X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2017 Off-Season

SLU had 4 home games from Dec 10 to the end of the regular season this past year, so it is certainly possible. Of course, you figure a good 2-3 weeks of that is the Holiday/exam break.

Leave a comment:

• Turk
    replied

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
    I was reading the 17-18 schedule thread and noticed the spreadsheet, though not complete for QU, appears to show them with 10 consecutive road games starting with Cornell/Colgate and including a trip to ASU. ASU announced their schedule including QU Jan 19/20, 2018. Hope at least some of those other road games are incorrect.
    I just looked at the schedule to and hope its wrong. If its correct there are no home games between Dec 10, 2017 and Feb 15, 2018. That just does not sound right. There are still 4 home games without dates maybe some of them are during that time gap.
    Last edited by Turk; 04-26-2017, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied
    I was reading the 17-18 schedule thread and noticed the spreadsheet, though not complete for QU, appears to show them with 10 consecutive road games starting with Cornell/Colgate and including a trip to ASU. ASU announced their schedule including QU Jan 19/20, 2018. Hope at least some of those other road games are incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
    I am kind of shocked that Landon didn't get at least an 'A.' Is there a reason for only one Captain and one Alternate?

As much as I am withdrawing from College Puck, my summer is starting off really nice. A 2 week long work trip to Tokyo next week and possibly closing on our first house this coming week... Should be a great summer!
    Priskie and Kevin McKernan were no brainers as I floated both of those names on the QHOCKEYBLOG poll a few weeks ago. Smith was the other name floated but maybe they don't see him in that type of leadership role.

Leave a comment:

• DownOnTheFarm
    replied

I am kind of shocked that Landon didn't get at least an 'A.' Is there a reason for only one Captain and one Alternate?

As much as I am withdrawing from College Puck, my summer is starting off really nice. A 2 week long work trip to Tokyo next week and possibly closing on our first house this coming week... Should be a great summer!

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Captain and award winners announced

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...17-18.html?m=0

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Just home from the banquet. As always a great evening even though it's tough to say goodbye to the seniors.

This years awards:

Most Valuable Player: Tim Clifton

Rookie of the Year: Alex Whelan

Coaches Award: Connor Clifton, Tommy Schutt

7th Player: Craig Martin

Academic Award: Derek Smith

Next years Captain (a bit of a surprise to me but a solid choice none the less): Chase Priske

Assistant: Kevin McKernan

Thank you to all the seniors: Connor Clifton, Derek Smith, Tommy Schutt, Tim Clifton, KJ Tiefenwerth, Joe Fiala

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Corey Clifton signs National Letter of Intent

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...of_21.html?m=0

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Sam Anas called up to the Minnesota Wild will be a black ace.

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...sota-wild.html

Leave a comment:

• maineiac
    replied

2019 Women's Frozen Four at "The Bank".

Leave a comment:

• QU/UM
    replied

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Rand Pecknold named assistant for US National Team

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...nt-for-us.html
    Congrats to Rand!

One of the other assistants is Jack Capuano, former head coach of the Islanders. As an Islander fan, let me just say that Jack and Rand could not be more different. Rand's teams are structured, in position, and disciplined. Jack's teams.....not so much.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Rand Pecknold named assistant for US National Team

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...nt-for-us.html

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Michael Lombardi signs National Letter of Intent

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...al-letter.html

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied

Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
    As you might be able to tell from my screen name, I follow both Quinnipiac (older son is an alum) and Michigan (younger son is a current student).

The legendary Red Berenson announced his retirement yesterday after 33 years as Michigan coach. One of the Michigan boards I follow (MGoBlog) listed potential candidates to replace him and had Rand as a possibility. No inside info that I am aware of, they just made a list of top flight coaches who might consider the Michigan job a step up. Personally I don' see Rand as a fit there, his recruiting style is very different from the types of players Michigan tends to get (higher draft picks who don't stay for 4 years, some only stay 1 year).

If Michigan were to come calling, does anyone thing Rand would listen? Personally I hope not, I think he has a great thing going at QU (that he built) and seems to want to finally win a championship as the QU coach.
    Rand almost left for UMass a few years ago (the year before our first national championship appearance, if memory serves), but I think he's got a great gig here. He's basically coach for life with everything he's done. The school pays him well and gives him more job security than virtually any coach in the country, as well as great amenities.

Never say never, but with the success he's had in the last five years I'd be shocked if he went anywhere. When UMass came calling we still weren't sure whether QU could actually get to the mountaintop. Now that we know it can, the decision-making process has changed.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

I can't see him leaving Quinnipiac. He recruits totally different than what Michigan recruits in terms of players. Now Quinnipiac is starting to get more elite talents than they have in the past. He also has young kids entrenched in schools in CT and is a northeast guy. I'd be stunned if he made that move to Ann Arbor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X