2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

Clarkson opens with Penn State, Michigan, Western Mich, Western Mich, Minnesota, Minnesota, UMLowell and Providence.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      The schedule I am quoting is a Save the Date print out shared on the Yale Hockey facebook page. I double checked your schedule and the one I am quoting is showing New Hampshire at Yale on Nov 25 not Nov 26. I would save a picture of it here but this website won't allow it.
      BTW, one other thing: On the Facebook pictures, assuming you're on a PC, you should be able to right click the image and select "Copy Image Location", and then paste the URL here. Straight URLs like that don't require a Facebook account, as far as I know.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2265799&type=3 private group so it may not go through.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2265799&type=3 private group so it may not go through.
          That works, at least on this one. If you click on the image to bring it up in the modal (pop-up like thing with a darkened background), you can copy that image location and it should always work. Here's the example on this one: https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...93&oe=59D633FA

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Clarkson opens with Penn State, Michigan, Western Mich, Western Mich, Minnesota, Minnesota, UMLowell and Providence.
            The Western and Minnesota series both away, the 1st 2 and last 2 home. They played a tough non-conference last year, but I think this one is harder.
            Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
            Clarkson 1990

Comment

I still can't determine all of the first opponents for the various Belts. I need AFA's first league game for the AHC Belt and Robert Morris's first game against an old CHA foe. Also Notre Dame will keep the old HEA Belt at least until the NCAA Tourney.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I still can't determine all of the first opponents for the various Belts. Also Notre Dame will keep the old HEA Belt at least until the NCAA Tourney.
                How humiliating!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I still can't determine all of the first opponents for the various Belts. I need AFA's first league game for the AHC Belt and Robert Morris's first game against an old CHA foe. Also Notre Dame will keep the old HEA Belt at least until the NCAA Tourney.
                  I knew nobody from HEA would want to play them, unless they had to; wonder how long it'll be before there's a non-conference game scheduled.
                  Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                  Clarkson 1990

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

Effectively incomplete* schedules:

AHC: All Non-Conference Opponents Known
                    AIC **
                    Holy Cross **
                    Sacred Heart **
                    Air Force **
                    Canisius **
                    Niagara **
                    Robert Morris **

ECAC: All Complete

HEA: All Complete

B1G: Conference schedule released
                    Michigan ***
                    Michigan State ***

NCHC: All Complete

WCHA: Conference schedule released
                    Bowling Green ***
                    LSSU ****
                    Michigan Tech ***

Independent: All Complete

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the full schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.
                    ** Conference Games Only
                    *** Non-Conference Games Only, including the dates of the GLI
                    **** Announced schedule is long by two games. Something has to give, or special permission has to be granted for two game exhibition series.

Comment

Schedule change for Minnesota State and St. Cloud. The game at St. Cloud, originally scheduled for November 22, has been moved to January 20, and will be the men's college game for Hockey Day in Minnesota. Kind of a big deal for the Mavs, since it's the first time our men's program has been a part of HDM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Also Notre Dame will keep the old HEA Belt at least until the NCAA Tourney.
                        But I thought UMass Lowell won the Hockey East Tournament last March? Shouldn't they have the HEA Belt?
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                          But I thought UMass Lowell won the Hockey East Tournament last March? Shouldn't they have the HEA Belt?
                          They had the HEA Belt then but lost it to ND in the NCAA Tourney.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Schedule change for Minnesota State and St. Cloud. The game at St. Cloud, originally scheduled for November 22, has been moved to January 20, and will be the men's college game for Hockey Day in Minnesota. Kind of a big deal for the Mavs, since it's the first time our men's program has been a part of HDM.
                            So where do the Miami games go? I doubt SCSU is going split squad...

ETA: Or I could just look it up... http://scsuhuskies.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

ETA2: And then Miami's because it messes up the WMU games... http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/...key-sched.html
                            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 07-06-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I guess no one wants to talk about Clarkson's first eight games ? Why not, toughest in the country. You hate them that much ???
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I guess no one wants to talk about Clarkson's first eight games ? Why not, toughest in the country. You hate them that much ???
                                Nothing to do with hating them. SLU's is just as difficult, and I'd say a little more challenging, given WMU has been hit or miss the last few years, but the Sioux are always a tough draw. Some coaches like to schedule that kind of stuff, though. To be the best, you have to beat the best, so why not take the opportunity. Others like to beat up the "weaker" teams to gain some confidence heading into league play, although it might not necessarily do well in the long term when it comes to at-large. However, if you can take care of business across the games as a whole, you usually can make national noise. We saw that with Air Force last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X