Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Originally posted by johnk View Post
    100% a NC game. As is Union/Yale in 2018. Not sure how Hockey East is treating their game.
    According to Union's official press release the Union Yale game is a league contest. Clarkson's press release, which appears to be more boilerplate, also states the games vs RPI is a league contest. I have found nothing so far that states otherwise.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

    Comment


    • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

      I was under the impression that the Hockey East matchups were determined during the season using the 15/16 standings with no regard for the 16/17 standings. I'm not sure if doing it starting from there would change your results, but it's how I thought it was set.

      Comment


      • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

        Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        According to Union's official press release the Union Yale game is a league contest. Clarkson's press release, which appears to be more boilerplate, also states the games vs RPI is a league contest. I have found nothing so far that states otherwise.

        Sean
        There was a rumor going around that RPI and CCT would play a third game this year (they also did last year), and given 11 of CCT's NC games are known, coupled with the fact that RPI still has some unknown NC games, it is very possible that it could happen. Does this mean the Friendship Four game could be NC? Probably not, for the financially related reasons I mentioned earlier. It doesn't stop them from playing three, just as how Union and Yale would not be prohibited from playing three.

        Comment


        • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

          Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          I was under the impression that the Hockey East matchups were determined during the season using the 15/16 standings with no regard for the 16/17 standings. I'm not sure if doing it starting from there would change your results, but it's how I thought it was set.
          The order for 15-16 would be: BC, Prov, UML, BU, NE, MC, UCONN, UVM, UNH, Maine, UMA.

          The hypothesis doesn't quite fit with BU if that's the reasoning, but the other ones still seem OK. However, that's why it's called a "hypothesis".

          Comment


          • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            There was a rumor going around that RPI and CCT would play a third game this year (they also did last year), and given 11 of CCT's NC games are known, coupled with the fact that RPI still has some unknown NC games, it is very possible that it could happen. Does this mean the Friendship Four game could be NC? Probably not, for the financially related reasons I mentioned earlier. It doesn't stop them from playing three, just as how Union and Yale would not be prohibited from playing three.
            I am not stating this as a guess. These are non-conference games. RPI will be at Clarkson on Nov.3 and Clarkson will be at RPI Jan 13.

            Comment


            • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

              Originally posted by johnk View Post
              I am not stating this as a guess. These are non-conference games. RPI will be at Clarkson on Nov.3 and Clarkson will be at RPI Jan 13.
              Perhaps that ECAC relented with its requirement to have it a conference game by RPI and Clarkson agreeing to have a third game.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Perhaps that ECAC relented with its requirement to have it a conference game by RPI and Clarkson agreeing to have a third game.
                Or johnk's basing this on the ECAC schedule release linked from eLynah. It's very common for that to change in order to accommodate this tournament, which is exactly what they did the past couple of years.

                Comment


                • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                  Don't know about ELynah but I do know these are NC games going forward. Money is not an issue. Cost to play in this tourney not much different than playing a weekend at Arizona State. Ticket revenue was about $200,000 on this tournament last year after discounts and comps. Not sure who gets what but regardless these are non-league games for the ECAC. Could something change for Union/Yale? Maybe, but its not the plan now.

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                    Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    I am not stating this as a guess. These are non-conference games. RPI will be at Clarkson on Nov.3 and Clarkson will be at RPI Jan 13.
                    Can confirm this.

                    Edit - I will say things can change though, the reason Clarkson and RPI had a 3rd game last season was due to the China experiment that eventually fell through.
                    Last edited by techtodenver; 04-28-2017, 01:30 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                      Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      Don't know about ELynah but I do know these are NC games going forward. Money is not an issue. Cost to play in this tourney not much different than playing a weekend at Arizona State. Ticket revenue was about $200,000 on this tournament last year after discounts and comps. Not sure who gets what but regardless these are non-league games for the ECAC. Could something change for Union/Yale? Maybe, but its not the plan now.
                      The reference is to an official ECAC release of the tentative schedule for all the non-travel-partner league games, and someone on eLynah typically will post the PDF of it when they start a thread that discusses Cornell's schedule for the next year. Surprisingly, they actually took out one of the RPI/Harvard games to make room for the Beanpot tournament; this is the first year that they've done this for anyone.

