• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Should be some real quality there. Duluth will likely take a slight step back, but will still be good. NoDak is NoDak. Air Force was looking like Top 15 material before their goalie announcement, but should still be decent, and Princeton is on the rise (had a handful of recruits in the latest Central Scouting service rankings that came out today).
    Yeah, it will be a good one, I think. I just hope the Green can get some wins in there.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Here is what I have heard but not seen yet:

Bemidji with Duluth, home and home, October 13 and 14
    Air Force at Bemidji, October 20 and 21
    Bemidji and North Dakota, home and home, January 12 and 13
    Bemidji at Princeton unknown at this time (Thanksgiving or New Year's maybe?)
    Should be some real quality there. Duluth will likely take a slight step back, but will still be good. NoDak is NoDak. Air Force was looking like Top 15 material before their goalie announcement, but should still be decent, and Princeton is on the rise (had a handful of recruits in the latest Central Scouting service rankings that came out today).

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Here is what I have heard but not seen yet:

Bemidji with Duluth, home and home, October 13 and 14
    Air Force at Bemidji, October 20 and 21
    Bemidji and North Dakota, home and home, January 12 and 13
    Bemidji at Princeton unknown at this time (Thanksgiving or New Year's maybe?)

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Congrats to Beaver Senior Brendan Harms on being named the 2017 Senior CLASS Award winner!

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/ne...r-class-award/

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    And, of course, the league is considering changes for 18-19, including dropping to 24 conference games.
    I've been trying to noodle my way through an arrangement that works for that where there's not a long-term rotation of the schedule. You can't get to one Alaska trip a year for every league team: eight trips means that there are only five home league dates for each team in a world where each team gets six home WCHA weekends.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Note: this is a thought experiment for me with anyone else interested getting to read it. I was basing two-in-nine based off of a draft presentation that UAH went to the WCHA with in their bid to get into the league.

With the current group you have, non-Alaska schools play five groups:
    A: Rival, 4x guaranteed
    B: $Alaska and one other
    C: $Alaska and one other
    D: Two others
    E: Two others

Each year, you play one of B or C and D or E home-and-away. When you play B four times, you play C twice; the same for D and E.

What isn't clear: do the groups shift after four years? Obviously B and C will split the Alaskas every time, but would there be other considerations? As an example, would you try to split up the UP schools for Bemidji/Huntsville/Mankato (i.e., not putting two of the three in D or E). I haven't looked at the pairings for 13-14 through 16-17, but if I can find time, I'll do that and see how it's happening.

GFM <— apologizes for a bad memory
    And, of course, the league is considering changes for 18-19, including dropping to 24 conference games.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Note: this is a thought experiment for me with anyone else interested getting to read it. I was basing two-in-nine based off of a draft presentation that UAH went to the WCHA with in their bid to get into the league.

With the current group you have, non-Alaska schools play five groups:
    A: Rival, 4x guaranteed
    B: $Alaska and one other
    C: $Alaska and one other
    D: Two others
    E: Two others

Each year, you play one of B or C and D or E home-and-away. When you play B four times, you play C twice; the same for D and E.

What isn't clear: do the groups shift after four years? Obviously B and C will split the Alaskas every time, but would there be other considerations? As an example, would you try to split up the UP schools for Bemidji/Huntsville/Mankato (i.e., not putting two of the three in D or E). I haven't looked at the pairings for 13-14 through 16-17, but if I can find time, I'll do that and see how it's happening.

GFM <— apologizes for a bad memory

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

We're at Huntsville too. It's the same lineup as 2013-14 and the mirror of 2015-16. Four year rotation evens everything out, according to the league office. UAH has been to both Alaskas twice in 4 years. So has Bemidji.
    BSU will be racking up the miles next year.... At Fairbanks, at Huntsville, at Bowling Green, at Ferris, at the Soo. Five of the six longest trips for the Beavers, just missing Anchorage....

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Who did y'all **** off?

GFM
    We're at Huntsville too. It's the same lineup as 2013-14 and the mirror of 2015-16. Four year rotation evens everything out, according to the league office. UAH has been to both Alaskas twice in 4 years. So has Bemidji.
    Last edited by davyd83; 04-05-2017, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

NMU has been at both Alaskas twice in four years and will do it again this year.
    Who did y'all **** off?

GFM

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    We say that mirroring thing, but that doesn't really work — each team is due to go to Alaska twice in one season just twice in nine seasons, so there's not symmetry.

That said, I welcome the shot to take the rodents down!

GFM
    NMU has been at both Alaskas twice in four years and will do it again this year.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

We say that mirroring thing, but that doesn't really work — each team is due to go to Alaska twice in one season just twice in nine seasons, so there's not symmetry.

That said, I welcome the shot to take the rodents down!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

The 2017-18 WCHA schedule is supposed to mirror the 2015-16 schedule with the sites of the opponents you only played twice flipped. If that is the case, the Beavers' schedule next year would be:

Four games with:
    -Mankato
    -Huntsville
    -Alaska
    -Lake Superior
    -Ferris

Two games at home with:
    -Anchorage
    -Northern

Two games on the road with:
    -Bowling Green
    -Michigan Tech

Non-conference games:
    -Two with Air Force
    -Two at Princeton
    -Home and Home with Duluth
    -Home and Home with North Dakota

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Former Beaver Matt Read broke his are last week and will miss the Flyers' last five games. Rumor is he will be left unprotected in the expansion draft and would be available for the new Las Vegas team.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    That is about all for now, discuss!
    Beavers chew.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X