This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Congrats to Will Reilly. Selected by Pittsburgh with the last pick in the Draft.
      That was a complete surprise to me. This isn't the first time that we had the last pick.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I’ll bite, who was the other?
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          I’ll bite, who was the other?
          John Haley back in 1985. Senez and Jensen perhaps also. I will have to check.

Edit: I was wrong, none were the last although 2 were next to last.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Reilly must be in shock too. He hasn't tweeted although he earlier retweeted about another player who must have been a former teammate.

Edit: the retweet was for Jacob Golden who also played for Upper Canada College, but they did not play there at the same time.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-24-2017, 01:16 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We'll have a matched set of new coaches
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A new Will Reilly thread on Hockey's Future http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2362387. There are 5 posts so far,
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Finally.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI announcement of Reilly being drafted: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Whatever the case may be, I know all of us are very happy that you were able to get out the word about an issue plaguing the country, and although it might not be as public now unless you were to, say, purchase a board ad (and I do agree the money could be best spent towards the cause), you have at least my support in the continued effort of education. I'm sorry you had to experience someone that wants to just sit on her throne in the Troy building (because we know she doesn't use her throne at HFH), take all the credit for good, but pass the blame for bad; it's yet another reason why I don't want to donate to the 'tute until she's gone. Hopefully things go well for you this summer, too.
                          Thanks for the kind words. My best to you and Mrs. Dudette
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

two interesting articles from Sam Blum. Sam's clearly not on the fast track to replace Dave Anderson, but interesting nonetheless.
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
                                I strongly doubt that the Penguins are going to go out of their way to sign the 217th overall pick immediately. Why spend the money on developing him if they can let RPI handle it. I suppose it's possible that he could be sent to whatever CHL team has his rights but it seems unlikely.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X