X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turk181
    replied
    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

William Reilly speaks to the media following a scrimmage at development camp. https://www.nhl.com/penguins/video/d...t-twt-penguins

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

A fight between free agent signee left wing Zach Saar (Team White) and college invite defenseman Jared Wilson (Team Black) highlighted the second half. Normally you don't see fights during these scrimmages, but this one showcased two guys with considerable size - Saar (6-4, 236) and Wilson (6-3, 200)..........

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 2 July 2017. There are 90 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    NCAA rules prohibit bands from being positioned behind the goal?

Has the NCAA informed Princeton about this?
    The "hostile takeover" is clearly in reference to the financial responsibility by the RPI administration. Good try, though.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 1 July 2017. There are 91 days (13 weeks) until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Ever since the hostile takeover, the student union won't get it back because of NCAA rules. I can't wait to read jericho's response to the catwalk.
    NCAA rules prohibit bands from being positioned behind the goal?

Has the NCAA informed Princeton about this?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Not unusual for some players to attend 2 camps. All I know is he’s on both Rosters.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Does that mean he is going to two of them or is Anaheim in error?
    Not unusual for some players to attend 2 camps. All I know is he’s on both Rosters.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Jared Wilson will indeed be in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Anaheim’s camp ends July 2 & Calgary’s begins July 4..... https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flam...edule/c-888053
    Does that mean he is going to two of them or is Anaheim in error?

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Jared Wilson will indeed be in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Anaheim’s camp ends July 2 & Calgary’s begins July 4..... https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flam...edule/c-888053

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Ever since the hostile takeover, the student union won't get it back because of NCAA rules. I can't wait to read jericho's response to the catwalk.
    I miss the catwalk, although my fear of heights doesn't. Great place to watch and call a game from. The problem with where we are now is 1) it's too small, at least for me. Should have taken out another row of seats and it would have been perfect. 2) half the ice becomes invisible because of the scoreboard.

Overall, we are closer to the "atmosphere" of the game (as opposed to the Earth's atmosphere ) and I do believe it leads to better on-air excitement.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-30-2017, 06:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 30 June 2017. There are 92 days (3 months) until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.
    If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X