Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Did I hear the announcer right that Lowell is only running three lines tonight due to injury? Might make a difference later in the game.

Another night of UNH unable to get anything established in Lowell's zone. Going to have to rely on the PP or rushes. On that end, they do seem to be clearing the zone a bit better tonight.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Did I hear the announcer right that Lowell is only running three lines tonight due to injury? Might make a difference later in the game.
      There's definitely four lines. Well, 3 2/3 now that Campbell got tossed.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
        There's definitely four lines. Well, 3 2/3 now that Campbell got tossed.
        Ahhh, that's what they said. Said they'd need to mix and match.

Comment

And now UML takes a lead, scoring two goals on consecutive SOG, including the first shot of the second period. Mental toughness time for UNH...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            And now UML takes a lead, scoring two goals on consecutive SOG, including the first shot of the second period. Mental toughness time for UNH...
            3-1. Game is getting really chippy and Lowell dominating even-strength action

Comment

Don't think we showed up tonight....nice cross check to the head Kapla. At least we are still in it.
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-11-2017, 08:46 PM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

So did anyone at all see the play that got Soup tossed?

On ice officials certainly didn't and nobody I spoke to at arena did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  So did anyone at all see the play that got Soup tossed?

On ice officials certainly didn't and nobody I spoke to at arena did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I think my wife may have been the only one. When the refs were conferring, I asked what was going on. She said she thinks it had to do with that Lowell kid who hit the other kid in the head.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                    I think my wife may have been the only one. When the refs were conferring, I asked what was going on. She said she thinks it had to do with that Lowell kid who hit the other kid in the head.
                    I didn't see it but someone near me said it looked like Campbell caught the Wildcat player with a shoulder to the head. Play continued for a couple of minutes before they reviewed it. I wonder if Umile asked for the review as nothing was being called on the ice. It couldn't have been too obvious as the review seemed to take forever. Campbell only received a game misconduct so he'll be available tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I didn't see it but someone near me said it looked like Campbell caught the Wildcat player with a shoulder to the head. Play continued for a couple of minutes before they reviewed it. I wonder if Umile asked for the review as nothing was being called on the ice. It couldn't have been too obvious as the review seemed to take forever. Campbell only received a game misconduct so he'll be available tomorrow.
                      I thought they were only allowed to review penalties if a penalty was already called and they were trying to decide if it was worth a major. As far as anyone anywhere near me could tell, no penalty was called during play.

Comment

I thought they were only allowed to review penalties if a penalty was already called and they were trying to decide if it was worth a major. As far as anyone anywhere near me could tell, no penalty was called during play.
                        I thought the same thing and I agree nothing was being called during play. At this point I'm not sure what can or can not be reviewed. Norm wasn't happy with that call.

Comment

All in all, terrific crowd last night. Great atmosphere for the game unlike Friday night. UNH supporters were represented in good numbers. Hope to see a similar crowd today.
                          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I thought the same thing and I agree nothing was being called during play. At this point I'm not sure what can or can not be reviewed. Norm wasn't happy with that call.
                            Why do we even have on ice officials? So many of their calls are reviewed anyway. All the goals have to get the okay from
                            an off ice official before play can resume. What were they looking at when Lowell scored their 2nd goal. It could not have
                            been goaltender interference when the UML player was not even near the crease. All these reviews take away from the game
                            and need to be reduced.
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

I think a lot of long-time college hockey fans are similarly scratching their heads on this one. To have it take that long and it end up in an ejection seems to be a rather nasty miscarriage of justice. I'm glad it didn't have too much of an effect on the game and that Soup is back tonight.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                                What were they looking at when Lowell scored their 2nd goal. It could not have
                                been goaltender interference when the UML player was not even near the crease. All these reviews take away from the game
                                and need to be reduced.
                                The only thing we could think of was a possible offsides?

Comment

Working...
                                X