Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quinn comments on McAvoy, JFK, Greenway
    http://www.masslive.com/bruins/index...rt_river_index
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

    Comment


    • Re: bu off-season - #1

      Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Quinn comments on McAvoy, JFK, Greenway
      http://www.masslive.com/bruins/index...rt_river_index
      Where are the comments on JFK and Greenway? I didn't see them in this link.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

      Comment


      • Re: bu off-season - #1

        Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Where are the comments on JFK and Greenway? I didn't see them in this link.
        Yikes! It was in The Herald.
        http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...bu_coach_david
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

        Comment


        • Re: bu off-season - #1

          Nesn finally going to have live app streaming.

          But in NE only . Whoopie
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

          Comment


          • Re: bu off-season - #1

            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            nesn finally going to have live app streaming.

            But in ne only . Whoopie
            nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
            Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 05-23-2017, 03:51 PM. Reason: There is not actually a space between the 20th and 21st 'o'
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)



            Originally posted by BUtogether
            And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
            RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

            Comment


            • Re: bu off-season - #1

              Originally posted by defkit View Post
              And then there is John Cullen, who was drafted by Buffalo, but they didn't sign him, despite 241 career points, so he went to the IHL, won the MVP as a rookie, and played for Pittsburgh and Hartford (anyone else?).
              Do you mean other teams? He also played for Toronto, which his father played for and wore #19, his father's number, as well as the Tampa Bay Lighting.

              Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

              BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

              Comment


              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                Trouble in paradise

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Trouble in paradise
                  Is this that thing you typed about 2 yrs ago?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • Re: bu off-season - #1

                    Bellows leaving.

                    http://collegeblog.weei.com/sports/c...ws-leaving-bu/
                    \_(ツ)_/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Well that sucks. Was hoping he would take a big jump up next season.

                      I think this is the last time Quinn will comment on what players might be returning just days after the season ends.
                      Last edited by Tater; 05-26-2017, 03:10 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: bu off-season - #1

                        It's disappointing but certainly not surprising. When someone comes in with high expectations and those don't pan out, I can't blame them for considering other options - see Sam Kurker, and to a lesser extent Wesley Myron. I hope Bellows ends up in a better place than they did.

                        Bellows' primary skill was always advertised as being his shot. He stood out in the USHL and seemed to complement Keller well in Ann Arbor. But playing against bigger and older competition in the NCAA exposed his weaknesses. Playing in the WHL will get him back to playing against kids closer to his age group, and perhaps that will help his development more than being at BU would have.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                        Comment


                        • Re: bu off-season - #1

                          Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          It's disappointing but certainly not surprising. When someone comes in with high expectations and those don't pan out, I can't blame them for considering other options - see Sam Kurker, and to a lesser extent Wesley Myron. I hope Bellows ends up in a better place than they did.

                          Bellows' primary skill was always advertised as being his shot. He stood out in the USHL and seemed to complement Keller well in Ann Arbor. But playing against bigger and older competition in the NCAA exposed his weaknesses. Playing in the WHL will get him back to playing against kids closer to his age group, and perhaps that will help his development more than being at BU would have.
                          Good points, though there's something to be said for the development of a player that he chooses to go the route of continuing to work on the weaknesses of his game while playing against that better competition rather than moving to a league (I'm assuming he goes major junior) where his weaknesses won't be exposed by weaker and younger defense and where there won't be nearly as much practice time in development. He can't run and hide from the fact that his skating is below average, he has some trouble establishing position, and he was prone to taking awful penalties. I hope he develops well and becomes successful but at the same time it's disappointing that he chose not to continue to work towards being successful at this level, which likely would serve him better in his professional career.
                          \_(ツ)_/

                          Comment


                          • Re: bu off-season - #1

                            Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            (I'm assuming he goes major junior)
                            WHL Portland Winterhawks.

                            Comment


                            • Re: bu off-season - #1

                              Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Good points, though there's something to be said for the development of a player that he chooses to go the route of continuing to work on the weaknesses of his game while playing against that better competition rather than moving to a league (I'm assuming he goes major junior) where his weaknesses won't be exposed by weaker and younger defense and where there won't be nearly as much practice time in development. He can't run and hide from the fact that his skating is below average, he has some trouble establishing position, and he was prone to taking awful penalties. I hope he develops well and becomes successful but at the same time it's disappointing that he chose not to continue to work towards being successful at this level, which likely would serve him better in his professional career.
                              Agreed. There could also be an issue of a lack of confidence that geeing to a weaker league might help. Maybe not the best thing for him long-term, but might give him a jolt in the short term.

                              I mentioned when someone else was leaving, if I was a parent, and my kid was supposed to make the NHL someday, and all of a sudden that may not be the case - wouldn't that be the time to be thankful that you went the NCAA route and are getting a free degree from a good school? I know that isn't how someone like the Bellows' family is likely to think since he was a first-rounder, but I felt that way for Kurker for sure, and even more so for Myron, who was a late rounder I believe. Now Kurker at least stuck with the NCAA route and got his degree (I assume).
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                              Comment


                              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Agreed. There could also be an issue of a lack of confidence that geeing to a weaker league might help. Maybe not the best thing for him long-term, but might give him a jolt in the short term.

                                I mentioned when someone else was leaving, if I was a parent, and my kid was supposed to make the NHL someday, and all of a sudden that may not be the case - wouldn't that be the time to be thankful that you went the NCAA route and are getting a free degree from a good school? I know that isn't how someone like the Bellows' family is likely to think since he was a first-rounder, but I felt that way for Kurker for sure, and even more so for Myron, who was a late rounder I believe. Now Kurker at least stuck with the NCAA route and got his degree (I assume).
                                one can always go back at age 24 or 27 or 30 and finish their degree.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X