Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    True, but Im thinking if they start out big in the hole for HE they probably arent going to rally late. CT's been a challenge for Umaine last few years, VT and MC who knows but tougher than expected likely..
    Just looking at the schedule and Maine looks like they could be in the 14-16 wins area...maybe?....OOC schedule has UAA, St.Lawrence, Omaha, Quinnipiac for 2 game series and Yale/AIC for single games...which they could get 6 wins out of...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Just looking at the schedule and Maine looks like they could be in the 14-16 wins area...maybe?....OOC schedule has UAA, St.Lawrence, Omaha, Quinnipiac for 2 game series and Yale/AIC for single games...which they could get 6 wins out of...
      I don’t see any reason they shouldn’t get to 20. It’s the softest schedule Maine has had in as long as I can remember. Other than the weekend at UMA they should have a decent chance in the rest of the games. It looks like this will be another bad year for the league.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I don’t see any reason they shouldn’t get to 20. It’s the softest schedule Maine has had in as long as I can remember. Other than the weekend at UMA they should have a decent chance in the rest of the games. It looks like this will be another bad year for the league.
        Yes that's possible...and yes the Conference has been down the last couple years...but my concerns are based on the defensemen and will Maine score..??? I think Swayman in net is a plus but he needs help in the d-zone...he can't keep seeing 35-40 shots per night. The schedule is what it is...24 games in Hockey East no matter how down the Conference has been will be tough...and the OOC schedule with home games vs UAA/Omaha/AIC should be in favor of Maine...on the Road at QU and Yale will be tough...and you never know with the road series @ St.Lawrence...never easy there no matter what type of team ST.Lawrence has. But anything is possible...but now on paper only, I am sticking with 14-16 wins as attainable for this team. Hope I'm wrong and you are right..!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          The program wasn’t broken as you negative Nelly’s state. It was smack dab in the middle both in league and in country according to pairwise.

I simply want an upgrade if we can get it to be more competitive in league play so we can visit garden again. Ya know have some fun...

I stand by my F off and will extend it to you and mainehockey too.

I want this god **** team to go to hockey east finals again. Stop being negative f wads.
          grow up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Yes that's possible...and yes the Conference has been down the last couple years...but my concerns are based on the defensemen and will Maine score..??? I think Swayman in net is a plus but he needs help in the d-zone...he can't keep seeing 35-40 shots per night. The schedule is what it is...24 games in Hockey East no matter how down the Conference has been will be tough...and the OOC schedule with home games vs UAA/Omaha/AIC should be in favor of Maine...on the Road at QU and Yale will be tough...and you never know with the road series @ St.Lawrence...never easy there no matter what type of team ST.Lawrence has. But anything is possible...but now on paper only, I am sticking with 14-16 wins as attainable for this team. Hope I'm wrong and you are right..!
            For the record I’m not predicting it. Based on Red’s track record so far Maine will underperform where they should be and probably wind up somewhere around 16. I was just saying 20 is the amount they should have.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              For the record I’m not predicting it. Based on Red’s track record so far Maine will underperform where they should be and probably wind up somewhere around 16. I was just saying 20 is the amount they should have.
              Oh I know what you meant and I do understand the RG factor also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                That to me is the most frustrating factor. The team has prerty blatantly played below their talent level, especially last season. A good goach makes a team be more than the sum of its parts, not less.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  That to me is the most frustrating factor. The team has prerty blatantly played below their talent level, especially last season. A good goach makes a team be more than the sum of its parts, not less.
                  👍 Im starting to sour on the assistant; coaches too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    grow up
                    You do realize the majority of what I say is in jest. 🎃

Comment

grow up
                      Welcome though, to the f u blacki club. It takes a lot to get here. But once you are here you will find it intoxicating. Like a train wreck. You won’t ever be able to look the other way again rubber neck.

Comment

grow up
                        Your entrance exam is to drink fifteen beers and tell jacky, or Jewry, or dickie to go **** themselves on their entrance to the tunnel.

Also, I am not growing up yet... because it is too much fun not to. 😹

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Your entrance exam is to drink fifteen beers and tell jacky, or Jewry, or dickie to go **** themselves on their entrance to the tunnel.

Also, I am not growing up yet... because it is too much fun not to. ��
                          Well, have that 16th beer yet again. Or maybe your 20th?

You are truly delusional if you think Red will finally learn how to recruit and/or coach. The evidence is clear that he can do neither.

Please, do you not have eyes? He's been awful for his entire tenure, and there's no reason whatsoever to expect any improvement. No amount of alcohol is going to change that fact, as much as you try.

We need an overhaul in Orono, plain and simple. How much worse can it get?
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-03-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Harry Roy got traded today which would indicate to me he has another year of juniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Harry Roy got traded today which would indicate to me he has another year of juniors.
                              Interesting, because he was quoted by Larry as having signed an NLI and being incoming. Having said this and seeing him in action on hockeytv he could benefit having another year in USHL. Not enough hands slash confidence yet, but seems like a promising recruit.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/12/12/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-mens-hockey-coach-looks-to-the-future-with-7-recruits/

Comment

Updates made. Still waiting on a few situations to play out. I don't have time to post as frequently so bookmark/favorite page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132
                                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X