Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

I wonder who was behind this schedule change - NMU or UAH????

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
      I wonder who was behind this schedule change - NMU or UAH????
      Coulda been the Huntsville Havoc. The change is probably good for everyone but me. Team was way overloaded with road games in the first half and not much on the road after the Anchorage series.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Coulda been the Huntsville Havoc. The change is probably good for everyone but me. Team was way overloaded with road games in the first half and not much on the road after the Anchorage series.
        does this help break up UAH's crazy home/away stretches that UAH had?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          does this help break up UAH's crazy home/away stretches that UAH had?
          It helps with both theirs & ours
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Throws a wrench into the gears of my travel plans. Oh well.

Now if the God of Hockey Scheduling can have the Red Wings play at the Golden Knights within a day or two of NMU's Vegas trip, all will be put right.
            "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              I expect that it had to do with us flipping the home-and-home with ASU.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post
                Throws a wrench into the gears of my travel plans. Oh well.

Now if the God of Hockey Scheduling can have the Red Wings play at the Golden Knights within a day or two of NMU's Vegas trip, all will be put right.
                I was actually hoping for the same thing with the Blackhawks
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Former Marquette/NMU Hockey player Justin Florek signs with the Iserlohn Roosters of the German Hockey League (DEL)????

May 25th, 2017

MILWAUKEE — Former Northern Michigan hockey star Justin Florek (6'4" 210lbs) has signed a one–year contract with the German club Iserlohn Roosters of the DEL (German Hockey League). This past season, the Marquette–native spent time with the AHL’s Milwaukee Admirals, scoring 30 points off 12 goals and 18 assists in 75 games. He was drafted in the fifth round back in 2010 by the Boston Bruins, playing in six career playoffs and even scoring a goal against the Detroit Red Wings. The Roosters are coming off a season where they went (17–27) and missed out on the playoffs.

Florek joined the Admirals initial Training Camp and quickly won himself a contract. His run prior to the Admirals featured a very great résumé. He was drafted in the fifth round of the 2010 NHL Draft by the Boston Bruins where he would go on to play 4 career games in the NHL as well as 6 career games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He scored a goal during both of those runs in the NHL with the Bruins but his career would shift to the AHL with the Providence Bruins and then for the 2015-16 season he joined the New York Islanders organization where he played for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Once Florek joined the Admirals for the 2016-17 season he seemed to be a perfect fit. And the man who enjoyed his 27th birthday yesterday managed to erase what was a rough season for him with the Sound Tigers. Florek produced 30 points (12 goals, 18 assists) in 75 games for the Admirals this past season. That’s the most goals he scored since the 2013-14 season with the Bruins in the AHL – the same season that earned him those chances in the NHL.

Comment

It's fun seeing "where are they now" from NMU alumni on Facebook, and it seems that many of them went pro in something other than sports.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

From the viewpoint of the NMU/Tech rivalry, who do the Northern fans hope does not find their way to Houghton.
                      The rivalry has been one sided most recently with NMU handing it to us on a regular occasion before the last couple years of Tech dominance. The Tech faithful acknowledged the "impressed" feeling with the hire of Grant Potulny and expect heated games very soon once again in the WCHA and standings. Do you have impressions of who you would absolutely not want to see take the helm of your rival in order to gain the advantage of new coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I was actually hoping for the same thing with the Blackhawks

Perhaps the Wings on one side and the Hawks on the other. Make it a four game road trip. More time for the wife to gamble. I was planning to catch a Knights game, if scheduled adjacent to the NMU games, regardless.
                        "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          From the viewpoint of the NMU/Tech rivalry, who do the Northern fans hope does not find their way to Houghton.
                          The rivalry has been one sided most recently with NMU handing it to us on a regular occasion before the last couple years of Tech dominance. The Tech faithful acknowledged the "impressed" feeling with the hire of Grant Potulny and expect heated games very soon once again in the WCHA and standings. Do you have impressions of who you would absolutely not want to see take the helm of your rival in order to gain the advantage of new coaches?
                          There is no particular coach NMU fans should not want. I'm sure whomever Tech hires will be capable of running a good program.

Comment

MTU To Name New Hockey Coach Tuesday Morning

May 28th, 2017

HOUGHTON, Mich. – Michigan Tech will announce its new head hockey coach on Tuesday (May 30th). The school will hold a 9:30 a.m. press conference on the concourse level of the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.

Husky hockey fans can watch the press conference for free on Facebook. The video link will appear when the stream begins at facebook.com/michigantech.

The event is open to the public and fans can sit in the arena seating and watch on the video board.

There will be a reception in the suites after the press conference to welcome the 22nd coach of the Michigan Tech hockey team.

Comment

Congrats to Joe Shawhan on being named the next head coach of MTU. Wonder if he'll name John Kyle as an assistant?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Congrats to Joe Shawhan on being named the next head coach of MTU. Wonder if he'll name John Kyle as an assistant?
                                Ahhhh no

Comment

Working...
                                X