Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UW vs UMD... no outrageous predictions this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW vs UMD... no outrageous predictions this week.

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    We've tried to talk sense to him, tried to get him to tone down the predictions. But, apparently, he can't help himself.

He was saying my prediction of a 7 goal weekend for UMD and a 5 goal weekend for UW was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DtownDogs View Post
      Yup.
      He's like someone who has been locked in a closet for a month. He just keeps stepping in his own **it.
      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

The officiating this weekend was the worst I've seen all year. As bad as the call on Bergman was, that wasn't even the worst part of the weekend. In Friday nights game, right before the Bull$hit high stick call on Lamb, while UMD was killing off the 5 min major, a puck got past McDonagh and was slowly making its way through the neutral zone. Fontaine made a break for the puck and about 10 feet before he gets to the puck McDonagh pinches him off in the boards. If McDonagh doesn't pinch him off, one of the best scorers in the WCHA is on a breakaway. It was blatantly obvious, then twenty seconds later Lamb gets two for that highstick? The amount of picks that went uncalled this weekend was just awful.

Also Anderson should be fined for his actions this weekend. I sit right behind the bench, so I can usually hear everything. In the second game late in the third a puck popped up high in the air and while it was still about 10 feet from the ice some UW player smoked Jack Connolly. tUMD bench was obviously upset about it and said some things to the officials. After they calmed down a bit and it was quieter Anderson yelled to one of the assistant coaches to "Get the ******* Down!" If you were in the first 10 rows behind the bench you would have heard it. That's just unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
          He's like someone who has been locked in a closet for a month. He just keeps stepping in his own **it.
          Oh man, I never heard that before. That was a real life lol!!

Re: Geoffrion, I think that's his way of taking the reins. He's the boisterous leader on the team. It kind of evolved over the years.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Anderson always shouts obscenities. He even swears at players. What a Mickey Mouse crew that is.
            tUMD

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
              One last note from this weekend that I'd like some Wisconsin posters to chime in on. Does Geoffrion always get into skirmishes like that? He seemed to always be the one jawing at the opposing team, and I counted numerous times where he came in on net well after the whistle to butt heads with our defensemen. Is that his style or was he particularly irked this weekend? It just seems out of place for someone who wears the "C". As a strategic move most coaches want a level headed guy to talk with the refs.
              Yeah, he tends to get in his fair share of incidents. I personally like a captain who is a firey competitor like that. It tends to get the rest of the team fired up as well. We have coach Eaves to be the level-headed one.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The split isn't necessarily bad, it was how BAD UW played Saturday. Very concerning. I don't know how you can play like UW's 2006 team 1 night and 2010 Tech the next.
                The Badgers seem to be somewhat up and down. Some days they play great and other days they look like a highschool team.
                It was the same was in the series with Minnesota. They played great on Friday and on Saturday they got blown out.
                I still say that with a team like UM-D, any time you can walk away with a weekend split; thats a good weekend.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                  The Badgers seem to be somewhat up and down. Some days they play great and other days they look like a highschool team.
                  It was the same was in the series with Minnesota. They played great on Friday and on Saturday they got blown out.
                  I still say that with a team like UM-D, any time you can walk away with a weekend split; thats a good weekend.
                  UW needs to play more consistantly well or the chance of an NCAA trophy getting added to the case is zero. They need to play like a well oiled machine at some point, and I think the point is now.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                    Say it all you want, but the fact of the matter is they did not improve their position in league standings. Splits ain't gonna get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                      The UMD radio guy made it sound like it was the cheapest hit he had ever seen and that Ramage should be booted tonight, the WCHA should suspend him from ever playing again, the U of W should withold any scholarship money from him, and Planned Parenthood should prevent him from ever having children. I thought the radio guy was a little overzealous in his description BUT I didn't see it, and he did. But it also did sound like he didn't think the refs had a very good night.

Has there been any action by the league or by UW? How is Huttel? I do know the league had a "busy" week with the Motzko reprimand and arguably having to spend hours to try to figure out how to spin the ineptitude of their officials into a public positive.

Comment

Has there been any action by the league or by UW? How is Huttel? I do know the league had a "busy" week with the Motzko reprimand and arguably having to spend hours to try to figure out how to spin the ineptitude of their officials into a public positive.
                        Not sure about the league, but word is that Huttel had a concussion but is doing well. Time will tell if there are lingering side effects but none have been mentioned so far.
                        University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                        2007 Alumni
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                        NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                        National Champions: 2011

Comment

Huttel is questionable for this weekend. We hope we don't have a Genoway situation on his hands.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                          X