Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: bu off-season - #1

    Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I definitely thought this would bring Chad Switzer out of posting retirement! I'm disappointed he has not posted. Congrats to Chucky No-Goals, though!
    I do have to admit that after I posted this, and after looking at the full list, I did do some questioning of the voters myself

    I haven't followed things that closely, but the goalie for Canisius got First team? And Adam Fox? I know he is a good player, but is he THAT good already?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

    Comment


    • Re: bu off-season - #1

      Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I do have to admit that after I posted this, and after looking at the full list, I did do some questioning of the voters myself

      I haven't followed things that closely, but the goalie for Canisius got First team? And Adam Fox? I know he is a good player, but is he THAT good already?
      Yes, Fox is THAT good already.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

      Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

      BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

      Comment


      • Re: bu off-season - #1

        Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I do have to admit that after I posted this, and after looking at the full list, I did do some questioning of the voters myself

        I haven't followed things that closely, but the goalie for Canisius got First team? And Adam Fox? I know he is a good player, but is he THAT good already?
        Yeah, I don't agree with the Canisius goalie. He might have had some big numbers, but he plays against much weaker competition. We'll never see him in the NHL. If he was actually the best goalie in the east, he wouldn't be playing for Canisius.

        I didn't really think McAvoy deserved it, but after thinking about it, who deserved it more? I think there are a bunch of players to contend for the four D spots, but I don't know who you would pick over him.

        Comment


        • Re: bu off-season - #1

          JFK is playing for the Bruins today. Centering Belesky and Stafford. Good luck to him!
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

          Comment


          • Originally posted by defkit View Post
            JFK is playing for the Bruins today. Centering Belesky and Stafford. Good luck to him!
            And as Pierre Maquire just labeled him "Patrice Bergeron" funny how good guys are when you don't watch them play!

            Comment


            • Re: bu off-season - #1

              Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              And as Pierre Maquire just labeled him "Patrice Bergeron" funny how good guys are when you don't watch them play!
              They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

              Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

              Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
              Go BU!

              Comment


              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

                Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

                Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
                This is from an article on ESPN:

                If the Bruins need reinforcements, they could recall Matt Grzelcyk or Tommy Cross from Providence of the AHL. The Bruins have until 5 p.m. Sunday to add Charlie McAvoy to the roster for the playoffs. However, if he signs an entry-level contract and plays, he will burn a year of eligibility on his contract, and it's unlikely the Bruins will take that chance and allow the former first-round pick (No. 14 overall) out of Boston University to reach free agency early.

                Comment


                • Re: bu off-season - #1

                  Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                  They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

                  Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

                  Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
                  Grzelcyk is much more ready than McAvoy. He not as big or as powerful a skater, but his instincts are much better, he moves the puck just as well, and he won't make the glaring errors that McAvoy has been prone to do, due to his inexperience.

                  Comment


                  • Re: bu off-season - #1

                    McAvoy has singed his ELC. Looks like the brass felt he was the best option from Providence to help with the injuries to Krug and Carlo.

                    Also saw a tweet that Eichel missed out on a $2m bonus by missing being in the Top 10 for PPG, by .01. Going scoreless in the last 2 games didn't help. But boy that is tough!
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                    Comment


                    • Re: bu off-season - #1

                      Any Idea what the OOC schedule will look like next year ? going by the last couple of years - Seems like the Denver and Michigan trips this year were return trips for home games in 2015-16, as were the home games versus Harvard/Yale and QPAC .

                      Besides Cornell @ MSG , any idea what the OOC opponents will be... H VS Colgate ? @ Sacred Heart ?

                      Comment


                      • Re: bu off-season - #1

                        Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
                        Any Idea what the OOC schedule will look like next year ? going by the last couple of years - Seems like the Denver and Michigan trips this year were return trips for home games in 2015-16, as were the home games versus Harvard/Yale and QPAC .

                        Besides Cornell @ MSG , any idea what the OOC opponents will be... H VS Colgate ? @ Sacred Heart ?
                        Denver comes here for one, we don't play at Sacred Heart, we go to QU, I heard over the weekend in Chicago Mankato comes here for two (we're there in 18-19) and there's either two games @ASU or we're playing in the Desert Hockey Classic out there. There was talk in the schedules thread of a BU-Penn State series, but I haven't heard that elsewhere. The games above plus RHH and Beanpot total nine.
                        \_(ツ)_/

                        Comment


                        • Re: bu off-season - #1

                          Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Denver comes here for one, we don't play at Sacred Heart, we go to QU, I heard over the weekend in Chicago Mankato comes here for two (we're there in 18-19) and there's either two games @ASU or we're playing in the Desert Hockey Classic out there. There was talk in the schedules thread of a BU-Penn State series, but I haven't heard that elsewhere. The games above plus RHH and Beanpot total nine.
                          I heard @ Union is the 10th non-conference game. Open the regular season there.

                          Comment


                          • Re: bu off-season - #1

                            Any idea when Denver is slated to come in? Trying to travel more this season to see new teams, never saw Denver play before and it would be worth a quick train ride north.
                            "Never tell me the odds"

                            http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

                            Comment


                            • Re: bu off-season - #1

                              Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Any idea when Denver is slated to come in? Trying to travel more this season to see new teams, never saw Denver play before and it would be worth a quick train ride north.
                              No idea, but all games between DU and BU and BC during this deal between the schools have been in October.
                              \_(ツ)_/

                              Comment


                              • Re: bu off-season - #1

                                Well, incredibly, Charlie's first game as a Bruin will be in the PLAYOFFS. This could go either way. Hopefully it won't set him back. Quite a challenge, for sure!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X