Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Hope you had better luck schmoozing prospective students than the UNH coaching staff has had schmoozing prospective and talented recruits....
    If you guys can find a legitimate goalie you'll be competitive. Until you fix that I don't know.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      If you guys can find a legitimate goalie you'll be competitive. Until you fix that I don't know.

That, and 4 defensemen and 8 forwards.

During the Merrimack series they mentioned Umile's grand children at the game. As Scott mentioned, the whole family, including grandkids, were also at the final Whit game. Reading faint tea leaves, I think Maass and Gildon coming "early" suggests a new era -- I think the interview with Gildon might shed slight on why he committed and who he expects to play for, which is why it hasn't aired yet with C-H-C. I think we are seeing the farewell tour, and sorry it ends on such a sour note, though not sorry it ends. I await the direction the program goes, but that's a matter for later discussion.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        More like a legitimate defense and a consistently good goalie. Tirone had his moments, both good and bad.

Comment

Certainly been a strength of the Bazin era. As the season neared I heard from an internal source there was concern as the Hawks were choosing from (essentially) three freshmen. Once again it has worked out just fine.

Congrats Hawks on a fine season - thus far.
          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Why is Tirone getting left out right now? Bring in Clark or someone. No reason to embarass him (that said Lowell should keep scoring)
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              Certainly been a strength of the Bazin era. As the season neared I heard from an internal source there was concern as the Hawks were choosing from (essentially) three freshmen. Once again it has worked out just fine.
              2 Freshman and 2 Sophomores. The sophomores had a combined 80 minutes of career ice time. But both of the Freshman are drafted so theres that.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Why is Tirone getting left out right now? Bring in Clark or someone. No reason to embarass him (that said Lowell should keep scoring)
                At this point it would probably be more embarrassing to replace him in the middle of the period. Perhaps start the third with Clark - not quite as conspicuous and he doesn't have to skate off in front of everyone after having given up eight goals.

Comment

Guessing at this point he doesn't want to pull him during play. If Umile sends him back out for the 3rd, that'd be cruel.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The fact that Clark could have prevented that last PP goal just sitting on his knees indicates that goalies and goalie pads are too big. UNH and its fan base are taking a stand against big goalies keeping the score down in modern hockey.

Maybe Clark plays the third. It's either that or FU Clark, were never going to give you ice time so please transfer immediately...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      It's either that or FU Clark, were never going to give you ice time so please transfer immediately...
                      And that would be a classless way to exit...worrying about petty stuff like that at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        At this point it would probably be more embarrassing to replace him in the middle of the period. Perhaps start the third with Clark - not quite as conspicuous and he doesn't have to skate off in front of everyone after having given up eight goals.
                        Would agree. But as we all know throughout the season, he doesn't share the blame for it all. Like Dan, somehow I am not surprised at this game. Anyhoo...ready to watch my last 'Cat period for awhile. Regardless of today, and I wish we were moving on, I'll say it has been a pleasure to follow our Seniors (first 4 year group for me). Best wishes to them. And to be a good sport I will wish UML the best on the rest of the way. Please, don't let NICC win the HE. Anyone but them.

At least I learned that Worthen's isn't such a bad place afterall (prob better after dark ) and it was GREAT to win Friday night. Just had to say that even tho it means squat.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          he doesn't share the blame for it all. Like Dan, somehow I am not surprised at this game.
                          Oh...totally agree. But as you know, all the "attention" would be focused on him as he were skating off the ice (fairly or unfairly), so it's still embarrassing. Better to just do it in the locker room between periods.

Comment

Well, so much for that.

Comment

Hockey East box has Tirone still in...
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Hockey East box has Tirone still in...
                                He IS still in (I'm watching on the HE stream)

Comment

Working...
                                X