WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

My only wish is that they don't use the anally rule-stickler face off linesman for this game. The delays were weirdly long and attention-seeking from that guy, I think everyone had enough of that.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?
      It won't go to a shootout. All playoff games have 20 minute sudden death overtime periods.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        After reading your post, I'm sure no Tech fans would mind the conclusion if BG does in fact win...on Friday.
        Ha, is it Saturday? That makes more sense. UAH was never going to get that far, so I didn't pay close attention.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'll be in Florida, and without access to the feed (but given the quality of WCHA.TV this year, that's probably a good thing ).

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            It won't go to a shootout. All playoff games have 20 minute sudden death overtime periods.
            Poignant: evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret.

A sad stab at the glory of the regular season shootouts (75% of UA_'s Governor's Cups were won thanks to them). I was also the one that got Twitter confirmation that OT was still in effect for the playoffs in some long forgotten thread.

Go junior Bruins!
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?

MTU is also playing at home though: 11-4-4, BG on the road 11-9-0.
              As I recall, BG swept Bemidji on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
                How many BG fans will be coming up to the game?
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  How many BG fans will be coming up to the game?
                  I have no idea. Based on what I saw and heard on WCHA.tv at the Bemidji games we should have quite a few. The real question is did MTU set aside an allotment of tickets for BG? Based on what I read on our own boards, probably not since they were told that SRO tickets were all that were left. Houghton is a long way to travel for SRO tickets.

Comment

I have no idea. Based on what I saw and heard on WCHA.tv at the Bemidji games we should have quite a few. The real question is did MTU set aside an allotment of tickets for BG? Based on what I read on our own boards, probably not since they were told that SRO tickets were all that were left. Houghton is a long way to travel for SRO tickets.
                    According to the league a small allotment of tickets was made available directly to BGSU. Whether they were sold that quickly or were used for other purposes than to sell is another question.
                    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

As of 3pm today, with any unwanted season tickets being turned back at noon, all seats and suites are sold out and 139 SRO tickets remain.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        As of 3pm today, with any unwanted season tickets being turned back at noon, all seats and suites are sold out and 139 SRO tickets remain.
                        It's going to be rocking! Having the game on Saturday is awesome. I know a decent amount of alumni coming back.
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          It's going to be rocking! Having the game on Saturday is awesome. I know a decent amount of alumni coming back.
                          This is why I think the new format is a great deal. I'm not happy that I can't watch the game on TV, but to generate this level of excitement is good for the conference.

Comment

A lot of those Bowling Green fans were from the Brainerd area, which is about an hour and a half drive from Bemidji.

I did meet a nice couple from Tiffin, OH, though. They had seats near us because they thought the BG allotment would sell out.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

It's 60 minutes of do-or-die. The Sunday game was the best, most intense hockey I've seen in a long time. With all the kids back, 100% of the band present, and half the town in the stands there's going to be a different energy in the building. That has to be worth a goal or two as long as the boys aren't gripping their sticks too tight. Senior leadership is strong so I think we'll be fine. Hope to see some BGSU fans in the house. They've been excellent hosts every time I've been down there.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                A lot of those Bowling Green fans were from the Brainerd area, which is about an hour and a half drive from Bemidji.

I did meet a nice couple from Tiffin, OH, though. They had seats near us because they thought the BG allotment would sell out.
                                They would be Bill and Karen Hoffert. They rarely miss a BG game regardless of where it's at.

Comment

Working...
                                X