 5 favorite Sioux players. My kids got to meet him after a game when he was a sophomore. Made my kids day as he was super nice to them. Hell made my day too.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Despite the price of the UND/MN series it sold out in no time.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Best news to come out of the cities in awhile. Room is booked.
                http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-energy-center
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Sad news out of South Carolina with the passing of Cory Cadden...

http://www.dial-murrayfuneralhome.co...s-corey-cadden
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Anybody have any idea what sections the goalie for UNO plays 2 periods at Baxter?

Comment

2017-18 NCHC Preseason Poll
                      Denver – 240 points (30 first-place votes)
                      St. Cloud State – 187
                      North Dakota – 172
                      Minnesota Duluth – 160
                      Miami – 104
                      Western Michigan – 102
                      Omaha – 83
                      Colorado College – 32
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Puck drops in a week against the always hard working Manitoba Bison. Love seeing the freshman for the first time as they get plenty of ice time. Off subject what the hell is wrong with the football team? Blown out at home today by Montana St
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I was in the Ralph a couple weeks ago - no logo on the ice. And I see Bast will start the year recovering from surgery. You have to wonder if he's injury prone or just bad luck. Football? I think maybe Mussman is masquerading as Bubba.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            I was in the Ralph a couple weeks ago - no logo on the ice. And I see Bast will start the year recovering from surgery. You have to wonder if he's injury prone or just bad luck. Football? I think maybe Mussman is masquerading as Bubba.
                            Kudos to the NCAA.

In a short but simple rules video the NCAA has managed to, a) acknowledge North Dakota fans were correct when they argued the overtime goal against BU in Fargo should not have been reviewable for offsides, and b) provide clear demonstrations of classic diving techniques by looking to our friends in maroon and gold to the immediate east, UMD and Minnesota.

Well done, NCAA. Well done.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Kudos to the NCAA.

In a short but simple rules video the NCAA has managed to, a) acknowledge North Dakota fans were correct when they argued the overtime goal against BU in Fargo should not have been reviewable for offsides, and b) provide clear demonstrations of classic diving techniques by looking to our friends in maroon and gold to the immediate east, UMD and Minnesota.

Well done, NCAA. Well done.
                              Yep. That no goal still bugs me a bit especially after seeing it again. Got to love the 2 teams they showed for diving. 😁
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

GF Herald predictions
                                http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...nce-breakdowns
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X