2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

FWIW, during the postgame chat with us alums at the Denver game, head coach Powers said Arizona State would play 2 at Air Force and 2 at Colorado College next season.

Heard through the rumor mill conference announcement could be coming soon, but will be for 18-19 at the earliest. No idea where that will be though.

Go Devils!

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
      From the Wisconsin thread..... A four-year contract with St. Lawrence and Clarkson has the Badgers playing once at each school this season and in 2018-19. St. Lawrence plays a two-game series at the Kohl Center in 2017-18 and Clarkson visits in 2019-20.
      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Yep. And 2 yrs later (19-20) we go to Wisconsin and SLU to Minnesota. In 18-19 Wisconsin will play @ CCT and Minnesota will play @ SLU on Fri. The two teams flip on Saturday.
      As a Gopher fan, I like this idea, but I am thoroughly confused as to which games are when again. Could you fellows spell in out in terms of:
      These games are being played in 17-18
      These games in 18-19
      These games in 19-20
      These games in 20-21?

Thanks. It sounds like 2 seasons where MN/WI go to the North Country and play a weekend, with sites swapping, so MN@CCT, WI@SLU...MN@SLU, WI@CCT. And, one season where SLU@MN for 2 and CCT @WI for 2, and one season where CCT@MN for 2, and SLU@WI for 2, but I can't get it straight which years are which.

Edit: I think I am getting it:

16-17: MN and WI visit the North Country
      17-18: CCT @ MN and SLU @ WI
      18-19: MN and WI again visit the North Country
      19-20: SLU @ MN and CCT @ WI
      Is that right?
      Last edited by Numbers; 03-20-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Per New Haven Register----- Yale hockey non-league games next year: home vs UNH, UMass, ASU (2), vs Sacred Heart in Bridgeport; vs. Duluth and UNH at Dartmouth tourney
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
          As a Gopher fan, I like this idea, but I am thoroughly confused as to which games are when again. Could you fellows spell in out in terms of:
          These games are being played in 17-18
          These games in 18-19
          These games in 19-20
          These games in 20-21?

Thanks. It sounds like 2 seasons where MN/WI go to the North Country and play a weekend, with sites swapping, so MN@CCT, WI@SLU...MN@SLU, WI@CCT. And, one season where SLU@MN for 2 and CCT @WI for 2, and one season where CCT@MN for 2, and SLU@WI for 2, but I can't get it straight which years are which.
          2016-2017: MN/WI travelled to Clarkson/SLU
          2017-2018: Clarkson @ MN x2, SLU @ WI x2
          2018-2019: MN/WI come back to Clarkson/SLU
          2019-2020: Clarkson @ WI x2, SLU @ MN x2

Comment

LSSU Non-Conference opponents:
            Home and Home with NMU
            @Michigan State
            Three Rivers Classic tournament

Conference opponent setup should be the same as in 2013-14:
            Home and Away: Ferris State, Bowling Green, UAA, Bemidji State, Michigan Tech
            Home Only: Alaska, Minnesota State
            Away Only: NMU, UAH
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              Quinnipiac non conference schedule released.

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...onference.html
              I would venture a guess the Arizona State games will be during that week when Princeton has its finals, yes?

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

Obviously with hardly any information in the date area, no one to report as "effectively complete"*.

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

Comment

Michigan will also host Arizona State for home series. Return trip part of the 2-for-1.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Here's what I have for Colgate so far:

-Arizona State (home x2)
                    -Merrimack (home x2)
                    -Army (away x1)
                    -UConn (away x1)

The other 6 OOC games are not tangibly defined yet, but 2 of those games will be at a holiday tournament (not the Dartmouth one), and the other 4 games will be exclusively against Atlantic Hockey and Hockey East teams (not Maine, BU, or Providence).
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Somewhere Clarkson owes Arizona State a visit, as does Bemidji.
                      In Bemidji's case, it was a 2 for 1 with Arizona State coming to Bemidji twice and Bemidji going there once. I know last year they had to nix the game with ASU in Bemidji, but I am not sure if they nixed the whole contract or if it was just on hiatus for a year or two.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Providence opens next season at Miami (OH).

In addition, I believe they will return the Denver trip this upcoming season.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Here is what I had posted in the UW thread, confirming the St Lawrence and Clarkson rotation
                          Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                          For those who want to start looking ahead to the future (per a Todd Milewski article from earlier this year - LINK

snips from the article
                          - The Badgers and the Wildcats are scheduled to play in Ashwaubenon again next season, tentatively Oct. 20-21, 2017, according to a contract between the schools.
                          - The rest of the 2017-18 non-conference slate, per signed contracts and earlier announcements, is scheduled to include two-game home series against North Dakota, St. Lawrence and Mercyhurst and a road trip to Michigan Tech.

- A four-year contract with St. Lawrence and Clarkson has the Badgers playing once at each school this season and in 2018-19. St. Lawrence plays a two-game series at the Kohl Center in 2017-18 and Clarkson visits in 2019-20.
                          - After UW plays at Michigan Tech next season, the Huskies come to Madison in 2018-19.
                          - The Badgers’ return series for two home games against Omaha this season comes in 2019-20.
                          So:
                          UW Home
                          North Dakota
                          St Lawrence
                          Mercyhurst

UW Away
                          NMU (in Green Bay)
                          Michigan Tech

Comment

Northeastern is hosting Quinnipiac for 2 as noted above. Besides that I know we open the season @ RIT (RIT's homecoming), have our annual October home-and-home with Bentley, and of course the Beanpot. A couple of games still missing (I have some idea of what they are but not with tons of confidence).

If you aren't aware, the 11 team Hockey East schedule consists of 24 league games, with 6 teams being played twice and 4 teams being played 3 times (The four bonus games are 2 home, 2 away)
                            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-21-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              Here's what I have for Colgate so far:

-Arizona State (home x2)
                              -Merrimack (home x2)
                              -Army (away x1)
                              -UConn (away x1)

The other 6 OOC games are not tangibly defined yet, but 2 of those games will be at a holiday tournament (not the Dartmouth one), and the other 4 games will be exclusively against Atlantic Hockey and Hockey East teams (not Maine, BU, or Providence).
                              Shillelagh, perhaps? Obviously you won Mariucci the same year we were there, and did Ledyard last year. I heard the Estero tournament might not be happening in favor of some home games for Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                Northeastern is hosting Quinnipiac for 2 as noted above. Besides that I know we open the season @ RIT (RIT's homecoming), have our annual October home-and-home with Bentley, and of course the Beanpot. A couple of games still missing (I have some idea of what they are but not with tons of confidence).

If you aren't aware, the 11 team Hockey East schedule consists of 24 league games, with 6 teams being played twice and 4 teams being played 3 times (The four bonus games are 2 home, 2 away)
                                Thank you for that information; I was under the presumption it was going to be like just before UCONN joined.

Comment

Working...
                                X