AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Tirone must really want this
      Another way to look at it I suppose it that it would be pretty disrespectful to put someone else in now. It would be like, "Well, here you go. We'll stick you in an 8-1 game after we decided you weren't good enough to play all year." Or maybe Clark said "Scre* you" and wouldn't go in.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Oh...totally agree. But as you know, all the "attention" would be focused on him as he were skating off the ice (fairly or unfairly), so it's still embarrassing. Better to just do it in the locker room between periods.
        I'm realky talking about the entire season...he's not the blame for a lack of team defense
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          I'm realky talking about the entire season...he's not the blame for a lack of team defense
          Yes, I know.

Comment

Good for TK - he will finish his season leading the nation in points. It won't last as Vecchione, and likely Foo, will pass him but it won't detract from an incredible season. He has lifted UNH to the heights of a second round game three with little help this year.

Playing against defensive stalwarts MC and UML may very well cost him a spot in the Hobey Hattrick but he is extremely deserving. What he could have accomplished this season playing with better talent around him...

---

As far as the G situation, while there is plenty of blame to go around regarding UNHs team defense. Neither goalie has done ANYTHING in the last two years to indicate he deserves 95% of the playing time without a challenge to the throne. And yet the coaching staff has seen fit to create zero real competition at the most important position on the ice. It is a horrible look for them and the most critical part of UNHs awful defensive season...
            Last edited by Dan; 03-12-2017, 05:07 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

goalie switch... hernberg in for wall
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Just saw this score like:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/P071rW6jltIAg/giphy.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Good for TK - he will finish his season leading the nation in points. It won't last as Vecchione, and likely Foo, will pass him but it won't detract from an incredible season. He has lifted UNH to the heights of a second round game three with little help this year.

Playing against defensive stalwarts MC and UML may very well cost him a spot in the Hobey Hattrick but he is extremely deserving. What he could have accomplished this season playing with better talent around him...

---

As far as the G situation, while there is plenty of blame to go around regarding UNHs team defense. Neither goalie has done ANYTHING in the last two years to indicate he deserves 95% of the playing time without a challenge to the throne. And yet the coaching staff has seen fit to create zero real competition at the most important position on the ice. It is a horrible look for them and the most critical part of UNHs awful defensive season...
                  UNH has goalie help on the way...just won't arrive until 2020.

Totally agree that there should have been competition in net.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    It doesn't look like it to me (assuming that the aspect ratio would be 16:9 if it were HD and it looks more like 4:3). But what's worse is that the "full screen" button doesn't work, so you can only watch in a window which isn't anywhere close to full-size, meaning you can't take a cable and plug into your TV (which is what I always do in the regular season). Well, you "can" but it will only take up part of the screen. Better to watch on a desktop with a larger screen, at least.
                    thanks! Ended up listening on the stream
                    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                      thanks! Ended up listening on the stream
                      You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Sorry Lowell fans but UNH has picked up a lot of support for game 3. BC fans. Why? Because a BC win over Notre Dame rather than BU in the semifinals gives them a great chance for an a large NCAA bid should BC lose in the championship game due to flipping a PWR comparison with Notre Dame. If BC plays BU they may need to win Hockey East to get in.
                        When I first saw this earlier this afternoon, I should have known we were in deep, deep trouble.

I guess if there was ever going to be a silver lining in all of this, this will have to be it.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          When I first saw this earlier this afternoon, I should have known we were in deep, deep trouble.

I guess if there was ever going to be a silver lining in all of this, this will have to be it.
                          Fire up the latest Quest WIS productions! ....Over to you.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I was just listening to the UNH post-game on the radio, and I think it was Pete Webster who said that Tirone came up just short of the single season UNH saves record tonight. Apparently he fell short of the record still held by another *favorite* of the UNH boards, Matt DiGirolamo.

So for those wondering why Coach left Tirone in the game after the collapse ... a possible explanation.

Regardless, the sheer stubbornness of today's decision does speak volumes to the man's mindset.

Comment

Sorry to see all of you blaming Umi for the decline of the team! You want the truth, then blame Scarano and the Admission Director, both of which began the decline of both UNH hockey programs 10 years ago......you think it's just coincidence that B-Ball and football have physical coaches, with incidents over their coaching years but McCloskey is fired because he coaches women? Recruiting couldn't get anyone of stature when it would've made a difference in keeping the pipeline improving the team's...........Sorry but the once Nationally ranked programs are now second and third thoughts to football, b-ball, volleyball, gymnastics.......how can other schools maintain all their team's without choosing? UNH men's couldn't even sell half of Lake Whitt for Michigan 2 years ago.....once impossible tickets couldn't sell at $11 with hot dog! So sorry to ruin your funeral guys but it's not Umile's doing........maybe Chuck can explain better......

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Fire up the latest Quest WIS productions! ....Over to you.
                                Nah, I'll let the fallout settle down for a day or two, and close that sucker up for the season later this week.

Right now, I'm patiently awaiting arrival of the video versions of the coaches' post-game press conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X