Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

I've seen videos & pics - yeah, half that stuff looks like its a different place.

Dave - thanks for the invite. I'm a civilian now, so not gonna be able to visit the press box without some strings being pulled. I miss radio & I don't... I'm sure you understand.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Fellow (former?) poster Cathockey posted the link to Doan's funeral service information.
      https://www.sootoday.com/obituaries/...-varnus-676081

My heart aches. Days after hearing the news. This is the second summer in a row the Wildcat family has lost a young alumnus of the program.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I sat and watch the team practice this week, my son had practice after so why not. They were just doing a scrimmage so no coaches or anything. They looked good out there, looked like a few extras were on the ice with them, Florek might have been among them, but it hard to tell when they all wear the same gear.

They had a lot of energy and it was funny to see them trying to hit the top corners since they were using the nets for kids.
        2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

I wonder how many NMU Hockey team players are in Marquette right now for these Summer workouts at The Berry???? Are they volunteer unsupervised workouts???? Does anybody know when the "Official" NMU Hockey team training camp starts for the upcoming 2017-18 season and what are the NCAA D1 rules for off-season workouts????

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
            I wonder how many NMU Hockey team players are in Marquette right now for these Summer workouts at The Berry???? Are they volunteer unsupervised workouts???? Does anybody know when the "Official" NMU Hockey team training camp starts for the upcoming 2017-18 season and what are the NCAA D1 rules for off-season workouts????
            They can't be coached in the summer. Coaches can't participate at all. I believe they can skate up to 8 hrs. per week, no more than four in a day. Coaching time on a limited basis begins once school starts. Full time instruction really doesn't begin until the final week leading up to the opening game. This is just a rough assessment from memory. I'm sure it's better defined somewhere in NCAA Literature, but I couldn't find it quickly.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Yeah I've seen them playing 2 times now, never a coach in sight. Just simple 5 on 5 with goalies. Looks like a few maybe 3-4 players are just playing so there are enough on the ice.
              2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                They can't be coached in the summer. Coaches can't participate at all. I believe they can skate up to 8 hrs. per week, no more than four in a day. Coaching time on a limited basis begins once school starts. Full time instruction really doesn't begin until the final week leading up to the opening game. This is just a rough assessment from memory. I'm sure it's better defined somewhere in NCAA Literature, but I couldn't find it quickly.
                Could be wrong but not sure about the only 8 hrs a week on the ice. How would anyone control that? There for sure is no coach watching, let alone instructing.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Could be wrong but not sure about the only 8 hrs a week on the ice. How would anyone control that? There for sure is no coach watching, let alone instructing.
                  Self enforcement, mostly. With a dash of NCAA investigations. Loose lips sink ships.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Commissioner Bill Robertson discusses state of the WCHA Conference

August 1st, 2017

Robertson mentioned Northern Michigan University’s impressive turnaround during the second half of last season and the amazing shutout run of five straight games by NMU goaltender Atte Tolvanen. He also praised the hire of head coach Grant Potulny, calling him “one of the top young coaching minds in college hockey.”

Another issue that the WCHA is trying to resolve is attendance issues at some arenas. NMU was one school that had to deal with this problem the last few years and Robertson said the league is looking at solutions. One idea being considered is changing game days or times.

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                      Commissioner Bill Robertson discusses state of the WCHA Conference

August 1st, 2017

Robertson mentioned Northern Michigan University’s impressive turnaround during the second half of last season and the amazing shutout run of five straight games by NMU goaltender Atte Tolvanen. He also praised the hire of head coach Grant Potulny, calling him “one of the top young coaching minds in college hockey.”

Another issue that the WCHA is trying to resolve is attendance issues at some arenas. NMU was one school that had to deal with this problem the last few years and Robertson said the league is looking at solutions. One idea being considered is changing game days or times.
                      Please provide a link or a reference to the original material when quoting.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Please provide a link or a reference to the original material when quoting.
                        We've asked many times. Still does this.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Asked "many times"???? Sorry pal time to get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                            Asked "many times"???? Sorry pal time to get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Many times or one time, doesn't matter. You've been asked to provide sources or links, and you don't.

And I'm not your pal, buddy.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

As someone who runs a site that provides quite a bit of original content I can speak for others who do the same: please provide links to any material you copy and paste from other sources.

It's stealing at worst and plagiarism at best.
                              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                                As someone who runs a site that provides quite a bit of original content I can speak for others who do the same: please provide links to any material you copy and paste from other sources.

It's stealing at worst and plagiarism at best.
                                This. A thousand times, this. Long time readers of this forum may remember that I USED to work in radio, with a college hockey weekly show that was online. Guess what? I don't do that anymore, because people get info from people who plagiarize stuff & I couldn't afford to keep that job. So, no matter how many times you've been asked, cite your sources & stop being an ***
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X