Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Brady Tkachuk joins Jack Eichel as Terriers named Player of the Game in the All-American Prospects Game. GWG and an assist in Team Leetch's 6-5 win.
    https://***********/usahockey/status/911051349747306496
    http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....rrer_id=641365
    What point range do people suggest Tkachuk might have this season? I'm thinking part of his high draft ranking might be due to his NHL size body frame which doesn't necessarily translate into immediate dominance at the college level. Obviously, nobody is envisioning Eichel numbers, but I'm probably thinking Keller numbers should be considered a ceiling rather than an expectation?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      I mean, most hockey teams are screwed if their starting goalie gets hurt. Unless you're going to platoon (which would make recruiting someone of Jake's caliber very, very difficult) you are inherently running that risk. If Joe Woll gets hurt BC is *really* screwed, if Tyler Wall gets hurt Lowell is screwed, etc. But Prawdzik put up good numbers in his NAHL season last year, so he's a serviceable backup.
      From Prawdzik's bio:
      Led the Brahmas to the Robertson Cup championship, posting a 1.56 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage in the playoffs after putting up a 2.14 and .908 during the regular season.
      How will that translate to D1 games? He certainly faced tougher competition in the NAHL than in prep school and excelled in pressure situations. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the series vs. Minnesota State (and Connor LaCouvee).
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        What point range do people suggest Tkachuk might have this season? I'm thinking part of his high draft ranking might be due to his NHL size body frame which doesn't necessarily translate into immediate dominance at the college level. Obviously, nobody is envisioning Eichel numbers, but I'm probably thinking Keller numbers should be considered a ceiling rather than an expectation?
        I agree that we don't usually see big guys rack up points as freshmen. And especially for Brady, where his game is about a lot more than scoring.

I think the low end is 15g 15a 30 pts, high end is 20g 25a 45 pts.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          What are the odds Oettinger goes to the Olympics?
          I am going to guess pretty slim. As good as he is, I figure they will want someone with more experience. Needless to say, it would be a big blow to the team to lose him for a couple weeks.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            I mean, most hockey teams are screwed if their starting goalie gets hurt. Unless you're going to platoon (which would make recruiting someone of Jake's caliber very, very difficult) you are inherently running that risk. If Joe Woll gets hurt BC is *really* screwed, if Tyler Wall gets hurt Lowell is screwed, etc. But Prawdzik put up good numbers in his NAHL season last year, so he's a serviceable backup.
            BC actually has a really good backup in Ryan Edquist. Was a talented recruit and played well last year.

Comment

Annual captain's Q&A interview now posted on THFB, along with HE Media pre-season poll results.
              http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...s-u18s-to.html

Comment

College Hockey Inc. has posted preseason polls for all six Division 1 hockey conferences. BU's out-of-conference schedule includes match-ups with the top ranked teams in the NCHC (Denver: home-Oct. 27), the WCHA (Minnesota St.: home-Oct. 13 & 14) and the ECAC (Harvard: BP-Feb. 5) , as well as three other top six ECAC teams (Quinnipiac, Cornell and Union). Six of those seven games are in October and November.

Comment

Working...
                X