Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: bu off-season - #1

    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Reports saying Matt O'Connor, after not receiving a qualifying offer from Ottawa, has signed with Nashville.
    Huh. And here I was thinking the point of having a goalie is to keep the puck OUT of the net....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

    Comment


    • Re: bu off-season - #1

      nicky has gone off to nashville
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Re: bu off-season - #1

        And Shatty realizes his dream of playing for his hometown Rangers.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          nicky has gone off to nashville
          What is with the giant pants tent nashville has for BU?

          Comment


          • Re: bu off-season - #1

            Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            And Shatty realizes his dream of playing for his hometown Rangers.
            Reportedly took a big discount to go there.

            Comment


            • Re: bu off-season - #1

              Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Reportedly took a big discount to go there.
              .
              "I know there was maybe some term and some money left on the table, but when you have the opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream like this, it's an opportunity that may only come once in my career, and I felt like this is my chance. I envisioned myself being a Ranger from the moment I stepped on the ice as a kid."
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

              Comment


              • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                What is with the giant pants tent nashville has for BU?
                They did trade Colin for a 4th rd'er....
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                Comment


                • Re: bu off-season - #1

                  Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  So basically Nashville and Arizona are BU Central and BU West (hey, are those still the names of the T-Stops?)
                  I said this before Bonino to Nashville and Clendening to the Yotes. But, alas, Colin leaving dampers the movement. Although he is going to a former BU hotbed (Shattenkirk, Cohen, VDG, Yip).
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I said this before Bonino to Nashville and Clendening to the Yotes. But, alas, Colin leaving dampers the movement. Although he is going to a former BU hotbed (Shattenkirk, Cohen, VDG, Yip).
                    Was hoping for a Wilson-Bonino line reunion in Nashville. That hope died a quick death.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      They did trade Colin for a 4th rd'er....
                      A 4th? He's been a solid player but just hasn't hit that #7 overall status...i think it was 7.

                      Crazy how many teams Bonino has been part of so far but a team always wants him.

                      Comment


                      • Re: bu off-season - #1

                        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        A 4th? He's been a solid player but just hasn't hit that #7 overall status...i think it was 7.

                        Crazy how many teams Bonino has been part of so far but a team always wants him.
                        shows what a crap shoot the nhl draft really is....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          So basically Nashville and Arizona are BU Central and BU West (hey, are those still the names of the T-Stops?)
                          Isn't David Poile a BU alum?

                          Comment


                          • Re: bu off-season - #1

                            Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                            Isn't David Poile a BU alum?
                            nu
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                            Comment


                            • Re: bu off-season - #1

                              Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              shows what a crap shoot the nhl draft really is....
                              No better example than Mr. Jeff Kealty, who last I knew was still on the Predators staff. First round pick, undoubtedly due to his height, but struggled at BU, was a 3rd pairing guy most of the time. He may have come on decently as a Senior, but....

                              ...okay, I just looked up his stats on Hockey DB. It says he has 11 goals and 15 assists as a Senior! Granted, it was one of more offensively talented teams (97-98), but does anyone remember him having 11 goals?!?!

                              Well, he played one year in the IHL and that was it.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                              Comment


                              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                No better example than Mr. Jeff Kealty, who last I knew was still on the Predators staff. First round pick, undoubtedly due to his height, but struggled at BU, was a 3rd pairing guy most of the time. He may have come on decently as a Senior, but....

                                ...okay, I just looked up his stats on Hockey DB. It says he has 11 goals and 15 assists as a Senior! Granted, it was one of more offensively talented teams (97-98), but does anyone remember him having 11 goals?!?!

                                Well, he played one year in the IHL and that was it.
                                Kealty was the only first round pick in that 94 recruit class, which also included Kelleher, Drury (3rd round pick), Sylvia, Donatelli, Hynes and Noble. IIRC, Kealty, Sylvia and Noble had just led Catholic Memorial to a state championship. Kealty was the 7th D on the '95 N/C squad, but got into 25 games as Rich Brennan and Shane Johnson missed time with injuries.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X