Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Catching the third period here at the agganis. I can see why it would be frustrating to be an NU fan. What an awful PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second best power play in college hockey ... right.

They've scored 11 more PP goals than any other team in the nation.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
      NU has one of the top PP. BU also has a terrific PK (most of the time) though
      It's been an abomination tonight. Really difficult to watch. BU's kill has been good but NU is not playing their best powerplay hockey
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Seen this before
        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Is Madigan serious? What an asinine comment. The hook on Keller was much more of a penalty than the "hold" on Fabbro with 4 minutes left. And that was NU's second PP in the final 8 minutes of the game. Quit whining and get your team to score when they get the PP.

Overall an exciting game. NU took it to BU for the first period, then BU finally found their legs. BU lost Carpenter and MacLeod (not sure what happened to MacLeod) but managed to keep up the intensity.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Is Madigan serious? What an asinine comment. The hook on Keller was much more of a penalty than the "hold" on Fabbro with 4 minutes left. And that was NU's second PP in the final 8 minutes of the game. Quit whining and get your team to score when they get the PP.

Overall an exciting game.
            I agree with you. ****ed at the result. But a good hockey game. The Fabbro call was awful. The Davies hook seemed legit watching it live.
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

My seats were close to the blueline and in real-time BU looked off-side on the game winner. I haven't seen a replay so I don't know if I'm just wrong or the angle they had was inconclusive. NU better play a lot better tomorrow than the did after the first period tonight, or the season will be over.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                My seats were close to the blueline and in real-time BU looked off-side on the game winner. I haven't seen a replay so I don't know if I'm just wrong or the angle they had was inconclusive. NU better play a lot better tomorrow than the did after the first period tonight, or the season will be over.
                It would have been offside if the BU forward who brought the puck in touched it. He let it go as the players were clearing, then retouched it (it was settled and not moving) after they cleared and brought it in. Very easy to think in real time it was offside but he just was able to time the play correctly so it was onside. I want to say it was Keller?
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  My seats were close to the blueline and in real-time BU looked off-side on the game winner.
                  Well, it's been a calm and happy night but now I'm going to go on a rant. I'm not directing this at you (but you brought it up so it just hit a nerve).

Let's just replay every second of every game forever. If there was a bug on the blue line in the 1st period causing the puck to skip, then history has been changed forever, right?

I mean, how far do you go back? At least in baseball or football there's a "finite" time to a "play." What if there is no stoppage for eight minutes? Someone scores a goal. Do you go back and watch eight minutes of footage to ensure that there wasn't a "violation" somewhere?

So we are going to create a perfect world where nobody ever makes a mistake? Where does it end? And people wonder why officials are "tentative" or "afraid to make a call." As a former official I can tell you that if there was someone looking over my shoulder every second I would quit the game. Players make mistakes all the time, but officials can't? Mistakes are part of the game. The obsessive scrutiny (under the guise of "it's more important that they 'got it right'") is excessive. Let's just play a virtual reality computer game instead.

This has nothing to do with who won the game. Something has to be done about this stuff (and the same people who scream in favor of replay are screaming about the "length" of games). I mean seriously...what would have happened if they scored at 10:05 of overtime and there hadn't been a stoppage since 1:25? Seriously. Would they review the previous 8:40 to look for an infraction? And if there was an offside at 1:28, would they set the clock back and start again from there? This is so ridiculous. People make mistakes and you just have to let it go. OR...do what football and baseball do and give each coach two challenges. If Madigan thought it was offside, he can challenge. But reviewing EVERY score as far back as the previous stoppage (I mean, I assume that's what they do, because if not, it's even worse because then it would be "arbitrary") is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Overall an exciting game. NU took it to BU for the first period, then BU finally found their legs. BU lost Carpenter and MacLeod (not sure what happened to MacLeod) but managed to keep up the intensity.
                    The hook was more egregious than JVR's infamous hook on Bonino in the 09 regional final. Stick parallel to the ground and completely across the attacker's chest. Also denied a scoring opportunity. Not to mention NU got two PPs in the late 3rd that yielded nothing, sooooooo.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                      It's GAMEDAY kids!

Hope BU can win in two (sorry Huskies) to avoid going West (different discussion), so let's see if the boys are up to it!
                      where the boys end up all depends on the top seeds, then of course the seed bu gets. if we can get 2 western teams in at 1 & 2, then 3-4-5-6 will be east. 7-8-9-10 west, along with 15 & 16 - depending of course on 1st rd interconference matchups.

is uvm screwed now? do they have to win their next 2 to solidify a spot? still looks like the igles need to win a bunch. pc may be safe (and then get to play in their "home" regional again )
                      lot to consider with the sioux back in the picture. if du is the #1 and earn the west region, congrats don't finish 8th or 9th - though if sioux are a 3rd seed that brings floats within that band.

still too far out basically. bu needs to win their next 3 and try to get the last #1 seed
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's league policy to review every goal that's scored in the tournament regardless of the situation. You can direct your rage at them.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          It's league policy to review every goal that's scored in the tournament regardless of the situation. You can direct your rage at them.
                          I said it wasn't "directed" at him, but since he brought it up I gave my opinion. And, besides, you missed the point. I wasn't questioning why it was DONE, I am questioning the RATIONALE of the policy.

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like the "under" won.

Comment

LOL, ok. Officiating was bad tonight but NU got some gifts too. I thought this was a legit call.
                                Last edited by Tater; 03-10-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X