Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UW vs UMD... no outrageous predictions this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW vs UMD... no outrageous predictions this week.

Originally posted by beersong View Post
    We're extremely fortunate to have a "state-wide" broadcast of tUMD hockey. I would venture a guess there were no more than 6 people (including me and the wife) watching the game in the entire state of Minnesota (outside of the Duluth/Range area). The quality sucks, but it's better than B2 and definitely better than listening on the radio.

The radio color guy is the strength and conditioning coach at tUMD so he is obviously an extreme homer. I often wonder why they don't have a "professional" opposite Ciskie but I'm sure the answer is $$$.
    We will be watching the game here in Rochester..... Go Bucky
    Yearly College Hockey Trips
    St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
    North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
    Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
    Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
    Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
    Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
    Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
    Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
    St. Cloud - Great Band
    Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Wow watched the game on b2 and the Duluth announcers absolutely HATE the Badgers. I've never heard announcers just rip an opposing team like that, they definetely didnt have any love for Geoffrion... not that i minded it too much they were actually pretty funny and seemed to know the game pretty well.

Announcer Quote: "I absolutely despise the Wisconsin Badger program."

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by drewski192 View Post
        Wow watched the game on b2 and the Duluth announcers absolutely HATE the Badgers. I've never heard announcers just rip an opposing team like that, they definetely didnt have any love for Geoffrion... not that i minded it too much they were actually pretty funny and seemed to know the game pretty well.

Announcer Quote: "I absolutely despise the Wisconsin Badger program."

Very nice
        Sarcasm is not detectable on the internet. So I am taking your comments serious.

It was nice!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I never heard the UMD announcers on Charter extra say they hate UW, there must be different guys calling the games.

I know the refs in the WCHA suck, but good golly this series was a clinic on reffing patheticness. It sucked both ways. Some UMD guy threw a classic great hipcheck on UW's McD, and they called clipping. It was a great hipcheck. Davies got got brushed in the face by a UMD stick and he went down like he got shot in the head. He made Robbie Earl look like an ametuer. Geffrion just simply checked a guy clean and got 2 minutes. Right now, I can't tell you what a penalty looks like anyore based on what I saw this weekend.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I never heard the UMD announcers on Charter extra say they hate UW, there must be different guys calling the games.

I know the refs in the WCHA suck, but good golly this series was a clinic on reffing patheticness. It sucked both ways. Some UMD guy threw a classic great hipcheck on UW's McD, and they called clipping. It was a great hipcheck. Davies got got brushed in the face by a UMD stick and he went down like he got shot in the head. He made Robbie Earl look like an ametuer. Geffrion just simply checked a guy clean and got 2 minutes. Right now, I can't tell you what a penalty looks like anyore based on what I saw this weekend.
            I wholeheartedly agree. Watching the WCHA regularly, I am used to pis$ poor reffing but I swear the crew this weekend was going for some sort of record. I am also pretty objective when it comes to calls, but both teams got royally screwed at a darn fast clip. Speaking of clipping (or not), I am a sucker for a good hipcheck. The one on McD was a beautiful hit, and I am truly sorry it was called.

Are the refs for the CRC WCHA?
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Theres no shame in a weekend split with a team like UM-D. I would have loved to have seen the Badgers win both, but taking 2 points isnt bad.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                I wholeheartedly agree. Watching the WCHA regularly, I am used to pis$ poor reffing but I swear the crew this weekend was going for some sort of record. I am also pretty objective when it comes to calls, but both teams got royally screwed at a darn fast clip. Speaking of clipping (or not), I am a sucker for a good hipcheck. The one on McD was a beautiful hit, and I am truly sorry it was called.

Are the refs for the CRC WCHA?
                As a UMD season ticket holder, we get to see this crew A LOT! It seems that we ALWAYS have D. Shep. and Anderson, and their are AWFUL refs! I really feel as though tUMD got shafted on the calls in the first game (in particular the 3rd period), and WI really got shafted saturday night. Did the calls change the outcome of either game...maybe? IDK. All I know, is Shep. and Anderson are the definition of inconsistency.
                SCREW the UMTC!!

Comment

I agree as well. The officiating this weekend was worse than most WCHA officiating, and that is saying something. If one hit is a two minute boarding call, then the same hit the next period should be a two minute boarding call, not a 5 plus a game misconduct. The dive by Davies should have been a high stick for UMD plus an unsportsmanlike for the dive.

The clipping call was absolutely bullsh*t. Clipping is when a player dives at the knees of an opposing player. Bergman did a beautiful hip check to the Wisconsin player, and the Wisconsin player seeing it coming decided to try to jump over the hip check. That's why he got hit low and thats why he did a flip. Terrible call.

And don't get me started on the linesman, #90, trying for a picture perfect faceoff both nights. I've never seen that many players get thrown out of a faceoff ever.

