Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
    Speaking of dope it's Nookie time....Mookie like cookies...Mookie like Butterflies...mmmmmm Jasmine...Mookie hates GQ...Mookie loves GQ.....Mookie thinks Charlie is flat footed...Mookie like Charlie First team All Hockey East

So genius who's leaving..who's staying...break down film for us hockey expert
    mookie do like jasmine!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      mookie do like jasmine!!!
      and cookies? Who doesn't like cookies?
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        and cookies? Who doesn't like cookies?
        indeed
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
          You are such a CHILD!

No one here has claimed to be an expert. We simply discuss, in a civilized manner (don't know why that's so hard for you), our opinions and observations about the team, and sometimes agree to disagree.
          YOU for some reason just HAVE to be right and won't let anyone have their opinions if they don't agree with you.

Either chill out and have a civilized dialogue, or shut it
          Civilized??...that's funny...I have been called drunk Shane...Shane's father...I have been told Shane's mom's husband is an in improvement over me(another accusation of being his father I assume) and just now some sort of Quinn's spurned lover....and I don't even know the kid..I have been called...stupid..an idiot .. the dumbest poster on this board and told to cut my wrists and die...all because I had the audacity to claim he was better than some of the NHL draft picks and McAvoy did not live up to the hype...yes this board is quite civil

Comment

BUtogether? BU undergrad dating site, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              BUtogether? BU undergrad dating site, correct?
              Another civilized opinion about the team I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                Another civilized opinion about the team I assume?
                Trying to do my part. This thread cracks me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Of course there is a large drop in production between the 2nd and 3rd/4th lines almost every season. This season there was no drop between the 1st and 2nd lines, so the drop between the 2nd and 3rd lines was larger than normal. What did hurt this season was the lack of goals from the 3rd and 4th lines as their combined 19 goals was tied for second lowest in the past ten seasons. The 19 goals also accounted for just 19.6% of all goals from the forwards, third lowest in the past ten seasons (barely beating out 2014-15's 3rd/4th lines 19.4%).

I added forward line combinations and defensive pairing to my database a number of years ago. My information is based on depth charts and/or lineups listed in online game boxes. I know some of those conflict regarding line order and I try to be consistent and use the depth charts, then the online boxes. Also powerplays, penalty kills, injuries, games misconducts and in game changes can all affect line scoring, so my stats will not be 100% accurate. Still, I believe them to be quite useful in comparing lines and defensive pairing. As I was asked about the stats for this season's third line I ran queries for stats by forward line and defensive pairing for the past ten seasons. I created a spreadsheet and uploaded it if anyone else is interested. I also added the averages and medians for all ten seasons so each season can be compared to them.

Sean
                  In all seriousness...what would very telling would be a points per minutes played stat..including Power play time...that would give you a much truer picture of a players production...don't know if it's possible but I'm betting it wouldn't look very good for McAvoy or Bellows

Comment

• I'm still lurking. I don't weigh in all that much because I don't get to see as many games as I would like and thus have less of a viewpoint to offer people here. I also find the level of discourse has plummeted since the good old days of the stupidity spouted by many other posters (mostly knuckle-dragging BC fans).

And no, I'm not Jack Parker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                      "Quick, Shanie, grab the phone and call some other coaches! Someone on the web suggests it!"
                      I'm not suggesting it...I'm saying it's already happening..like I said you all may think DQ plays the best players...others disagree...we all can agree to disagree right Rhett Hott?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                        Civilized??...that's funny...I have been called drunk Shane...Shane's father...I have been told Shane's mom's husband is an in improvement over me(another accusation of being his father I assume) and just now some sort of Quinn's spurned lover....and I don't even know the kid..I have been called...stupid..an idiot .. the dumbest poster on this board and told to cut my wrists and die...all because I had the audacity to claim he was better than some of the NHL draft picks and McAvoy did not live up to the hype...yes this board is quite civil
                        You will never be dumber than christos

Comment

Working...
                        X