• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
    Who would not want to keep Sachi around???
    FlagDUDETTE.

Leave a comment:

• Stay@homeDad
    replied

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
    To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.
    Who would not want to keep Sachi around???

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    That is a pretty talented group.
    You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
    Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
    Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.
    Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
    RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
    That is a pretty talented group.
    You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
    Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
    Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 29 June 2017. There are 93 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• cmmarkham
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    You’re right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. He’ll be in Anaheim’s camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
    I caught it because I made the same mistake in a post to the RPI sports listserv and only realized it while proofreading to try to catch some of my usual many errors.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
    RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
    You’re right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. He’ll be in Anaheim’s camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
    Last edited by turk181; 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cmmarkham
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    2nd go around for “Willy” in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Calgary hasn’t Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but I’ll go with this.....

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

2nd go around for “Willy” in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Calgary hasn’t Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but I’ll go with this.....

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
    To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.
    If only the vote succeeded 10 years ago... of course she probably STILL would have disbanded the Faculty Senate and become even MORE of a ruthless dictatress...

Leave a comment:

• rsfs04
    replied
    Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    What a joke

Leave a comment:

• rvd5star69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    What a joke

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 28 June 2017. There are 94 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Good luck to Linden Marshall @ Vancouver Canucks Dev. Camp...... https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/van...er/c-290187652

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Fred Tironese, I assume Evan's father, posted on the RPI-Sports mailing list that he heard that the new women's coach is Bryan Vines. He asked for confirmation.

This makes some sense since BV's wife is still employed by RPI. (Not that sense is necessary when it comes to RPI decisions.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X