Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by Tater View Post

Sure, no one at the level of Keller, but if all these players remain, BU will be a MUCH deeper and experienced team than this season.
    Look at a team like Denver, no one on that roster is at the level of Keller, but they have piece after piece after piece after piece after piece. That would be the best case scenario model for BU next season, to be able to roll three solid lines who are all threats to score, a fourth line who skates hard and plays great defense backed up by a balance of scoring D and defensive D. If that's all on top of .926 goaltending, that's a great setup.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Look at a team like Denver, no one on that roster is at the level of Keller, but they have piece after piece after piece after piece after piece. That would be the best case scenario model for BU next season, to be able to roll three solid lines who are all threats to score, a fourth line who skates hard and plays great defense backed up by a balance of scoring D and defensive D. If that's all on top of .926 goaltending, that's a great setup.
      Borgstrom and Terry are very close to Keller...their other lines have far more skill and their top #1 D is true hobey candidate not a media driven smoke and mirrors show....I'm not sure Quinn is capable of putting pieces together his offensive strategy so far has been to open the door for Keller and Eichel...the pieces could be there next year...we shall see...other than Fabbro where are you getting scoring from your D?
      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Another note - has anyone decommitted from BU (unilaterally) and/or gone the MJ route, since Quinn took over? Over the last decade or so with Parker, it seemed to be a common occurrence (at lest the MJ route). Ethan Werek, Anthony DeAngelo, Angelo Esposito, Adam Erne....

I know some of them were just using BU as a pawn, but still, between Eichel and Keller, those were guys that got a very hard push from the Q/OHL, but it seems these guys all want to play for Quinn. Even Eichel who had an excuse since he was recruited by Parker. (Insert snide comment from about guaranteed ice time here...)
        If you are an NHL draft pick or played for the NTDP why wouldn't you want to play for Quinn...guaranteed iced time..zero accountability...the Kellers and Eichels are worth it...the problem is the rest aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          If you are an NHL draft pick or played for the NTDP why wouldn't you want to play for Quinn...guaranteed iced time..zero accountability...the Kellers and Eichels are worth it...the problem is the rest aren't.
          Guaranteed ice time for NHL draft picks and NTDP products? Right. Just ask John MacLeod. I'd say stop embarrassing yourself but it's actually fun reading your posts. Kind of a "Where's Waldo" for inaccuracies and baseless opinions. So, by all means, keep 'em coming.

Comment

If calling BU a very good team is pessimistic, guilty as charged! I just think when you lose such a special player like keller it leaves a mark. He makes everyone around him better.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
              Guaranteed ice time for NHL draft picks and NTDP products? Right. Just ask John MacLeod. I'd say stop embarrassing yourself but it's actually fun reading your posts. Kind of a "Where's Waldo" for inaccuracies and baseless opinions. So, by all means, keep 'em coming.
              John MacLeod played every game this year that he was healthy...talk about an inaccuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Indeed. And with Olsen, Greenway, JFK, Hickey, Carpenter back as key contributors, they will be an upperclassman led team.

Now they just need to figure out how to improve their "team" structure. My quick postmortem on this past season is that I can't remember a less like-able BU team that was north of .500. Nothing against any of these guys individually, but the TEAM lacked personality. I know the popular narrative is that they were only looking out for themselves. Let's flip the script next season.

BU Hockey: Need Chemistry
                I think that "Chemistry" at BU is a thing of the past. Its now the Kentucky basketball version of college hockey. High end players are there for a year or two and then off to greener pastures. They are playing for the name on the back and not the name on the front. They arent in it for the program they are in it for their own personal development. Its 24 individuals playing with the same jersey on. They dont bleed red and white, they arent a fabric of the community they are just tourists stopping by for a visit. Thats why they lack personality and are unlikeable - they dont even stay long enough to get to know them.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  JFK didn't really elevate his game from his freshman year and you guys have said on here greenway wasn't great/consistent down the stretch. Things get tougher when you lose a special player like keller even if you have a lot of good players.
                  Sadly I have to agree with both of these guys. It would be nice to expect a breakout year but that might require some coaching skills which seem to be in short supply currently.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                    John MacLeod played every game this year that he was healthy...talk about an inaccuracy
                    yes- this year- Last year he was benched many games mainly for taking too many penalties and mistakes
                    Played every game this year because his game was noticeably improved

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                      yes- this year- Last year he was benched many games mainly for taking too many penalties and mistakes
                      Played every game this year because his game was noticeably improved
                      Not one NHL draft pick on defense missed one game due to anything but being injured or at the WJC...not once for performance and if you think they all played so great every game that they never should have missed a game due to performance then you have your head up your *** If you would like to know why he missed games last year I can tell you but it wasn't because DQ was being honorable and playing the best players..I love you clowns who think you know what's going on because your read the DFP or Twitter
                      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Not one NHL draft pick on defense missed one game due to anything but being injured or at the WJC...not once for performance and if you think they all played so great every game that they never should have missed a game due to performance then you have your head up your ***
                        Did you even read his post? The season before this one MacLeod was firmly in Quinn's doghouse and was a healthy scratch many games. The same with Bellows this season. I realize you are pushing an agenda, but it is not one supported by facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Did you even read his post? The season before this one MacLeod was firmly in Quinn's doghouse and was a healthy scratch many games. The same with Bellows this season. I realize you are pushing an agenda, but it is not one supported by facts.
                          Oh I read it...did you read what I said...neither being in the doghouse had to do with performance ..and quite frankly his improved play was a Quinn rehab agenda through the media...his play was not much different than last year other than a couple goals...he was basically the same until the last few games..his upside is limited...and what exact facts are you quoting?..Bellows?..what a gong show....and the other 5 D were so awesome they never could have used a night off?...please
                          Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I got 12+ pages behind on this thread since I hadn't been here in a little while. Caught up by skipping over Chickod and BUTogether's post and reading the rest. Was a surprisingly quick and enjoyable read.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              If calling BU a very good team is pessimistic, guilty as charged! I just think when you lose such a special player like keller it leaves a mark. He makes everyone around him better.
                              Very good and special can mean different things to different people. BC was very good to me and missed the NCAAs. The rest of your post is what I was referring to.

This would be my projected lines if Quinn's prediction holds true (which I am not quite ready to fully subscribe to quite yet.)

Greenway-JFK-Harper
                              Bellows-Bowers-Carpenter
                              Crone-Tkachuk-Olsson
                              Curry-Cockerill-Cloonan

Bench:
                              Phelps
                              Amonte
                              Chabot
                              Andren
                              McDermott

A much deeper team and stronger than this year's team IMO.

Comment

Bellows?..what a gong show
                                Obviously disappointing. Still was the 6th highest scoring and PPG on BU this year. Was a healthy scratch for 4 games and played on the 3rd line the second half of the season. Still was the #6 forward.

Do you think he should have been benched more? Who would you put in his place?

Cloonan played every game this year besides when he was injured. He had 0 goals. Was not drafted. Patrick Curry played every game this season. Less production than Bellows. Not drafted. By your reasoning Quinn would have benched them long ago because they don't have the "NHL draft pick" status. Yet Quinn instead benched a "NHL draft pick" that had more production than Cloonan and Curry.

Again, what actually happens on the team doesn't fit the agenda you're pushing.

Comment

Working...
                                X