No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Brown & Yale (1/29, 1/30)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    As a student of the works of the great Vince Vaughn, I'm planning on crashing the party at Anna Liffey's...see if they dare throw me out...
    Yeah, Wicked...when the Hubster hears about the food part of he festivities, I'm afraid we'll be crashing too...but SA kinda' resembles 'Otter' from Animal House, so we can combine generations of movie themes and turn Yale on its ear...(hopefully in the game afterwards as well!)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      This one's a bit far for me (I know, I'll travel 6 hours west but not 6 hours east), so I'll be on ye ol' score thread with WRPI on the amp/speaker. The standings are close now, who knows where they'll be after this weekend. RPI had 4 points at the home location with this match-up, will they replicate it on the road? We'll find out tomorrow and Saturday.
      Since you're staying home, you can work on your swim video

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        Yeah, Wicked...when the Hubster hears about the food part of he festivities, I'm afraid we'll be crashing too...but SA kinda' resembles 'Otter' from Animal House, so we can combine generations of movie themes and turn Yale on its ear...(hopefully in the game afterwards as well!)
        I'm gonna try and make it. Just happened to see this week's TIME magazine and they did an article on Saarinen, the architect who designed Ingalls rink, the Gateway Arch and many others structures. (Sorry, I'm a bit of architecture buff). The piece mentioned that renovations to the rink were recently completed..the Whale looks like quite a unique joint.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          Since you're staying home, you can work on your swim video
          I dunno, Ralph's "goal celebration" is pretty tough to top..... heck, it's been imitated by some of our foes before.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I'm gonna try and make it. Just happened to see this week's TIME magazine and they did an article on Saarinen, the architect who designed Ingalls rink, the Gateway Arch and many others structures. (Sorry, I'm a bit of architecture buff). The piece mentioned that renovations to the rink were recently completed..the Whale looks like quite a unique joint.
            You amaze me! The only thing I know about Saarinen is that his first name crops up in the Sunday NY Times crossword every now and then
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              You amaze me! The only thing I know about Saarinen is that his first name crops up in the Sunday NY Times crossword every now and then
              Is he your eero? The only eeros I want to hear about this weekend wear cherry & white!
              Last edited by fr joe; 01-29-2010, 06:53 AM.
              Here we come!

Comment

I've already been up to the top of the Arch, so I guess I'd better go check out the Whale ! He did several other buildings at Yale as well.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I will be making the trip to Yale tonight. Will any other Union fans be there?
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                    Is he your eero? The only eeros I want to hear about this weekend wear cherry & white!
                    If you try the Sunday Times crossword puzzle you just have to know all the unusual 4 and 3 letter words and names.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                      I think most Union fans are new to this whole internet thing in general.
                      I'm glad you said most.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

If you try the Sunday Times crossword puzzle you just have to know all the unusual 4 and 3 letter words and names.
                        RPIPuzzleGuy should chime in here.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brian has Yale sweeping and Brown getting swept this weekend.

Friday:
                          Yale 4-2 over Union
                          RPI 3-2 against Brown

Saturday:
                          Yale wins 5-4 over RPI
                          Union 5-2 against Brown

Rabble rabble! I hate it when Sullivan picks us to win! Rabble rabble!

But, seriously, those predictions sound pretty accurate. Just upset about the "Talent vs momentum" comment in the RPI-Yale preview. I'll still be in Troy this weekend. Likely posting on the game threads. Let's go RED!
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            Brian has Yale sweeping and Brown getting swept this weekend.

Friday:
                            Yale 4-2 over Union
                            RPI 3-2 against Brown

Saturday:
                            Yale wins 5-4 over RPI
                            Union 5-2 against Brown

Rabble rabble! I hate it when Sullivan picks us to win! Rabble rabble!

But, seriously, those predictions sound pretty accurate. Just upset about the "Talent vs momentum" comment in the RPI-Yale preview. I'll still be in Troy this weekend. Likely posting on the game threads. Let's go RED!
                            I would agree with you on talent vs. momentum because, even though it was Black Friday and we were at home, we had lost the previous game in disappointing fashion, so we didn't have momentum at all. Not to mention, we didn't have one of our powerhouse forwards (Helfrich). But, it is Mr. Sullivan's opinion, and I shall respect him for it, regardless of agreement.

And hey, he picked the exact same thing last time, and went 1-1-2 on his picks. So what? He could go 1-1-2 again, he could go 4-0-0, he could go 0-4-0. It doesn't mean a certain thing will happen. It's like a croupier passing you the dice with a 7 showing: It doesn't matter what they look like when you get them, it matters once you've thrown the dice.

Comment

What a terrible game...

To add to that, I was stuck listening to the god-awful announcers on the B2 feed. They seriously need to have the away team's audio feed for B2.

Despite the loss, Kerins seems to be pretty hot now. He keeps coming up with goals right when we need them the most.
                              RPI
                              Remember, whenever we score, you need to punch, shove, or throw the person next to you, or else you will be removed from our section.

Announcer: [Opposing Team] returns to full strength!
                              Crowd: That's de-
                              [HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!]

Comment

Originally posted by Kronojon View Post
                                What a terrible game...

To add to that, I was stuck listening to the god-awful announcers on the B2 feed. They seriously need to have the away team's audio feed for B2.

Despite the loss, Kerins seems to be pretty hot now. He keeps coming up with goals right when we need them the most.
                                I totally agree with your assessment of the announcers. They were awful. But only in a homer sort of way.

I will be leaving for New Haven shortly. I will be at the pre game festivities.
                                If anyone wants to say hello, I will be wearing a white hoodie with the words Rensselaer Hockey in red on the front. I will also answer to the name Mike.
                                Hope to meet many of you.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X