Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: bu off-season - #1

    With JFK "unexpectedly" signing a year earlier than anticipated, do they accelerate another recruit, or look for someone else? It is doubtful there is much uncommitted talent available at this point. Although an answer might be found in Europe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by defkit View Post
      We hadn't had true NHL talent in some time, he was the first to bolt early that had a legit shot.
      Scott Young????
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Scott Young????
        Says hi correct!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          Says hi correct!
          Clinton, MA and OHCC.

          Comment


          • Re: bu off-season - #1

            HUTogther would be fuming at the 4 Harvard guys against the wall on that goal
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              HUTogther would be fuming at the 4 Harvard guys against the wall on that goal
              We sure she's still around?
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)



              Originally posted by BUtogether
              And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
              RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

              Comment


              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Scott Young????
                I forgot about him, my fault. I think I forgot about him because I think he went the Olympic route first, no? He obviously had a long career. The other guys that seemed to leave early never seemed to go very far. Didn't one (or both) of the Shaunessy brother leave early. And Jim Ennis? Jeff Sveen maybe.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                Comment


                • Re: bu off-season - #1

                  Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                  Not Billy Whelton?
                  Sorry, I don't know who that is. What years did he play and did he play in the NHL?
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                  Comment


                  • Re: bu off-season - #1

                    Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Sorry, I don't know who that is. What years did he play and did he play in the NHL?
                    He was a defenseman from Charlestown. He played at BU from '78-79 - '80-81. He played a few games with WPG, and spent some time in the AHL. I'm not certain, but I think he was a teammate of renowned college hockey savant, Barry Melrose.
                    Last edited by buoldtimer; 04-07-2017, 02:25 PM.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                    Comment


                    • Re: bu off-season - #1

                      Have All-Americans been announced? I feel like it has become an afterthought in recent years. Hard to even find the announcement. I know it usually happened leading up to the FF.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                      Comment


                      • Re: bu off-season - #1

                        Nevermind, found it,

                        http://www.ahcahockey.com/allamer/2017.php

                        That bum McAvoy fooled another set of voters.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I forgot about him, my fault. I think I forgot about him because I think he went the Olympic route first, no? He obviously had a long career. The other guys that seemed to leave early never seemed to go very far. Didn't one (or both) of the Shaunessy brother leave early. And Jim Ennis? Jeff Sveen maybe.
                          Steve Shaugnessy his brother Scott was stud for 4 years. They were from Reading what other BU AA D-man was from Reading ?

                          Comment


                          • Re: bu off-season - #1

                            Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            Nevermind, found it,

                            http://www.ahcahockey.com/allamer/2017.php

                            That bum McAvoy fooled another set of voters.
                            I definitely thought this would bring Chad Switzer out of posting retirement! I'm disappointed he has not posted. Congrats to Chucky No-Goals, though!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              Steve Shaugnessy his brother Scott was stud for 4 years. They were from Reading what other BU AA D-man was from Reading ?
                              Chris Dyment?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Chris Dyment?
                                Yes correct Scarlet. And Dman Dan Spang played at the same time was from Winchester both public HS players a rare occurrence anymore

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X