Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Ahh @$!#$#*$#*@!*@@*#***$@!*@*#$!
    Ryan J
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. He could've used another year or two in college. Next season, if he splits time between the AHL and the Ducks, good for him. If he ends up spending his time down in the ECHL then it's another case of a kid having the wrong influences whispering in his ear and waving some cash under his nose

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Hard to say his stock would get higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        Yep, my thoughts exactly. He could've used another year or two in college. Next season, if he splits time between the AHL and the Ducks, good for him. If he ends up spending his time down in the ECHL then it's another case of a kid having the wrong influences whispering in his ear and waving some cash under his nose
        If he at least sticks in the AHL his first year, then he probably made the right decision. Otherwise, I agree.

Going to be an interesting competition between Kero and Beydoun early next season.

Comment

For sure goaltending is going to again be a huge question mark. Hopefully Kero has made some progress and is ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Hard to say his stock would get higher.
            He wasn't as good in the second half.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Going to be an interesting competition between Kero and Beydoun early next season.
              Well at this time last year, who of us thought Redmond would see the ice at all this year for anything other than mop-up duty. I guess we'll just have to trust the staff has filled the pipeline as needed.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

What I've inferred/guessed thus far:

10/6/2017 Union - NC, Icebreaker in Duluth
                10/7/2017 Minnesota / Minnesota-Duluth - NC, Icebreaker in Duluth
                10/13/2017 at Lake Superior State
                10/14/2017 at Lake Superior State
                10/20/2017 Home Opener - TBD
                10/21/2017 Home Opener - TBD
                11/17/2017 at Alaska
                11/18/2017 at Alaska
                11/24/2017 at Alaska-Anchorage
                11/25/2017 at Alaska-Anchorage
                12/29/2017 Michigan State - NC, GLI
                12/30/2017 Michigan / Bowling Green - NC, GLI
                1/5/2018 Vegas Tourney - TBD
                1/6/2018 Vegas Tourney - TBD
                2/9/2018 Bemidji State? - WC
                2/10/2018 Bemidji State? - WC

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Well at this time last year, who of us thought Redmond would see the ice at all this year for anything other than mop-up duty. I guess we'll just have to trust the staff has filled the pipeline as needed.
                Ryan J
                I don't know about "mop-up duty", but there was certainly a lot of goaltending doubt last year.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-31-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I think it's a great opportunity for Beef, and also a net positive for the team when a couple of these underclass men get contracts. It's inspiring, clarifies every player's goals... lights a fire under battles for playing time (quality practices) and most important is a huge positive for recruiting. Beef will be missed but will also be replaced, I'm looking for Kero to get another shot in the fall. I think he's still the most athletic high school goalie I've seen, and another year of coaching will refine the technique.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Well at this time last year, who of us thought Redmond would see the ice at all this year for anything other than mop-up duty. I guess we'll just have to trust the staff has filled the pipeline as needed.Ryan J
                    Two things

1. Believe in tMel
                    2. We should have had a better year.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      I think he's still the most athletic high school goalie I've seen, and another year of coaching will refine the technique.
                      I still worry about his overall size, even at 6'1" (allegedly), he looks a bit diminutive. He'll definitely need to be athletic.

Comment

Wonder if 4/6 D leaving influenced the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Wonder if 4/6 D leaving influenced the decision.
                          Really 3 of 6, or if you insist on counting Leibinger then 4 of 7. Still have Auk, Burks, and Reinke back... not too shabby.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If he at least sticks in the AHL his first year, then he probably made the right decision. Otherwise, I agree.

Passing on the contract & signing bonus is a huge gamble. NMU's Mathias Dahlstrom attracted a lot of attention from scouts his first year and the first half of his second. Then suffered a knee injury in a goal crease pile up. He didn't regain health until midway through the next season. His stock plummeted. With the way the nets are getting crashed these days, you're one play away from losing that money. I've seen players turn down deals, then not have as good a year, whether they themselves didn't play as well or the supporting cast wasn't as good.

As for playing in the ECHL, it has proven to be a good way for goaltenders to see a lot of playing time and get their feet wet at the pro level. One need look no further than your former assistant Steve Shields as an example. Many times, the ECHL starter is the #4 goalie in the organization, getting playing time as opposed to being an AHL backup. You also see NHL teams who have a strong #1 keep their second ranked keeper in the AHL to get playing time. Good luck to Angus.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Passing on the contract & signing bonus is a huge gamble. NMU's Mathias Dahlstrom attracted a lot of attention from scouts his first year and the first half of his second. Then suffered a knee injury in a goal crease pile up. He didn't regain health until midway through the next season. His stock plummeted. With the way the nets are getting crashed these days, you're one play away from losing that money. I've seen players turn down deals, then not have as good a year, whether they themselves didn't play as well or the supporting cast wasn't as good.

As for playing in the ECHL, it has proven to be a good way for goaltenders to see a lot of playing time and get their feet wet at the pro level. One need look no further than your former assistant Steve Shields as an example. Many times, the ECHL starter is the #4 goalie in the organization, getting playing time as opposed to being an AHL backup. You also see NHL teams who have a strong #1 keep their second ranked keeper in the AHL to get playing time. Good luck to Angus.
                              please name someone more recent? The last like 5 goalies of the year in the SCHL have barely gotten a sniff of the A, let alone the NHL.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                please name someone more recent? The last like 5 goalies of the year in the SCHL have barely gotten a sniff of the A, let alone the NHL.
                                Ever heard of Jonathan Quick (LA), Mike Smith (Arizona) or Devan Dubnyk (Minnesota)? Aaron Dell (San Jose), Scott Darling (Chicago) or Jared Coreau (Detroit)? Jared left a year early, started in the ECHL and made his NHL debut this year.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 04-01-2017, 02:05 PM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X