Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Saw on the Terrier Hockey Instagram that Nik Olsson was on the ice practicing.
    Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    He wore the blue non-contact practice sweater, but it's very encouraging that he's back on the ice. If they pull off #WhyNotBU this weekend and assuming his recovery is full, would love to see him return to the lineup in 2+ weeks.

BU Hockey: Win 2 for Nik
    Wow, that is pretty crazy. I thought he was having surgery? With his injury history, is it wise for him to rush back?

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
      Bellows was benched for insubordination not his crappy play..
      Do you have anything to back up this statement? Because I haven't heard anything like this, and no one I had ever talked to mentioned anything like this.

Comment

A sentence kids today would not understand. I thought you went out after Game 1. I remember watching the game in the GSU that Friday night, seeing Roachman at the back, shaking his head. My friend, who was the Asst. Sports marketing Director at the time told me she got a call at 4am Saturday from him telling her a bunch of guys were on the road heading out there and could she help them get tickets. She called Larry Fudge (remember Larry Fudge??) and he got them tickets. Did I misremember that was just for Game 3 or were you part of a second group of fans that went out there?
        Not sure if another group went out for Games 2 & 3 (now THAT would take some real guts given how Game 1 went). I watched Game 1 at the GSU too. Then somehow was able to get Game 2 on the TV in my dorm room, so watched it by myself. Once I got the call, I might have had to clear my schedule (I was a student manager at the Itza Pizza snack bar at West Campus), but then we ended up coming together at - what was the name of that place that had opened up near Packard's Corner - they had some good BU hockey photos on the walls.

I honestly don't remember how we ended up with tickets - it might have been through Larry. I think we heard there would be SRO going on sale, so we wanted to get there in time to get in line.

We chanted "Georgia Tech" quite a bit during the game, since their B-Ball team had been upset by the Yellow Jackets. The locals were not amused. Coming back from down 3-1 to win 5-3 was SO rewarding.

After the game, we went back to the hotel where everyone was staying, just long enough to celebrate with the team when they arrived, and to ask Larry to make sure we wouldn't lose out on FF tickets, in case they were going to be going on sale Monday morning. Then we drove 15 hours home...and I got a speeding ticket in NY :-(. Then made almost the exact same trip to Detroit on the fan buses the next weekend.

Good times...
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          gimme a T!!!!
          gimme an E!!!
          The original! Then Brian (I forget his last name) took over, right?
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Wasn't he called The Ogre?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              I'm not getting this because I'm in the wrong frame of reference. Heck, when I was a student we still had the guy playing the ORGAN in the top corner of Walter Brown (by the balcony entrance)!!!

Comment

A sentence kids today would not understand. I thought you went out after Game 1. I remember watching the game in the GSU that Friday night, seeing Roachman at the back, shaking his head. My friend, who was the Asst. Sports marketing Director at the time told me she got a call at 4am Saturday from him telling her a bunch of guys were on the road heading out there and could she help them get tickets. She called Larry Fudge (remember Larry Fudge??) and he got them tickets. Did I misremember that was just for Game 3 or were you part of a second group of fans that went out there?
                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Roachman did it for one year, then the Ogre took it over for two.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I'm not getting this because I'm in the wrong frame of reference. Heck, when I was a student we still had the guy playing the ORGAN in the top corner of Walter Brown (by the balcony entrance)!!!
                  The Ogre was Sasquatch's predecessor. He would lead the crowd in a TERRIERS chant, twisting his body into the shape of each letter during the chant.

I remember the guy playing the organ. Either he was an awful organist, or the acoustics were bad. Also, he'd only play the organ a couple of times during the game at odd, unpredictable moments.
                  Last edited by buoldtimer; 03-21-2017, 01:30 PM.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Last 10 games:

BU 5-4-1 incl. against 6 top-15 ranked teams, plus 2 against Northeastern that was playing like a ranked team in the second half.
                    ND 6-1 against 4 top-15 ranked teams, plus 2 against #20 Omaha.
                    Something's not adding up here

They're 6-4 with two losses at WMU, home to Omaha, and Duluth in the NCHC final. The shutout win over DU in the NCHC semi is their first win over a good team (or one who made the tournament) since Dec. 31 at Union. On the season, UND is 3-11-2 against teams that made the NCAA Tournament. BU is 5-5-1.
                    Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-21-2017, 01:04 PM.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The Ogre was Sasquatch's predecessor. He would lead the crowd in a TERRIERS chant, twisting his body into the shape of each letter during the chant.

I remember the guy playing the organ. Either he was an awful organist, or the acoustics were bad. Also, he'd only play the organ a couple of times during the game at odd, unpredictable moments.
                      Ha ha! That's true..on both counts. The acoustics WERE bad (well, it depends what you mean by "bad" - that low metal roof was GREAT for crowd noise, but not good for music or the PA system). I was just there a couple of weeks ago for the Women's Hockey East (came downstairs after the BU basketball playoff game) and it was LOUD when the winning goal was scored (and there weren't more than a couple of hundred people there).

Yes, Sasquatch (an attorney ) has been there forever. He's still there (with a little less chest hair). I won't mention his name in case we don't want to mention names here...

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        I think everyone's point is that in a "neutral" arena the game would be a toss-up. But we're not playing in a neutral arena. It will be 99% Sioux (excuse me, Hawks) fans. Think Walter Brown back in the day against BC, PACKED to the gunnels and standing-room. Low roof, amplified, resonating sound...constant noise. Very intimidating. And who knows? Maybe they'll play better in that environment. Remains to be seen. But I'm thinking if BU doesn't score first it might be a long day...

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

They're 6-4 with two losses at WMU, home to Omaha, and Duluth in the NCHC final. The shutout win over DU in the NCHC semi is their first win over a good team (or one who made the tournament) since Dec. 31 at Union. On the season, UND is 3-11-2 against teams that made the NCAA Tournament. BU is 5-5-1.
                          8 of UND's losses came at the hands of Duluth (5) and W. Michigan (3). They also had some bad losses to Colorado College & Michigan St. that could've potentially torpedoed their season from a PWR standpoint if it wasn't for their overall SOS (3rd).

This UND team doesn't seem to be as deep nor as high-end talented as its recent predecessors. Frankly, if this game was anywhere but Fargo I'd feel more confident in BU's chances. Despite UND not having a great home record this season, I still think they'll be very tough to beat when playing in front of its extended "home" crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            But I'm thinking if BU doesn't score first it might be a long day...
                            BU has scored 1st in only 16 of 37 games. It has scored the 1st goal in only 3 of the last 14 games, and as already mentioned, have allowed the 1st goal in its last 9 games.

BU is only 7-6-1 in its last 14 games, which is also when Nik Olsson got injured. BU is 12-3-1 with Olsson in the lineup; 11-8-2 without. I firmly believe the team has missed Olsson's impact as the team's most physical forward and as a leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              BU has scored 1st in only 16 of 37 games. It has scored the 1st goal in only 3 of the last 14 games, and as already mentioned, have allowed the 1st goal in its last 9 games.

BU is only 7-6-1 in its last 14 games, which is also when Nik Olsson got injured. BU is 12-3-1 with Olsson in the lineup; 11-8-2 without. I firmly believe the team has missed Olsson's impact as the team's most physical forward and as a leader.
                              But the "good" news is that he was back on the ice (at least in practice) so maybe he'll be able to play???

Comment

Clayton Keller named CHN's ROY.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...-Rookie-of.php
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X