Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

    Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Pieper and Doherty, players you need on any team...they bring a blue collar/ lunch pail attitude to the lineup...won't fill the net with goals but they do the little things you notice and appreciate.
    Absolutely agree. I think Doherty has a bit if a scoring touch to his game as well. Love both their styles, fast and not afraid to get dirty in the corners. Robbins has been great so far, real speedster and he'll go into the corner. Didn't think much of him when he first arrived in Orono but he's become one of my favorites to watch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Pieper and Doherty, players you need on any team...they bring a blue collar/ lunch pail attitude to the lineup...won't fill the net with goals but they do the little things you notice and appreciate.
      100% agree. I've really loved watching Pieper in particular this year, he's had an excellent season and has been a godsend for the bottom six, bringing energy and ability to the bottom half of the roster.

      Comment


      • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

        Any way to watch USHL games free of charge? I'm hoping to get my first personal look at the Fargo trio tonight.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          Any way to watch USHL games free of charge? I'm hoping to get my first personal look at the Fargo trio tonight.
          Nope. HockeyTV. You can get a month subscription
          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

          Comment


          • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

            Canada West won the gold medal at the World Jr. A Challenge with a 5-1 victory over US. Levi Kleiboer set up the first goal of the game. Battlefords local paper write up linked below.

            http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/lo...nge-1.23124723
            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

            Comment


            • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

              Matt Thiessen named to CJHL top prospect game roster.
              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

              Comment


              • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                Article with a blurb on 2020 NHL Draft prospect and Maine recruit Nick Capone of Salisbury School

                http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1276075
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

                Comment


                • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                  Capone doesn't blow my hair back.

                  Not seeing much in general to impress me among the recruits, but I don't know a lot re: Juniors. All I can do from here is to look at the numbers and the odd game or two.

                  But the enthusiasm about all the "talent" Red has brought-in puzzles me. This year's team will almost certainly finish with a losing season, and if Red could recruit, some serious talent should be showing-up by now.

                  Comment


                  • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Capone doesn't blow my hair back.

                    Not seeing much in general to impress me among the recruits, but I don't know a lot re: Juniors. All I can do from here is to look at the numbers and the odd game or two.

                    But the enthusiasm about all the "talent" Red has brought-in puzzles me. This year's team will almost certainly finish with a losing season, and if Red could recruit, some serious talent should be showing-up by now.
                    Yes, this thread has turned into a love fest for present and future recruits. These players have no limitations. If it gives joy and optimism to fans that's great.

                    Comment


                    • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                      Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Yes, this thread has turned into a love fest for present and future recruits. These players have no limitations. If it gives joy and optimism to fans that's great.
                      I'm all about optimism when it's warranted, but yeah, there's not a lot of evidence to support that.

                      The longer we all cross our fingers that Red will succeed, the longer we'll have to wait for Maine to get anywhere near respectable again.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-22-2017, 10:56 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Capone doesn't blow my hair back.

                        Not seeing much in general to impress me among the recruits, but I don't know a lot re: Juniors. All I can do from here is to look at the numbers and the odd game or two.

                        But the enthusiasm about all the "talent" Red has brought-in puzzles me. This year's team will almost certainly finish with a losing season, and if Red could recruit, some serious talent should be showing-up by now.
                        Genuine question...is this satire?
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Genuine question...is this satire?
                          I'm sure you know that, coming from Fish, he is dead serious when typing this.

                          Comment


                          • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                            It comes down to winning and winning that puts you on the map in Post Season play in the Conference that your in and with a chance at a NCAA Bid each and every year...has not happen @ Maine...so recruiting has been "IFFY" with you take what's out there and HOPE that you fine that diamond in the rough. Money is a issue also, a new building would not hurt and location/location/location...the hockey scene has changed in many ways. Maine is to some a hard sell. That's where winning/playing Post Season Hockey is a must and doing it on a regular basis. The only part that I take out of this 1st half...is that we may have solved the goaltending area {Swayman}...with that said it's still only the 1st half, but I like the kid...he comes to play and you can see he wants to be the factor in changing Maine's losing ways...so kudo's to him and great he gets a chance to go to the WJC in Buffalo...that along with the experience he's gaining this season bolds well that he's a foundation piece and step forward for Maine. I guess its sad to say that 8-7-1 is a good feeling, but myself I figured Maine's record would have been less then that { I had figure a 6-10-0 record before the season }. So I guess if they were to mirror the 2nd half and finish 16-14-2, that would be a positive...some negatives do come out but only to show facts and not to wish the Team ill will...lets hope they are ready for the 6 game road trip to begin the 2nd half as they can't take anyone lightly and at the same time remember the 2nd half finish, but we shall see...the game is on the ice...lets Go Maine..!

                            Comment


                            • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                              Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I'm all about optimism when it's warranted, but yeah, there's not a lot of evidence to support that.

                              The longer we all cross our fingers that Red will succeed, the longer we'll have to wait for Maine to get anywhere near respectable again.
                              So Swayman plays a period in exhibition WJC game, makes 8 saves against a Swedish team favored to win it all, US wins 3-1, yeah he must suck. What do you want see? 92-93 ain't happening ever again in Orono. Shawn ain't walking thru that door. After 4 years I don't see Red making Maine a powerhouse again but they are better than last year. Any improvement is better than nothing
                              http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820
                              Last edited by walrus; 12-23-2017, 05:53 AM.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

                                Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                So Swayman plays a period in exhibition WJC game, makes 8 saves against a Swedish team favored to win it all, US wins 3-1, yeah he must suck. What do you want see? 92-93 ain't happening ever again in Orono. Shawn ain't walking thru that door. After 4 years I don't see Red making Maine a powerhouse again but they are better than last year. Any improvement is better than nothing
                                http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820
                                Good for Swayman, as I said before...the experience he gains at being in the WJC and around all these players from different University's will bold well for Maine & Swayman {imo}...he's a gamer and as far as improving...we are seeing bits and pieces and as you said...we will never/ever see a team like the 92-93 or a Coach in the mold of SW...he was one of a kind and I can say I was glad to witness those teams and the way he prepared each and ever time they played. This current team as is needs to improve there defense/penalty kill and those dreaded dumb penalty's...they really have no true sniper in the scoring department...Tralmaks is close to it but he is also streaky...so scoring needs to come from everyone...chipping in/ strong team defense and no brain cramps in the penalty's per game...not a star studded team but when your goaltending is solid, games can be won and confidence can grow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X