Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    You know I am historically one of the biggest naysayers on this board to the ridiculous extent of calling the 2009 NC bittersweet because it kept Parker around. That said I do root for the team. Why do I sense that you root for another program. Are you that lunatic Hokydad?
    I root for the players who produce to play and the team to play to its potential...neither has happened this year...this is an entitled NHL farm team ...being a fan isn't tweeting out national championships in the preseason. I don't give a crap where anybody is drafted or who played in the World Juniors...the best game of the year was beating Union without any of them...if only Oettinger, Keller and Harper came back this would be a far better TEAM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Hope Quinn had a front row seat for this game. It was a clinic on how you play hockey by both teams. An undermanned BC squad would have smoked any other team in the league tonight...except for the one team that wanted it as bad as they did. That's all about coaching. Lowell chases the puck with the best of them, makes crisp passes, shoots from around the faceoff circle and not with both skates on the blue line, and only throws the puck on net if they have a guy sitting in the crease (usually two). Oh, and their goalie doesn't give up sieve goals although that's not on the coach. Even with no rooting interest this championship game was a pleasure to watch.
      Amen...but I guess I'm not a fan unless I agree with what DQ and the NHL draft tells me is good hockey.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        well, get ready all you high donating terrier loyalty pointers!!!! get on a plane for fargo to see the boys drop one to sioux
        Terriers pulling for the Badgers in OT to pop The Sioux up to #9...

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

          Originally posted by bu98 View Post
          Terriers pulling for the Badgers in OT to pop The Sioux up to #9...
          Even with PSU win, sets up DU-MTU Union-PSU Manchester regional that could get shifted to BU-Cornell for attendance. Also would move lower seeded Union out west in favor of BU, and would mean NCAA pays for one less flight.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            well, get ready all you high donating terrier loyalty pointers!!!! get on a plane for fargo to see the boys drop one to sioux
            What do you mean Cookie?..."drop one to the Sioux"...aren't you a BU fan?..no faith in Flat footed Charlie?

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

              1 Denver
              2 Minnesota-Duluth
              3 Harvard
              4 Mass.-Lowell
              5 Western Michigan
              6 Minnesota
              7 Boston University
              8 Union
              9 North Dakota
              10 Cornell
              11 Penn State
              12 Air Force
              13 Notre Dame
              14 Providence
              15 Wisconsin (big10 champ)
              16 Michigan Tech

              or

              1 Denver
              2 Minnesota-Duluth
              3 Harvard
              4 Minnesota
              5 Mass.-Lowell
              6 Western Michigan
              7 Boston University
              8 Union
              9 Penn State (big10 champs)
              10 North Dakota
              11 Cornell
              12 Air Force
              13 Notre Dame
              14 Providence
              15 Ohio State
              16 Michigan Tech
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                Terriers pulling for the Badgers in OT to pop The Sioux up to #9...
                So much for that...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                  __Cincinnati
                  1 Denver
                  8 Union
                  9 Penn State (big10 champs)
                  16 Michigan Tech

                  __Fargo
                  2 Minnesota-Duluth
                  7 Boston University
                  10 North Dakota
                  15 Ohio State

                  __Providence
                  3 Harvard
                  6 Western Michigan
                  11 Cornell
                  14 Providence

                  __ManchVegas
                  4 Minnesota
                  5 Mass.-Lowell
                  12 Air Force
                  13 Notre Dame


                  crud
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    __Cincinnati
                    1 Denver
                    8 Union
                    9 Penn State (big10 champs)
                    16 Michigan Tech

                    __Fargo
                    2 Minnesota-Duluth
                    7 Boston University
                    10 North Dakota
                    15 Ohio State

                    __Providence
                    3 Harvard
                    6 Western Michigan
                    11 Cornell
                    14 Providence

                    __ManchVegas
                    4 Minnesota
                    5 Mass.-Lowell
                    12 Air Force
                    13 Notre Dame


                    crud
                    Switch BU and Western Michigan for attendance purposes???? Maybe???? Doesn't really destroy "bracket integrity" (of course, if BU brings as many fans as last night it won't matter)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                      Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Switch BU and Western Michigan for attendance purposes???? Maybe???? Doesn't really destroy "bracket integrity" (of course, if BU brings as many fans as last night it won't matter)
                      Can't have WMU-UND, interconference. The switch would be Union-UND, BU-Cornell, WMU-PSU. Also depends if they send DU to Manchester and MN-ND to Cincinnati. Saves a flight, helps attendance in CIN.
                      Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-19-2017, 12:08 AM.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Switch BU and Western Michigan for attendance purposes???? Maybe???? Doesn't really destroy "bracket integrity" (of course, if BU brings as many fans as last night it won't matter)
                        Two NCHC teams can't play in round one

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                          They won't do that because wmu and und are in same league

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                            Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Can't have WMU-UND, intraconference. The switch would be Union-UND, BU-Cornell, WMU-PSU.
                            right...missed that. wishful thinking...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                              I've got us in Providence versus Cornell. Here is my bracket prediction.


                              2 Minn-Duluth NCHC Cincinnati
                              6 W. Mich NCHC Cincinnati
                              9 Penn State Big 10 Cincinnati
                              15 Ohio State Big 10 Cincinnati

                              1 Denver NCHC Fargo
                              8 Union ECAC Fargo
                              10 North Dakota NCHC Fargo
                              27 Mich Tech WCHA Fargo

                              4 Minnesota Big 10 Manchester
                              5 Lowell Hockey East Manchester
                              12 Air Force Atlantic Hockey Manchester
                              13 Notre Dame Hockey East Manchester

                              3 Harvard ECAC Providence
                              7 BU Hockey East Providence
                              11 Cornell ECAC Providence
                              14 Providence Hockey East Providence

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

                                Originally posted by kbz View Post
                                I've got us in Providence versus Cornell. Here is my bracket prediction.


                                2 Minn-Duluth NCHC Cincinnati
                                6 W. Mich NCHC Cincinnati
                                9 Penn State Big 10 Cincinnati
                                15 Ohio State Big 10 Cincinnati

                                1 Denver NCHC Fargo
                                8 Union ECAC Fargo
                                10 North Dakota NCHC Fargo
                                27 Mich Tech WCHA Fargo

                                4 Minnesota Big 10 Manchester
                                5 Lowell Hockey East Manchester
                                12 Air Force Atlantic Hockey Manchester
                                13 Notre Dame Hockey East Manchester

                                3 Harvard ECAC Providence
                                7 BU Hockey East Providence
                                11 Cornell ECAC Providence
                                14 Providence Hockey East Providence
                                I think Denver gets screwed being #1 in the country and having to go to Fargo where they could potentially play ND in what would amount to a home game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X