• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpauldingSmails
    replied
    Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    If certain AHLers are an option (not sure if it would have to do with the type of contract they have), I would imagine they would make up at least a third of the roster, which would make it highly unlikely that more than a couple BU guys would go. Of course, before the NHLers went, the Olympic Team was decided in the fall, and players missed the entire season. Would that still be the case? In Tkachuk and McEachern, and maybe Scott Young, once they left for the Olympics, they didn't come back to BU.
    I heard McAvoy talk about JG potentially playing on the Olympic team. It didn't sound like it was anything but a point in time during the season rather than a season-killer like the old days. Scott Young definitely didn't come back after the Olympics. The post-Olympic return of MacDonald and Bourbeau to Harvard in '89 was quite different for the time period.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

For those of you who are following the David Gove story a go fund me campaign is available to help him family (specifically his young son):

https://www.gofundme.com/david-gove-...741bac457a37b4

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Quesnelle officially announced as assistant coach.
    Freshman class to be announced tomorrow. https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey/st...48103245922304

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Like to see the timelines with his involvement in the camps at wba and the showering stuff that was mentioned.... ugly

Leave a comment:

• srsterrier
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    For what seasons was this guy on Jack Parker's staff? I mean I find it crazy that BU had this guy on their staff for hockey and once had Sandusky on the football staff.
    According to the press reports, Richardson was an assistant at BU from 1985-86 to 1988-89. Very different from Sandusky, obviously. I don't see anything about this happening while he was a BU coach, any instances of BU administrators being aware of misconduct, and he didn't last long at BU.
    Regardless, it's horrible and it's happened too many times in the hockey community where coaches have a lot of power over players' careers. Graham James in the WHL is certainly an egregious example of that.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

For what seasons was this guy on Jack Parker's staff? I mean I find it crazy that BU had this guy on their staff for hockey and once had Sandusky on the football staff.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

When one person accuses you of raping, I suppose there is a possibility that it is all made up (for whatever reason). Once a second, unrelated person accuses you, it paints a pretty clear picture. While criminally there may be nothing that can be done (unless this story brings others out of the shadows), I hope that all other avenues are used to help prevent this guy from being able to hurt another kid.

So sad for Gove and his family.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    jesus......
    That's putting it mildly. I posted a link in the NHL thread.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

jesus......

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Anybody read the Globe this morning? Jesus.
    obviously no!!!!

what?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Anybody read the Globe this morning? Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

And mookie is now on board with 1p starts!!! All games should be in fact

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

College hockey this month!!!!!

Carry on...

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to the trip!

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I'm a Minnesota State fan, making my first trip to Agganis for this fall's games. Any advice on where visitors sit? I'm getting the tix online, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    CHRR is correct. 104-106 are the "visitors" sections.... although usually there are visiting fans spread throughout. If you want to avoid chaos, 117-119 are the primary student sections and 107-109 tend to be the overflow student sections (which gets filled up for bigger games).

Really not a bad seat in the house and by row 5 or 6 you can pretty much see over the glass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X