Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
    Parents have rose colored glasses.
    Again..not a parent...keep reading the hard hitting DFP and Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.
      He wouldn't because I am not his parent....He sure looked good in Alberta though when he was 3rd in the league in D scoring and a +55....but at BU he clearly is no good when he plays...lol and Crotty is a shut down D

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol
        The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion
        This being he case, it seems like the thing for Shane to do is transfer to another school. With his PPG stats and the approval of scouts, and the fact he still has two years of eligibility, there must be many D1 schools who would be interested in him. New coaches at Michigan State, RPI, UNO-Omaha, maybe a new coach at Michigan. Maybe they'd have interest.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          This being he case, it seems like the thing for Shane to do is transfer to another school. With his PPG stats and the approval of scouts, and the fact he still has two years of eligibility, there must be many D1 schools who would be interested in him. New coaches at Michigan State, RPI, UNO-Omaha, maybe a new coach at Michigan. Maybe they'd have interest.
          Someone with an actual brain..interesting...I would say from what I'm hearing through the grapevine that could quite possibly already be in the works
          Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion
            Half of your posts on this board have been about how bad the scouts are. But you think the scouts are right when it comes to Switzer?

Look, I think Switzer is a nice little player. He made a couple nice plays in the offensive zone this season, and I think it is great that BU can have a competent player as their eighth d-man. But he has tripped over the blue line far too many times and failed to keep the puck in the zone on an easy pass back to the point way too many times for me to call him a good player, or a player that deserves ice time over the seven guys ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              That's the gist I've gotten. From reading the tea leaves it's always seemed liked Charlie was the one of the two Bruins picks who was a pretty safe bet while JFK was more in the 50/50 category. If we can somehow hang on to JFK that's a huge get for us. We have other available options (for now) in the offensive defensemn category but don't have much that can fill the top line center role. You'd also have to figure JFK would be very likely to get a C along with Olsson if he came back.
              It's going to be hard to replace that one PPG in the last 2 years from our First Team all Hockey East QB

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Half of your posts on this board have been about how bad the scouts are. But you think the scouts are right when it comes to Switzer?

Look, I think Switzer is a nice little player. He made a couple nice plays in the offensive zone this season, and I think it is great that BU can have a competent player as their eighth d-man. But he has tripped over the blue line far too many times and failed to keep the puck in the zone on an easy pass back to the point way too many times for me to call him a good player, or a player that deserves ice time over the seven guys ahead of him.
                Oh lord please pass me the dope you are smoking ...I am not telling you the scouts are wrong or right...I am telling you it is a different deal looking at a 21 year old vs 17 year olds..and being a 18 year old draft pick does not automatically make you better than a 20 year old especially on defense...your opinion is he isn't good...that's your opinion...I have not seen any more misplays by him than any other D at the blue line...in fact I have watched Krys take at least 5 pratfalls this year leading to breakaways for the other team...I have also seen far less defensive lapses and way more offense in his limited time...others higher up than me laugh at Quinn's little NHL draft show and like Switzer far better than a number of the BU draft picks...they have their opinion...you have yours

Comment

Oh lord please pass me the dope you are smoking ...I am not telling you the scouts are wrong or right...I am telling you it is a different deal looking at a 21 year old vs 17 year olds..and being a 18 year old draft pick does not automatically make you better than a 20 year old especially on defense...your opinion is he isn't good...that's your opinion...I have not seen any more misplays by him than any other D at the blue line...in fact I have watched Krys take at least 5 pratfalls this year leading to breakaways for the other team...I have also seen far less defensive lapses and way more offense in his limited time...others higher up than me laugh at Quinn's little NHL draft show and like Switzer far better than a number of the BU draft picks...they have their opinion...you have yours
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Speaking of dope it's Nookie time....Mookie like cookies...Mookie like Butterflies...mmmmmm Jasmine...Mookie hates GQ...Mookie loves GQ.....Mookie thinks Charlie is flat footed...Mookie like Charlie First team All Hockey East

So genius who's leaving..who's staying...break down film for us hockey expert

Comment

Speaking of dope it's Nookie time....Mookie like cookies...Mookie like Butterflies...mmmmmm Jasmine...Mookie hates GQ...Mookie loves GQ.....Mookie thinks Charlie is flat footed...Mookie like Charlie First team All Hockey East
                      You are such a CHILD!

No one here has claimed to be an expert. We simply discuss, in a civilized manner (don't know why that's so hard for you), our opinions and observations about the team, and sometimes agree to disagree.
                      YOU for some reason just HAVE to be right and won't let anyone have their opinions if they don't agree with you.

Either chill out and have a civilized dialogue, or shut it
                      Last edited by Rhett Hot; 03-30-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Man, this guy is battling all of you. I am expecting Brian Gentry to come out of retirement...or is that Tater? What about DavidB, Limey, and the multiple TBAs? Was Ritt18 a Terrier?

Comment

I am not a parent...and a couple of you are clueless
                          You're Switzer's GF's Mom, who Quinn once had a one night stand with.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Someone with an actual brain..interesting...I would say from what I'm hearing through the grapevine that could quite possibly already be in the works
                            "Quick, Shanie, grab the phone and call some other coaches! Someone on the web suggests it!"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Man, this guy is battling all of you. I am expecting Brian Gentry to come out of retirement...or is that Tater? What about DavidB, Limey, and the multiple TBAs? Was Ritt18 a Terrier?
                              Gentry has been around here and there lately. Haven't heard from Limey in at least three or four years. Maybe Limey was Parker.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                I guess that would be a pessimistic view. I agree that this year's team saw a HUGE drop in talent/production from the 2nd to 3rd/4th line which weakened the offense. In fact, I called it before the season started.
                                Of course there is a large drop in production between the 2nd and 3rd/4th lines almost every season. This season there was no drop between the 1st and 2nd lines, so the drop between the 2nd and 3rd lines was larger than normal. What did hurt this season was the lack of goals from the 3rd and 4th lines as their combined 19 goals was tied for second lowest in the past ten seasons. The 19 goals also accounted for just 19.6% of all goals from the forwards, third lowest in the past ten seasons (barely beating out 2014-15's 3rd/4th lines 19.4%).

I added forward line combinations and defensive pairing to my database a number of years ago. My information is based on depth charts and/or lineups listed in online game boxes. I know some of those conflict regarding line order and I try to be consistent and use the depth charts, then the online boxes. Also powerplays, penalty kills, injuries, games misconducts and in game changes can all affect line scoring, so my stats will not be 100% accurate. Still, I believe them to be quite useful in comparing lines and defensive pairing. As I was asked about the stats for this season's third line I ran queries for stats by forward line and defensive pairing for the past ten seasons. I created a spreadsheet and uploaded it if anyone else is interested. I also added the averages and medians for all ten seasons so each season can be compared to them.

Sean
                                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-30-2017, 04:10 PM.
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X