Originally posted by HHound View Post
    What did you say you mayjered in?🤔
    Saw it the first time

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Re: bu off-season - #1

I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors. To get that kind of experience and leadership, you need to recruit strong, coachable players who play together well and who also recognize the value of education and care about getting a degree.
    So like Somerby last year and Hickey this year? Two juniors who everyone expected to leave after 3 seasons but decided to come back?

Quinn has made it clear that he understands the need for balance between the Eichels and Kellers of the world and the Phelps and Olsson types.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Not double posting 13 minutes later. That's only accredited at nu

Leave a comment:

• HHound
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mrs papa g is a terrior

Leave a comment:

• HHound
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mrs papa g is a terrior

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    PapaG, I had the impression that you were a Screeching Eagle booster so I'm a bit surprised that you are writing to the aid of bu! Your description of our coach as a Forest Gumpish type is so far far from reality that you cause us to suspect that you know little or nothing about him beyond the spelling of his name.
    Next, I suppose you will suggest that a bu win against UMass amounts to a triumph of Dairy Queen over Carvel!
    Mrs papa g is a terrior

Leave a comment:

• HHound
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    The good news for BU fans is that they don't have Forrest Gump as their head coach like NU does so it shouldn't be too difficult for them.

Ah, so that's what NU's secret formula to winning has been for all these years!
    PapaG, I had the impression that you were a Screeching Eagle booster so I'm a bit surprised that you are writing to the aid of bu! Your description of our coach as a Forest Gumpish type is so far far from reality that you cause us to suspect that you know little or nothing about him beyond the spelling of his name.
    Next, I suppose you will suggest that a bu win against UMass amounts to a triumph of Dairy Queen over Carvel!

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
    The good news for BU fans is that they don't have Forrest Gump as their head coach like NU does so it shouldn't be too difficult for them.

I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors.
    Ah, so that's what NU's secret formula to winning has been for all these years!

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    The Kentucky of college hockey??
    Kentucky at least dominates their conference.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

...Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
    The Kentucky of college hockey??

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
    well duh!!!! that's their job

Leave a comment:

• HHound
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Nine member freshman class--and graduate transfer--announced. Five NHL draft picks and a projected 2018 first-rounder (Tkachuk).
    http://goterriers.com/news/2017/9/6/...s-of-2021.aspx
    That's just peachy! But remember, how few teams win the NCAAs if they have to depend on an outsized group of freshmen. I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors. To get that kind of experience and leadership, you need to recruit strong, coachable players who play together well and who also recognize the value of education and care about getting a degree. Without players like Regan and Rodriguez, for example, your record during their senior year would have been vastly different!

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    It's just crazy that we have SEVEN defensemen drafted in the 3rd round or higher.
    Seven drafted Ds; just 4 drafted Fs, although it would've been 5 if Brady Tkachuk had been born one day earlier.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

It's just crazy that we have SEVEN defensemen drafted in the 3rd round or higher.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Nine member freshman class--and graduate transfer--announced. Five NHL draft picks and a projected 2018 first-rounder (Tkachuk).
    http://goterriers.com/news/2017/9/6/...s-of-2021.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X