Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    I decided to watch the Olympics and listen to the Beaver Radio Network on my phone. Did it ever start working?
    Yep. I watched most of the second, all of the third and all of the OT no problem.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Yep. I watched most of the second, all of the third and all of the OT no problem.
      I had no problem as well -- stream was on all game long. The WCHA tweeted that Stretch had made an update to their player which was causing the "not available" message on Macs, and that clearing the browser cache and refreshing should work.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        This scenario was discussed in the WCHA thread. I fear that ship has sailed with NMU and BG each losing once since this scenario was discussed. Looks like the best we can do is Mankato losing in the final game to get 2 in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6594617
        Really? I mean they would obviously need some help but Northern is still at 16 in the pairwise and 17 in the polls. While being just outside of the media poll. Their RPI is pretty good as well. Their SOS and Krach obviously hurt but I think if they won out all the way to the wcha playoffs and lost to bemidji or bg there would still be a decent chance of 3. Granted I'm relatively new to the whole college hockey thing so I could be way off.
        Last edited by BSUBeavs; 02-17-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
          Really? I mean they would obviously need some help but Northern is still at 16 in the pairwise and 17 in the polls. While being just outside of the media poll. Their RPI is pretty good as well. Their SOS and Krach obviously hurt but I think if they won out all the way to the wcha playoffs and lost to bemidji or bg there would still be a decent chance of 3. Granted I'm relatively new to the whole college hockey thing so I could be way off.
          The issue tends to be upsets in the conference tournaments that put someone that isn't in the top 16 of the Pairwise into the NCAAs. To be safe, you usually need to be in the top 12-14 of the Pairwise.

Very seldom is a team from Atlantic Hockey in the top 16, so that takes one spot, so you are down to 15.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Decent first period by the Beavers gives them a 2-1 lead over Tech.
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Decent first period by the Beavers gives them a 2-1 lead over Tech.
              WOOHOOO TECH!

gfm
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Was attendance down for a reason last night, or does BSU not get many fans normally?
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Was attendance down for a reason last night, or does BSU not get many fans normally?
                  Not sure if anything was going on in the Bemidji area ladt night. But since the realignment, BSU has seeen their attendance drop. Last year they blamed it on the TV coverage of home games and pulled them this year, but that hasn't helped.

As for the game, ugh. You can't play 16 minutes of the third period on the penalty kill and expect to win. The Beavers only gave up one goal in those 16 minutes, but they were gassed fornthe other four minutes, giving up a goal off a faceoff and then an empty netter.

Same two teams tonight!
                  Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Bemidji averages 3034 a game third in the WCHA behind MT and Mankato. Disappointing to see only a couple of thousand in the seats last night for a playoff game. Beavers will be much more disciplined tonight in a win over MT.

Comment

Holy smokes, watched the wcha tv feed from Bemidji last night......I think you guys win the trophy for most advertisements on the cube. ****....Almost unwatchable with all the adverts at every whistle...

Looking forward to a good fast paced game tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                        Holy smokes, watched the wcha tv feed from Bemidji last night......I think you guys win the trophy for most advertisements on the cube. ****....Almost unwatchable with all the adverts at every whistle...

Looking forward to a good fast paced game tonight!
                        Agreed, it is bad. All those ads are the ones that show up on the scoreboard during the game.
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Agreed, it is bad. All those ads are the ones that show up on the scoreboard during the game.
                          The biggest issue I had was how they show the players pictures when they do goal announcements, I get that it's the in arena feed, but you miss a good 30+ seconds of live play on the WCHA.tv broadcast because of it.
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            The biggest issue I had was how they show the players pictures when they do goal announcements, I get that it's the in arena feed, but you miss a good 30+ seconds of live play on the WCHA.tv broadcast because of it.
                            Tech uses an in-arena feed, too.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Tech uses an in-arena feed, too.

GFM
                              I know, I on't have an issue with the fact it's an in arena feed, the issue is that they cover the video with stuff during live action, that is something Tech does not do.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                I know, I on't have an issue with the fact it's an in arena feed, the issue is that they cover the video with stuff during live action, that is something Tech does not do.
                                Yeah, it's a problem. The move from Lakeland TV was short-sighted for very many reasons. The school should've negotiated a better financial arrangement.

Also, Bemidji fans, I love ya: https://***********/weloveuahhockey/...99995059998721

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X