Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Not exactly true. I've never lived there but I've driven through WI on my way to Michigan on a few occasions.
    Yeah I know, I've done it myself, I even had to spend on weekend there last summer...but it hurts my argument when you bring that up...and my point that there are a lot of former Wisconsinites in this state.
    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      The Gopher fans have left the building. Bandwagon is empty. They only come around when their team is winning, which hasn't been much the last few years. Too bad, so sad. They live in the past, hanging on to past success, denying the present. I love it.
      I am bored so I will bite.

SCSU fans are not even in the building. Bandwagon is always empty. They only come around when their team occasionally beats the Gophers, which doesn't happen all that much. Too bad, so sad. They don't even live in the past, future or present. I love it.

You are their only fan.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        And let's give Alaska to Canada. They don't really belong here anyways.
        That would be a bit ironic considering I've been trashing Canadians for years...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          That would be a bit ironic considering I've been trashing Canadians for years...
          Or would that be hypocritical? Actually, I am truly wondering, it depends on what you've said.

I mean, really, what do they have up there? Igloos, truckers, and polar bears. And one really cute girl (whatever her name is from Ice Road Truckers). Sorry, Suze, but I can't judge ya, since I never have seen a pic of ya.

So, this terrible, sucky, horrid, under-performing, non-cohesive, crappy team from MN might as well put you out of your misery and sweep you. If anything, I hope the Techies can say, "Dam, that was a HORRIBLE performance by UAA!!!!" That would be the icing on the cake.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
            We've won 8 straight and swept the Gophers
            I'll be sure to keep this in mind when the SCSU fanbase goes on suicide watch after another early exit from the NCAA tournament in a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
              I'll be sure to keep this in mind when the SCSU fanbase goes on suicide watch after another early exit from the NCAA tournament in a couple months.
              I'll be sure to take a few pointers from you on how to deal with the disappointment of a season gone awry.

Comment

Or would that be hypocritical? Actually, I am truly wondering, it depends on what you've said.
                I was just find one of the old World Junior threads and go from there...

I mean, really, what do they have up there? Igloos, truckers, and polar bears. And one really cute girl (whatever her name is from Ice Road Truckers). Sorry, Suze, but I can't judge ya, since I never have seen a pic of ya.
                You forgot Crab Fishermen. Deadliest Catch ya know?
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                  The Gopher fans have left the building. Bandwagon is empty. They only come around when their team is winning, which hasn't been much the last few years. Too bad, so sad. They live in the past, hanging on to past success, denying the present. I love it.
                  .....sigh Trues fans dont need a bandwagons Skeets . I have been following this team with passion for 40 years . I have seen my share of success and failure by the Gophers. This has been a rough stretch the last couple of years and its been frustrating and the only thing I can guarantee you about the Gopher program is it will be back and on top at some point. It always comes back

Comment

I'll be sure to take a few pointers from you on how to deal with the disappointment of a season gone awry.
                    If anything, we should be taking pointers from you.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                      If anything, we should be taking pointers from you.
                      Pointer #1: Keep the Robotussin and paint thinner away from the fan base, or you'll end up with someone like shortbus. Thus endeth the lesson.

Comment

The vast majority of your team's seasons have been worse than MN's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          The vast majority of your team's seasons have been worse than MN's.
                          Point well taken. That being said, those seasons have very rarely featured a collapse on the caliber of what's happening with Minnesota this season.

Comment

Point well taken. That being said, those seasons have very rarely featured a collapse on the caliber of what's happening with Minnesota this season.
                            The Gophers have never collapsed this season. We have been disappointing all year. Last season was an epic collapse, and yet, we managed to go 6-0 against SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              This is one of the many dipsh*t fans that I have to sit in the stands with. Apparently he does not know how to read our own teams roster. Can you say fail?

Comment

Originally posted by the U of Not Fairbanks View Post
                                This is one of the many dipsh*t fans that I have to sit in the stands with. Apparently he does not know how to read our own teams roster. Can you say fail?
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X