Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Not a whole lot of precedent of drafting an 18-year-old goalie and signing him immediately. Could happen I suppose, but it'd be highly unusual. He certainly wouldn't step into an NHL roster and the team likely would want him to stay in college to get practice and a significant number of games under his belt for another year or two. They'd have to have a unique roster situation where they'd have an open spot on their AHL roster for a goalie to get regular starts and practice.
    Bruins did it with Vlader. He basically played in the ECHL all year. Then again he was Czech and playing in the USHL, so it could have been about $ and visa issues, but it has happened at least once.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

What The Hell
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        I expect Oettinger, Lacouvee and Prawdzik to all be on the roster next season. Since Prawdzik would be a redshirt Sophomore next year, once Lacouvee graduates he will be #2 on the depth chart & the primary backup in his Junior & Senior years, barring anything unforseen w/ Oettinger.
        So essentially Prawdzik will never play. Will be 3rd goalie next, then backup to Oettinger as a junior and then backup to Oettinger as a senior or more likely Oettinger leaves as a junior and BU brings in a goalie to be the starter.

Comment

Is this a good time to discuss why attendance is down?

We could also use another scintillating conversation about the arena's ticket policies...
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by shrader
            Now that's just crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

We could also use another scintillating conversation about the arena's ticket policies...
              How about onions for the hot dogs?
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I wonder if they will improve the hot dog cooking / temperature situation over the off season?
                I had to go to IKEA yesterday. Got two hot dogs and a drink for $2. More importantly, the hot dogs were infinitesimally better than any dog Agganis has ever served.
                I ranted about Agganis for entire time it took me to finish those delicious IKEA hot dogs. ****es me off.
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  They have those.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    They have those.
                    Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Home attendance for BU games this was not down this past season. The average this season was up 1.6% from last season (4,432 vs 4,360) overall (including the 2 playoff games) and down just -0.1% (4,670 vs 4,676) for the regular season games. The median this season was also up, 0.5% from last season (4,541 vs 4,518) overall and down -1.2% (4,559 vs 4,616) for the regular season. The difference was that this season BU was able to get 1,371 more fans for the 2 playoff games, even though the 2 game average was 46% lower than the regular season average. Also, BU was 1 of only 2 Hockey East teams to see an increase in overall home average attendance, Maine (up 10.6%) being the other team. Looking at just regular season games UMass Lowell (up 2.5%) also saw a small increase along with Maine. Maybe not as good as the first several seasons at Agganis, but better than most other Hockey East teams.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        They have those.
                        How about kraut?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          Home attendance for BU games this was not down this past season. The average this season was up 1.6% from last season (4,432 vs 4,360) overall (including the 2 playoff games) and down just -0.1% (4,670 vs 4,676) for the regular season games. The median this season was also up, 0.5% from last season (4,541 vs 4,518) overall and down -1.2% (4,559 vs 4,616) for the regular season. The difference was that this season BU was able to get 1,371 more fans for the 2 playoff games, even though the 2 game average was 46% lower than the regular season average. Also, BU was 1 of only 2 Hockey East teams to see an increase in overall home average attendance, Maine (up 10.6%) being the other team. Looking at just regular season games UMass Lowell (up 2.5%) also saw a small increase along with Maine. Maybe not as good as the first several seasons at Agganis, but better than most other Hockey East teams.

Sean
                          So evidently the 4:00 PM games may not have hurt attendance after all....

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                            How about kraut?
                            yer talking warm, not cold. correct?

mookie would go for a warm cheese dispenser. jalapenos and bacon too.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              So evidently the 4:00 PM games may not have hurt attendance after all....
                              I'm no fan of 4:00 Saturday games, but they don't hurt attendance nearly as much as 6:00 Friday games which should now be a thing of the past with ASN gone.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I'm no fan of 4:00 Saturday games, but they don't hurt attendance nearly as much as 6:00 Friday games which should now be a thing of the past with ASN gone.
                                Many in here (not sure who) attributed the poor attendance to the 4:00 games last year.

The 6:00 Friday games were awful I agree. I didn't mind the 4:00 games but they had too many of them... Since they didn't seem to negatively affect attendance, I'd like to see one or two of them through the year... Good for the kids and nice to go to dinner after the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X