X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogie21
    replied
    Re: bu off-season - #1

College Hockey Inc. has posted preseason polls for all six Division 1 hockey conferences. BU's out-of-conference schedule includes match-ups with the top ranked teams in the NCHC (Denver: home-Oct. 27), the WCHA (Minnesota St.: home-Oct. 13 & 14) and the ECAC (Harvard: BP-Feb. 5) , as well as three other top six ECAC teams (Quinnipiac, Cornell and Union). Six of those seven games are in October and November.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Annual captain's Q&A interview now posted on THFB, along with HE Media pre-season poll results.
    http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...s-u18s-to.html

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I mean, most hockey teams are screwed if their starting goalie gets hurt. Unless you're going to platoon (which would make recruiting someone of Jake's caliber very, very difficult) you are inherently running that risk. If Joe Woll gets hurt BC is *really* screwed, if Tyler Wall gets hurt Lowell is screwed, etc. But Prawdzik put up good numbers in his NAHL season last year, so he's a serviceable backup.
    BC actually has a really good backup in Ryan Edquist. Was a talented recruit and played well last year.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    What are the odds Oettinger goes to the Olympics?
    I am going to guess pretty slim. As good as he is, I figure they will want someone with more experience. Needless to say, it would be a big blow to the team to lose him for a couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    What point range do people suggest Tkachuk might have this season? I'm thinking part of his high draft ranking might be due to his NHL size body frame which doesn't necessarily translate into immediate dominance at the college level. Obviously, nobody is envisioning Eichel numbers, but I'm probably thinking Keller numbers should be considered a ceiling rather than an expectation?
    I agree that we don't usually see big guys rack up points as freshmen. And especially for Brady, where his game is about a lot more than scoring.

I think the low end is 15g 15a 30 pts, high end is 20g 25a 45 pts.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I mean, most hockey teams are screwed if their starting goalie gets hurt. Unless you're going to platoon (which would make recruiting someone of Jake's caliber very, very difficult) you are inherently running that risk. If Joe Woll gets hurt BC is *really* screwed, if Tyler Wall gets hurt Lowell is screwed, etc. But Prawdzik put up good numbers in his NAHL season last year, so he's a serviceable backup.
    From Prawdzik's bio:
    Led the Brahmas to the Robertson Cup championship, posting a 1.56 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage in the playoffs after putting up a 2.14 and .908 during the regular season.
    How will that translate to D1 games? He certainly faced tougher competition in the NAHL than in prep school and excelled in pressure situations. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the series vs. Minnesota State (and Connor LaCouvee).

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Brady Tkachuk joins Jack Eichel as Terriers named Player of the Game in the All-American Prospects Game. GWG and an assist in Team Leetch's 6-5 win.
    https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/911051349747306496
    http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....rrer_id=641365
    What point range do people suggest Tkachuk might have this season? I'm thinking part of his high draft ranking might be due to his NHL size body frame which doesn't necessarily translate into immediate dominance at the college level. Obviously, nobody is envisioning Eichel numbers, but I'm probably thinking Keller numbers should be considered a ceiling rather than an expectation?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

What are the odds Oettinger goes to the Olympics?

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
    We're screwed if something happens to Oettinger, right?

I'll admit, bench scouting is not my strong suit, but are Lynch and Prawdzik anything more than practice and mop-up duty fodder?

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Originally posted by smyler3 View Post

I'll admit, bench scouting is not my strong suit, but are Lynch and Prawdzik anything more than practice and mop-up duty fodder?
    Prawdzik is way, way better than Lynch. He was recruited by a few lower level Hockey East and ECAC schools out of Brooks. He preferred BU even if less playing time.

Leave a comment:

• smyler3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Brady Tkachuk joins Jack Eichel as Terriers named Player of the Game in the All-American Prospects Game. GWG and an assist in Team Leetch's 6-5 win.
    https://twitter.com/usahockey/status/911051349747306496
    http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....rrer_id=641365

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    I think JFK will be centering the third line by the midpoint of the season. Sweeney wants to sell Spooner, JFK was signed to give him the flexibility to do it.
    I hope you are right.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think JFK needs a season in Providence, and then next year he may be ready.
    I think JFK will be centering the third line by the midpoint of the season. Sweeney wants to sell Spooner, JFK was signed to give him the flexibility to do it.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    A key to establishing that productive third line will be keeping Nik Olsson healthy. He played only 31 games over the past two season. While not a high-end finisher, Olsson is exceptional at separating defensemen from pucks. Put him out regularly with a skill guy like Crone (who has impressed in early practices) and perhaps speedy newcomer Melanson (his references from the RPI thread were, save one, very positive) and BU just may have a third line thats productive.

What ifs dont do anyone any good, but JFKs departure left a bad taste because Sweeney lured him into signing by allowing him to burn a year off his ELC with a one-game appearance for the Bruins. Hope he has a great camp and makes the Bs roster, but I wont be surprised if other prospects, like Anders Bjork and AHL scoring champ Kenny Agostino, are deemed more ready for prime time.
    I think Bjork is going to have a huge year. They've been lumping him in with the other prospects on talk radio, but I think he is going to be far and away the best rookie forward for the B's, and will be a consistent 2nd/3rd liner.

I think JFK needs a season in Providence, and then next year he may be ready.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X