                      Generally, both games on the first night are league games because of the agreement between ECAC and Hockey East to send two representatives, and the league is responsible for ensuring each member has 22 or 24 games, respectively. We all seem to be of the belief that RPI and CCT will play three matches this year, and although we haven't heard anything concrete along these lines, it is within the realm of possibility, including playing the third game on one of the two dates the ECAC release specified that would be moved to accommodate the Friendship Four. However, the question would still remain of which two games are considered the league games. It is entirely possible, out of deference to the other 10 members of the ECAC, that the league will insist Belfast is a league game in order to ensure that each team is on an even keel when it comes to the number of home games for league points across the life of the tournament.

                      I very highly doubt that Yale will want to use one of their 7 non-conference games on Union, especially considering the only time ivy teams seek non-league games against conference opponents (whether for NCAA game or exhibition purposes) is against Ivy opposition as a hedge against the non-ivies' earlier starting date.

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                        Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        The reference is to an official ECAC release of the tentative schedule for all the non-travel-partner league games, and someone on eLynah typically will post the PDF of it when they start a thread that discusses Cornell's schedule for the next year. Surprisingly, they actually took out one of the RPI/Harvard games to make room for the Beanpot tournament; this is the first year that they've done this for anyone.

                        Generally, both games on the first night are league games because of the agreement between ECAC and Hockey East to send two representatives, and the league is responsible for ensuring each member has 22 or 24 games, respectively. We all seem to be of the belief that RPI and CCT will play three matches this year, and although we haven't heard anything concrete along these lines, it is within the realm of possibility, including playing the third game on one of the two dates the ECAC release specified that would be moved to accommodate the Friendship Four. However, the question would still remain of which two games are considered the league games. It is entirely possible, out of deference to the other 10 members of the ECAC, that the league will insist Belfast is a league game in order to ensure that each team is on an even keel when it comes to the number of home games for league points across the life of the tournament.

                        I very highly doubt that Yale will want to use one of their 7 non-conference games on Union, especially considering the only time ivy teams seek non-league games against conference opponents (whether for NCAA game or exhibition purposes) is against Ivy opposition as a hedge against the non-ivies' earlier starting date.
                        You seem in denial! This is fact, not speculation. The ECAC teams did not want to lose a home game but the league wants to participate in this tournament. Therefore the next 2 years are non-conference games. Cannot speak to what Hockey East is going to do.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                          Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          You seem in denial! This is fact, not speculation. The ECAC teams did not want to lose a home game but the league wants to participate in this tournament. Therefore the next 2 years are non-conference games. Cannot speak to what Hockey East is going to do.
                          I am not in denial whatsoever, I am speaking exactly to the press releases that have been offered several times on this thread by the leagues and schools themselves. Until I see some sort of concrete announcement from either of the schools that what they released is not the case, it is going to have to stand.

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                            Here is a little more information on the Ice Vegas Invitational. Still no announcement of the pairings. N. Mich. Mich. Tech, BC and ASU will be the teams.

                            http://www.thesundevils.com/news/201...itational.aspx

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                              Here is a little more information on the Ice Vegas Invitational. Still no announcement of the pairings. N. Mich. Mich. Tech, BC and ASU will be the teams.

                              http://www.thesundevils.com/news/201...itational.aspx
                              Doesn't ASU have Tech & BC on their schedule? If so, I'll guess ASU/ NMU & Tech/BC!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

                                Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Doesn't ASU have Tech & BC on their schedule? If so, I'll guess ASU/ NMU & Tech/BC!
                                They have Tech, but the other team is BU.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X