If anything, the refs just need to be consistent. They let stuff go and then call little ticky-tack stuff, this is confusing for the players and interferes with the flow of the game. I also didn't like Anderson chewing out Reiter after he flipped the puck down the ice. You're an adult in charge of controlling the game yet you're in the face of a college athlete because he irked you? Get off your ego trip and either call a penalty or let it go.
                  University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                  2007 Alumni
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                  NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                  National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                    And don't get me started on the linesman, #90, trying for a picture perfect faceoff both nights. I've never seen that many players get thrown out of a faceoff ever.
                    I took particular notice to that guy, #90, as well. Was he the Faceoff Nazi (ala the Soup Nazi) or what? My word, just drop the f-ing puck. I was ready to throw the remote at the tv.

At UW home games if the Linesman takes too long, a little cheer goes up after some percussion and we all chant in unison, "Drop the puck". I tell you, had that game with #90 been @ UW, the entire crowd would have lost their voices chanting that - and "assswhole".

So, feel free to let it rip!

Comment

I took particular notice to that guy, #90, as well. Was he the Faceoff Nazi (ala the Soup Nazi) or what? My word, just drop the f-ing puck. I was ready to throw the remote at the tv.

At UW home games if the Linesman takes too long, a little cheer goes up after some percussion and we all chant in unison, "Drop the puck". I tell you, had that game with #90 been @ UW, the entire crowd would have lost their voices chanting that - and "assswhole".

So, feel free to let it rip!
                      "Puck Nazi" has a better ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                        Theres no shame in a weekend split with a team like UM-D. I would have loved to have seen the Badgers win both, but taking 2 points isnt bad.
                        The split isn't necessarily bad, it was how BAD UW played Saturday. Very concerning. I don't know how you can play like UW's 2006 team 1 night and 2010 Tech the next.

Comment

The split isn't necessarily bad, it was how BAD UW played Saturday. Very concerning. I don't know how you can play like UW's 2006 team 1 night and 2010 Tech the next.
                          I didn't think they played that bad on Saturday night, just couldn't bury the chances they had. I thought the UMD defense played much better Saturday. UW did a great job taking out the UMD PP, that full-ice forecheck on the PK was killing us throughout most of both games.

I don't think they played all that outstanding on Friday night either. The Friday night game could've gone either way, remember is was 3-2 until we decided to pull the goalie, and the third goal went in off our defender's shinguard.

A split is what I expected going into this weekend, and its what we got out of it. Wisconsin has a great program this year, and with that core group of defenders you can go far. I'm sure we'll meet again in the Final Five or maybe even in an NCAA regional.

One last note from this weekend that I'd like some Wisconsin posters to chime in on. Does Geoffrion always get into skirmishes like that? He seemed to always be the one jawing at the opposing team, and I counted numerous times where he came in on net well after the whistle to butt heads with our defensemen. Is that his style or was he particularly irked this weekend? It just seems out of place for someone who wears the "C". As a strategic move most coaches want a level headed guy to talk with the refs.
                          University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                          2007 Alumni
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                          NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                          National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            So UMD who has the the T6th worse scoring defense in the WCHA at 2.73 GPG is going to hold the #1 scoring offense in the league at 4.00 GPG to 5 goals on the weekend?? UW put 7 on DU who has the best goalie in the league, did Stalock come back or something??? I don't know how this weekends going to turn out as far as W-L-T but I expect more goal scoring then that this weekend.

One thing is for sure the WCHA picture will become a little closer to sorting itself out after this weekend, Unless there are a bunch of splits but I don't think thats going to happen.

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                              I didn't think they played that bad on Saturday night, just couldn't bury the chances they had. I thought the UMD defense played much better Saturday. UW did a great job taking out the UMD PP, that full-ice forecheck on the PK was killing us throughout most of both games.

I don't think they played all that outstanding on Friday night either. The Friday night game could've gone either way, remember is was 3-2 until we decided to pull the goalie, and the third goal went in off our defender's shinguard.

A split is what I expected going into this weekend, and its what we got out of it. Wisconsin has a great program this year, and with that core group of defenders you can go far. I'm sure we'll meet again in the Final Five or maybe even in an NCAA regional.

One last note from this weekend that I'd like some Wisconsin posters to chime in on. Does Geoffrion always get into skirmishes like that? He seemed to always be the one jawing at the opposing team, and I counted numerous times where he came in on net well after the whistle to butt heads with our defensemen. Is that his style or was he particularly irked this weekend? It just seems out of place for someone who wears the "C". As a strategic move most coaches want a level headed guy to talk with the refs.
                              He is BOOM-BOOM'S grandson

Comment

Originally posted by DtownDogs View Post
                                Yup.
                                We've tried to talk sense to him, tried to get him to tone down the predictions. But, apparently, he can't help himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X